Bad Guy Stephen Carnicom AKA "scarnicom" is SHADY - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-15-2010, 01:26 PM   #1
foz223
Thumbs down Stephen Carnicom AKA "scarnicom" is SHADY

yesterday i found an ad from a guy that is in the next state over. im in michigan, hes in ohio. he has an albino burm that i really liked and since he is close to me, i knew shipping would be cheap so i inquired. we talked via email and negotiated a price. he offered me $165 shipped. the next morning he emailed me. he told me the he had been searching around and found that albino burms were around $250 or something. he then proceeded to tell me that he has to up the price to $210. he found out that he could try to make a little more money off of me just because he found some more expensive burms online. this really makes me sick. we had a deal and he broke it to try to make a little more money. this is very bad business. he is a trickster. START READING EMAIL FROM BOTTOM.

Hey just figured out actual cost of albino burms is pushing the 250's+ shipping. best I can do now is 210 shipped. sorry.

To: stephen carnicom <stephencarnicom@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sat, May 15, 2010 12:48:24 AM
Subject: Re: burm pics

ok you win lol. ill do 165. get at me thanks

To: Josh Fosburg <fozistheman@yahoo.com>
Sent: Fri, May 14, 2010 11:14:05 PM

I could do 165 shipped.

To: stephen carnicom <stephencarnicom@yahoo.com>
Sent: Fri, May 14, 2010 10:31:33 PM

yea for sure. i like the color. nice white. i prefer the bright orange on this one opposed to some of the yellow looking ones. would you do $150 shipped?

Old 05-15-2010, 01:32 PM   #2
Utta
Did you exchange money? Was it really needed for a bad guy thread? Or could it have been an inqury? If all you have is those emails as proof with no money changing hands, you really should have made an inqury...

Old 05-15-2010, 01:39 PM   #3
ShadowAceD
I agree with Tyler. Posting a Bad Guy Thread just for less than ideal business tactics without money actually being exchanged or an animal misrepresented, arriving DOA, not arriving at all or a sour deal in general is just not warranted. An inquiry would have been more than enough.

These threads are here forever. They are not removed and they are not edited. So, if someone ever does a search on this indivual's name on the BOI, this is what will show up now and that is hardly fair.

Please think before you react to such a situation in the future.

Old 05-15-2010, 01:49 PM   #4
foz223
just sayin its shady

Old 05-15-2010, 01:54 PM   #5
ShadowAceD
No one said it was not shady, however, it still did not warrant this thread.

Bad Guy Threads can be damning to people. Some people do searches on names, see that red flag pop up and immediately make the decision not to do business with that person. Sometimes they do not go into the thread to read it. It is unfortunate, but it does happen that way.

While I will agree that what he did was not appropriate, I cannot say that it meant he was working specifically to screw someone over. He just happened to realize the price he was looking for was not the price he could get. This would have been a problem only if you had already given him money. Since you did not, you should have just taken it as a deal that never was, posted an info thread at most and let it go. Instead, there is an unwarranted Bad Guy Thread soiling someone's name.

Did you even tell him you were posting this?

Old 05-15-2010, 02:02 PM   #6
pturley
I would tend to disagree. They had a agreement to purchase at an agreed upon price and "scarnicom" broke their agreement. Technically speaking, it is breach of contract.

IMO: Definately worthy of a BOI thread.

Sincerely,
Paul E. Turley

Old 05-15-2010, 02:04 PM   #7
ShadowAceD
I never said it was not worthy of a BOI thread. An info or inquiry thread is still a BOI thread and still makes the general public aware of dealings in this past with a certain individual. But a situation like this does not make someone a "Bad Guy" outright. It makes them questionable, sure, but that is why you post the informative threads. They make people aware so they can make the decision on if they are good or bad.

Old 05-15-2010, 02:45 PM   #8
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
I never said it was not worthy of a BOI thread. An info or inquiry thread is still a BOI thread and still makes the general public aware of dealings in this past with a certain individual. But a situation like this does not make someone a "Bad Guy" outright. It makes them questionable, sure, but that is why you post the informative threads. They make people aware so they can make the decision on if they are good or bad.

While I didn't like the seller's "Bite and Switch" method, because he could/should have researched prices BEFORE putting the animal up for sale, an Inquiry or Info thread would have served just as well to alert members of the seller's shady selling tactics.

Old 05-15-2010, 02:56 PM   #9
Utta
You mean bait and switch? Deb?

Old 05-15-2010, 03:37 PM   #10
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
No one said it was not shady, however, it still did not warrant this thread.

Bad Guy Threads can be damning to people. Some people do searches on names, see that red flag pop up and immediately make the decision not to do business with that person. Sometimes they do not go into the thread to read it. It is unfortunate, but it does happen that way.
I am reading the whole thread... and with what I have read up to this point.... Im glad the OP posted this. The seller quoted a price and the buyer agreed... then the seller decides to try and get more $$$ from the buyer after the deal has been made.

If what is posted by the OP is true... then the seller deserves to get burnt by the heading.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!