Bad Guy Reptile City - ReptileCity.com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:18 PM   #1
MickeyTrivett
Stop! Reptile City - ReptileCity.com

Think twice before purchasing from ReptileCity.com, as they are not reliable and lie about shipping. I purchased a Red Ear Slider and it was suppose to be sent overnight, Instead they mail it USPS Priority Mail. After not recieving the slider for the 3rd day in a row from the day it was shipped, I disputed the charge with Paypal and was awarded a refund for nondelivery, I am not sure if it was paypal that refunded the order but in the customer notes on the slip I was emailed it stated "GOAW"... I am guessing this was telling me to Go Away... I dont know.

After much more investigation with The USPS, myself and the USPS postal worker determined it is ILLEGAL and Not allowed to send TURTLES thru the USPS. They gave me the following information:

"According to the Basic Standards set fourth by the United States Postal
Service in DMM 601 Mailability, it states in section 8.5 subsection B
that;

8.5 Harmful Matter—General

Except as provided in this document, any article, composition, or material
is nonmailable if it can kill or injure another or injure the mail or
other property. Harmful matter includes, but is not limited to:

a. All types and classes of poisons, including controlled substances.

b. All poisonous animals except scorpions mailed for medical research
purposes or for the manufacture of antivenom; all poisonous insects; all
poisonous reptiles; and all types of snakes, turtles, and spiders.

c. All disease germs or scabs.

d. All explosives, flammable material, infernal machines, and mechanical,
chemical, or other devices or compositions that may ignite or explode.

The full link is here: http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/601.htm#wp1103548
"

I emailed Felton Willis and the Sales Department and made them aware of this, as I am sure they already know, but I assume they do not care from what I have read on previous post and other forums. I would highly recommend that if you are considering purchasing anything from this company or any of its affiliates you think twice. My experience with this company does not compare to some of the others on this forum but I would like to make everyone aware of it.

Here's a image for you...

I have stated the truth in this entire post and nothing is falsified. I just want to make everyone aware of the problems I encountered with this company. Thank you and have a great day....

Mickey Trivett

Old 05-11-2010, 03:12 AM   #2
scarnicom
Wow, Thanksfor the info, I almost did some business with them and was still contemplating on proceeding with it. Thank you very much.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:27 AM   #3
StrictlyExotics
Mickey, dont start another thread. It doesnt make sense to do so.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:00 PM   #4
FFSTRescue
I had a HORRIBLE experience with them (HaHareptiles.com is their wholesale website). I can't remember the details, and if I knew about the BOI, I would have posted something, but it took them a month to ship my reptiles! And they were all emaciated, later most dying despite all my medical interventions. I managed to save 3 shield-tailed agamas by tube-feeding them. I gave him a week after I first ordered, then I asked what the deal was, then I asked for a refund, no reply. He kept saying he would send them, Then I finally had to say if he didn't ship them, I would start a paypal claim. So he shipped them, and only half the order was there but I was charged for the whole thing. I only had a week left before the 45 day limit for filing a paypal claim so I told him to refund what he didn't ship or I would file a claim, I only had 7 days left at this point, but thankfully he gave me a refund, 2 days before the 45 day expiration. It was horrible not knowing if I would see my $500 order. That is all I remember about that horrible transaction.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!