Experienced Retic Keepers - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-10-2009, 07:15 AM   #1
crotalusadamanteus
Experienced Retic Keepers

Looking for an experienced Retic Keeper. My friend Russel Hall has returned from serving our country in Iraq, unfortunately with several war injuries that are sure to keep him immobile for quite some time.

About 4 years ago he took on this Retic as a rescue. He fully intended to keep it as his pet. But due to his war injuries, he is rendered barely capable of taking care of himself at this time, let alone a fair sized Retic. Though it breaks his heart to have to part with his pet, he contacted me for help in trying to place the animal in a nice home with an "EXPERIENCED" Retic or large Python handler. Experience is a MUST, as Retics are some of the smartest snakes on the planet, and will exploit any weakness they detect in your handling ability.

This Retic is a male, approximately 12-15 ft in length. He's used to being handled, and is pretty disinclined to aggression. The animal will track you at feeding time, but this is normal behavior, and he settles down after a meal. The animals locale is unknown, and his lineage is unknown. He has never bred to date, because he is a pet, and has never been afforded the opportunity to breed. But I'm sure he has it in him.

If a home is found, I will take possession of he animal and work on getting him shipped. I will ship him ONLY via Delta DASH same day service, and new owner will have to pick him up from the nearest Delta Airlines hub. New owner will be responsible for the shipping fees, which I am unsure of exact amount until the animal is weighed in.

If interested, please send your info, qualifications, and intentions to rick@sublimeboa.com And I'll play middle man until the deal is done. This snake is looking for and deserves a permanent home. He is not to be "flipped" so please don't reply if these are your intentions.

Thank You for your help.
Rick

Old 10-10-2009, 10:09 AM   #2
reticguy76
first and foremost, your friend is a hero and has all my respect and thanks for serving our great country. second, you are a great friend helping him re-locate his pet. if this was about 3 years from now (as i am planning on moving to the great state of texas in 2012), i would easily take him. i wish your friend the best of luck and quickest recovery, and also wish you the best of luck for helping him find a great, permanent home for his buddy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!