First serpent eggs of the season (JCP) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-08-2003, 02:02 AM   #1
Clay Davenport
First serpent eggs of the season (JCP)

I was pleased to find this girl wrapped around 10 nice eggs a few days ago. I let her keep them a couple days so we could watch her "twitching" to hold the temps.
She was nice about me taking them away though which was a pleasant surprise. I'm not fond of getting hit by these guys.
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2003, 09:40 PM   #2
Dan's_herps
i can see why you hate getting bitten, mine is 5 months and 1 week and i just got bitten, scared the poop outtta me but i only had two red blood dots on my thumb, she a nice snake, when it comes time for my breeding should i leave her to incubate or should i take over?
thanks
Dan

Old 11-07-2003, 12:46 AM   #3
Clay Davenport
A 5 month old isn't too bad, but a 5-6 footer I prefer to avoid being bitten by if possible. I don't normally encourage any snake to bite me though
I personally never leave the mother to incubate the eggs. It's just much easier and more reliable for me to incubate them artificially.
A few people use maternal incubation with some pythons, but generally it's more difficult to maintain proper humidity in the cage to keep the eggs from dessicating. It can be done, but I prefer using an incubator since it requires much less attention, and leaves less room for error.

Old 12-05-2003, 09:33 PM   #4
Dan's_herps
yeah, i know a babys not bad, the way i found out?, my teachers 6 foot boa tagged me on the head, i must have been like a big chew toy, she shur acted like i was
i will take the eggs of her (when the time comes, nice snake you have there)
adios
Dan

Old 06-08-2004, 09:59 AM   #5
cassys
I need to buy a male Jungle Carpet Python. do you have any?

Thanks,
Cassandra

Old 06-08-2004, 10:15 AM   #6
Lynn
Thumbs up

Clay
Congrats on the eggs. That is a mighty fine JCP you have there. It is fun to pull out a tub and find eggs...

Old 06-08-2004, 12:10 PM   #7
Clay Davenport
Actually this post is over a year old and that is a picture of last year's clutch.
This year's batch have already hatched as well, they are about two weeks old now, so I do in fact have some. They will not be ready for sale however until they have had a few meals.

Old 06-08-2004, 12:13 PM   #8
Clay Davenport
Here is a picture of this year's clutch of eggs just after they were laid.
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2004, 12:18 PM   #9
cassys
to: Clay Davenport

I am still interested let me know when one is ready to go.

Thanks,
Cassandra

Old 06-09-2004, 03:51 AM   #10
Clay Davenport
Re: to: Clay Davenport

Quote:
Originally posted by cassys
I am still interested let me know when one is ready to go.

Thanks,
Cassandra
I will be glad to. It may be a month or more though. Some of the hatchlings have started eating, but I like to have several meals in them before letting them go just so I know they will do well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!