FaunaClassifieds
 Sponsors   Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds  Chat  |  Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 
 
  Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 09:09 AM   #41
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by adder View Post
lucille - you have a point - we shouldn't be arguing.
If what you are after is a conversation, you are correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adder
But what am I to do when I point out an obvious piece of
misinformation, only to have a bunch of argumentative people
changing the subject
Well, if your goal is to have a conversation and not be a control freak, let people have their say. There are other opinions besides yours, and some of them may be equally or more valid. Listen.



Quote:
Originally Posted by adder
If you have any concern for the welfare of people, reptiles or the legitimate passtime of keeping snakes in boxes, redirect your anger towards those trying to stop the hobby and not the sometimes legit use of devenomized snakes for the snake's own welfare and/or public safety.
See, there you go, trying to control again. I believe there is no good reason for venomoid surgery and that one is hurting the snake and asking for trouble by doing said surgery. My opinion is every bit a valid as yours, and by trying to control what I think, and what other people think, you are merely creating a justifiably poor rep for yourself.

You are trying to imply that because people have an opinion in this thread,they are not fighting the real fight. However, that is plainly erroneous as you too are here with your opinion.

A piece of advice, and it's free: Don't come out swinging and putting folks down. I mean really, if you do that, what did you expect in return?
 
Old 01-08-2010, 09:18 AM   #42
Strike_Force_Reptiles
Ray, i dont have a problem with venomoids like i said in previous post i use them but for you to say there is no danger you are ignorant. to say you and your staff take FULL responseability in the decline on death from snake bits there is being ignorant, big headed, and you are lying to yourselves. i never seen anyone in goldsboro nc with a snake til i came but for me to say i got everyone to get them would be stupid. 3) for you to use these snakes the way you do is stupid and is why bills like s373 are brought up because idiots cant handle snakes like an adult and treat them responsably. you my friend might need to get some education before you go trying to educate.
 
Old 01-08-2010, 09:23 AM   #43
Strike_Force_Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
If what you are after is a conversation, you are correct.



Well, if your goal is to have a conversation and not be a control freak, let people have their say. There are other opinions besides yours, and some of them may be equally or more valid. Listen.





See, there you go, trying to control again. I believe there is no good reason for venomoid surgery and that one is hurting the snake and asking for trouble by doing said surgery. My opinion is every bit a valid as yours, and by trying to control what I think, and what other people think, you are merely creating a justifiably poor rep for yourself.

You are trying to imply that because people have an opinion in this thread,they are not fighting the real fight. However, that is plainly erroneous as you too are here with your opinion.

A piece of advice, and it's free: Don't come out swinging and putting folks down. I mean really, if you do that, what did you expect in return?


Lucille you hit it right on the head with this one. we are all going to have our views and opinions and even though sometime things get heated in the rooms some of us still respect other views even though they are not our own. Ray you should take notes. its all about respect! good post Lucille
 
Old 01-08-2010, 10:00 AM   #44
adder
Lucille and strike-force-reptiles both take a deep breath and calm down.
I am not trying to control you.
I have already conceded your right to dislike venomoids and everyting about them.
Happy?
What I came to this thread about and my only reason was to correct obvious misinformation and/or lies on the said subject.
My original post noted the error of the claim that it was hard to differentiate muscle from organ tissue, given that false claim was used here as a basis to claim venomoids were not safe.
Venomoids by defnition are safe as they have no venom.
That's been established here for years and to the satisfaction of the worksafe authorities and the world's best vet surgeons and the numerous people who have volunteered to take bites from the said snakes!
So the claims and arguments against venomoids if legitimate, must move beyond the false claims that the operation is not possible (this was the original claim) and/or that venom gland regenerates, which we have established they don't.
Now you can have other objections against venomoids and they don't even have to make sense, but all I ask (and perhaps it's an impossible dream) is that you stick to facts and not lies.
ALL THE BEST:deadh orse
 
Old 01-08-2010, 10:13 AM   #45
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by adder View Post
Now you can have other objections against venomoids and they don't even have to make sense, but all I ask (and perhaps it's an impossible dream) is that you stick to facts and not lies.
You just don't get it, do you. Your language is inflammatory and derogatory.
You are repeating your original opinions. There is in fact good information that counters your opinions, but you are not here to listen, and were not from the getgo. You are plainly intent on your performance, with all those horses, not on a dialogue, and certainly not the truth.

