New to Hoggies... Color Question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-27-2009, 02:09 PM   #1
snakemami
New to Hoggies... Color Question

I got this adorable male hognose today, and it was given to me as a hypo. Definately a male, and I don't really care about the color for any reason other than curiosity.
What are your opinions please?

Old 12-27-2009, 02:39 PM   #2
charleshanklin
It's a pretty snake but definetly not a hypo. Hypos have a almost purple translucent colored belly.

Old 12-27-2009, 02:54 PM   #3
snakemami
That's what I thought from the online reading I have been doing.... however looking at him next to the normals, he's considerably lighter and belly is more purple that brown. Any thoughts?

Old 12-27-2009, 06:13 PM   #4
charleshanklin
Do you have any side by side comparison shots with another hog? Belly pic I'm talking about. Where did you get him? Any lineage info from the person that you picked him up from? Where in Fl are you?

Old 12-27-2009, 06:33 PM   #5
snakemami
I'm in Jax.... I don't have any other pics. He was a gift so I know nothing about lineage. He's in isolation for the next 8 weeks so I won't have any way to take pics of him next to any other hogs until he's been vet checked, etc.

Do you have any pics of normals vs others?

I have lots of ball pythons, and some Old World Rats and GTP, etc but this is my first Hog... I'm loving him.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:08 PM   #6
charleshanklin
I will have to work on some pics. If there is something I slack on it's pics

Old 01-02-2010, 09:22 PM   #7
lcchavez
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleshanklin View Post
I will have to work on some pics. If there is something I slack on it's pics
You got that right! lol

That's a very nice looking hog! I don't believe its a hypo either. Not a genetic hypo anyways. A side by side ventral shot with a normal would definitely help! Congrats on a great gift!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!