Has anyone done business with Jack Spears - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:29 PM   #1
shayshay
Question Has anyone done business with Jack Spears

Newbie here. My friend in the business told me that I could post-up here and that if anyone knew of him they would fill me in.I am considering buying a few ball python's from the guy.His name is Jack Spears aka JS reptiles.Please any info would be greatly appreciated before I go thru with the deal. thank you. Shandra L.

Old 09-20-2008, 04:49 PM   #2
$JK$
Sorry I didn't see this thread before I started one! But I have had a great experiance with Jack and I would most definently use him again. Just check my thread for details! James Kingston

Old 09-23-2008, 07:09 PM   #3
Royal Morphz
hmm ive just saw a post on BP.Net that he was looking for ball morphs but seeing as you guys posted together i think we need to do an ip check on these to posters i have a feeling they may be troll accounts

Old 09-23-2008, 10:09 PM   #4
shayshay
Well seeing as how I don't have bright pink hair and I'm not stuck on the end of a pencil. I don't think I'm a "troll". Please do an ip check I take offense to this claim. Are you the fauna police ? Maybe you should leave the policing up to the admin.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:46 AM   #5
JudyC
Some very shady circumstances have come to our attention regarding a member known as JSReptiles. After quite a bit of investigating, we are certain something fishy is going on. And due to a high traffic of Private Messages with a variety of our members, we felt it necessary to get this information out as soon as we could.

It was brought to our attention that there were two identical business sites set up...same basic templates, exact same pictures, exact same wording.....except there were two different business names AND two different personal names associated with these two sites.

JSReptiles -- Jack Spears:
http://www.freewebs.com/jsreptiles/index.htm

rollinsgotherps -- Jacob Rollins
http://rollinsgotherps.webs.com/aboutus.htm

One of our admins (rabernet) sent a PM to JSReptiles to inquire about this curious oddity. Later that evening (Sept 23rd) when JSReptiles logged on and read rabernet's PM, the rollinsgotherps site suddenly vanished from the 'Net. (As you will see, that link is now broken)

But we got a couple screen shots before it disappeared...

When JSReptiles answered rabernet's PM, he said the rollinsgotherps site was a complete rip-off of his own site. He said he had notified the owner and was in the process of trying to get it removed from the 'Net.

However...a closer look at JSReptiles's site revealed this:

Which clearly shows that the images being used on JSReptiles were being hosted by rollinsgotherps.

Both of these guys claim to be from Ohio. Both IPs show them to be from the Dayton area and are off only by a couple of digits. Both use .aol e-mails to register at BP.net.

Both have recent threads on Fauna. (Which this notice will shortly be attached to as well) Notice the people starting both these threads are also from Ohio and only just registered this month, which is exactly when this person suddenly bursts onto the scene. Please also notice the similarities with LAWReptiles and company (also from Ohio in the Dayton area) and how those threads intertwined. Make of that what you will.

"Jacob Rollins"
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=116921

Where the same guy who started the "Jacob Rollins" thread also supported one of LAWReptiles's aliases.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=116906

Old 09-24-2008, 12:11 PM   #6
Royal Morphz
thanks Admin I knew this smelled of chit and Shay shay if ur not banned yet I am the fauna neighborhood "police" we all are we have to protect the good people of fauna and the hero community I take pride that I can spot a scam

Old 09-24-2008, 12:15 PM   #7
JudyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowsback View Post
thanks Admin I knew this smelled of chit and Shay shay if ur not banned yet I am the fauna neighborhood "police" we all are we have to protect the good people of fauna and the hero community I take pride that I can spot a scam
You're welcome...but just to clarify...I'm an Admin of Ball-Pythons.net and not associated with Fauna at all except as a member and financial supporter. I have nothing to do with the running or moderating of this site.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:19 PM   #8
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Both of these guys claim to be from Ohio. Both IPs show them to be from the Dayton area and are off only by a couple of digits. Both use .aol e-mails to register at BP.net.
Same thing in this thread as the others.

Shayshay and $JK$ Both registered on the same day. Both registered using
dsl.dytnoh.sbcglobal.net

Which also is the same as Herper565 dsl.dytnoh.sbcglobal.net
And rollinsgotherps dsl.dytnoh.sbcglobal.net

Something really stinks.

But, the mere fact that the pictures on Spears site is being hosted by Rollins site is enough.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:22 PM   #9
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
But, the mere fact that the pictures on Spears site is being hosted by Rollins site is enough.
Considering Spears statements before he knew that you were aware of that fact.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:23 PM   #10
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
Same thing in this thread as the others.

Shayshay and $JK$ Both registered on the same day. Both registered using
dsl.dytnoh.sbcglobal.net

Which also is the same as Herper565 dsl.dytnoh.sbcglobal.net
And rollinsgotherps dsl.dytnoh.sbcglobal.net

Something really stinks.

You know, these loonies keep saying fauna is crap, and this site is just a pack of dogs, and whatever other hillarious insults they need to come up with, yet they KEEP SHOWING UP! weird aint it?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!