Who paid you?
 
Old 01-08-2010, 10:16 AM   #46
Strike_Force_Reptiles
hey Ray try reading my posts, i said i agree with venomoids BUT venomoids are NOT 100% safe to do with like you do i dont care how you put it. you dont know when someone will screw up. i do remember someone on here ordered a hot from a company and got a venomoid so i wonder who ordered the venomoids that got the hot? might find out at the morgue. so see people do screw up and to tell everyone that venomoids are safe is wrong. free handling of a venomoid is stupid period. a dog has no venom but can you say a dog trained to attack is safe? venomous snake have and instinct to bite plain and simple, if someone screws up whats going to happen when the people gets bite while free handling a venomoid that someone screwed up? they are going to think ok its safe no venom and just clean it off and go on like it never happened while they are doing that by the time they realize somethings not right 70% will be too far from help and will die. also with venomoids you still run the risk of infection as well and the fangs could hit an artery which is very rare but there still is that chance. so no venomoids are not safe so you can keep arguing that they are but its bs and will just go right out the window. the facts are the facts and even though i use venomoids for real educational show i also stated that it is to lessen the risk of someone getting hurt i never said it was to make it safe. so i use them and i know the dangers. how about this you pull your head out of that warm dark hole its in and we will stop showing you all the ways you are ignorant. sound good?
 
Old 01-08-2010, 02:57 PM   #47
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by adder View Post
Try joining HSUS!
Ahahahhahhhahhahhhahhahhhahhahha
Now THAT'S funny

btw, this is a discussion forum - you can stop with the shameless self promotion. (referring, of course, to the attached images/advertisements in posts 27 + 39)
 
Old 01-08-2010, 06:06 PM   #48
Gary O
People that scream I win I win are not sure of themselves.

Tell you what I gave you facts.

Fact: You abuse the snakes untill they bite you. There is no if ands or buts about it.

Fact: you cut into the head of venomous snakes so you can play with them in public.

Fact: You get upset when someone says that it can be done wrong. And it can be.
 
Old 01-08-2010, 06:26 PM   #49
Strike_Force_Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary O View Post
People that scream I win I win are not sure of themselves.

Tell you what I gave you facts.

Fact: You abuse the snakes untill they bite you. There is no if ands or buts about it.

Fact: you cut into the head of venomous snakes so you can play with them in public.

Fact: You get upset when someone says that it can be done wrong. And it can be.
 
Old 01-08-2010, 07:56 PM   #50
ScottyPimpin
I don't want to rain on anyones parade but the whole point of this thread was to try and promote the safe way of the procedure being done. We all know a lot of people perform the surgery that don't know what they are doing, or think they know but not licensed and certainly not a surgeon. For that reason i'd say the vast majority of "venomoids" are hard to consider safe, you guys are certainly right on that point.

But what i was trying to aim for was the snakes that do have the surgery done but licensed surgeons. the pain cared for pre and post surgery and possibly even implants put it place. I'd be very interested in seeing a study done one THOSE snakes to see if any ever become venomous again.
 

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[For Sale] Venomoids devenomized Venomous Snakes 0 09-23-2009 09:41 PM
[For Sale] Venomoids SamC Venomous Snakes 9 03-28-2009 01:15 PM
Pro Venomoids bowhunter Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum 31 02-16-2006 04:51 PM
Venomoids? Darin Chappell General Business Discussions 11 06-14-2002 03:43 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:17 AM.





since April 17, 2002




TESTING!
Fauna Top Sites


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.10018301 seconds with 10 queries
Content copyrighted 2002-2014, FaunaClassifieds, LLC