What should the price be? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 03-20-2002, 12:12 PM   #1
billw
I am a breeder of Veiled Chameleons and have started working with a wholesaler in California. I don't think that I am getting the best preice for my animals and was wondering if other breeders out there could give me some advice.

I am breeding Sunburst Orange Hybrids. The wholesaler is giveing me $25.00 for an animal that is 6" from snout to vent. This is a very large animal 3 to 4 months old and over a foot long if you count the tail. He wants to pay me $20.00 for anyting less than this length. Being new to the business I don't have any reference to go by. But these animals retial for $25.00 an inch where I buy them at. I am sure everyone probably knows about three hybrids Glenn sales at veiledchameleons.com. That is where I bought my breeding stock.

I was hoping the rest of the breeders out there could give me some advice on what I should be getting for my animals. Length and price.

Thanks

Old 03-20-2002, 12:48 PM   #2
franklinedwards60
I don't breed Veilds. But you have to remember a wholesaler sells to pet stores. They have to pay employes gas, ect........
So if they buy them from you at $25.00 each they will most likely sell them for $50.00 and then the pet store will sell to the public at $100.00 or higher. The only reason you would want to sell so cheap is you can sell all your babies now insted of selling them off one at a time. All I can say is check around to find the best price and if you find one you like sell to them. Just always remember keep back some of your stock for yourself, because even the wholesaler will sell you animals in the future for a profit. This is just my opinion.

Old 03-20-2002, 10:26 PM   #3
Mike and Erica @ MotherGecko
Bill,
We have a bunch of nice high yellow stock Veileds hatching now and many behind it.  We will be asking around $75-$100 each after they are 6 months old and wont even sell babies until they get larger ( at least 3-4 months) for thier well being like you were.  I would think your not getting enough especially since they are 6 inches S-V and Orange sunburst unless your selling super large lots of 50-100 at a time (IMO).  To be honest I'll take some of em off your hands at that price to diversify our bloodlines and re-sell for a profit.  Rise up the price on them, and Faunaclassifieds is a good way to retail some off for sure.  E mail me if you'd like.....Mike

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!