Good Guy Vanessa Lane of Gecko Lair (snowgyre) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:54 PM   #11
Harley13
Who wants to know?

Old 11-18-2014, 03:14 PM   #12
brettw903
Vanessa is awesome in every aspect...Great communication, awesome prices, all around A1 person. Def the kind of person you want to deal with in this industry. Can't say enough good things about her!

Old 01-24-2015, 03:37 PM   #13
Frogman11
You are VERY ignorant to the legality of the borneo earless monitors. Do some research and if you can't find the answers, ask questions. Ignorance is not a good trait to have and reading some of your posts, I can see you are VERY IGNORANT, over baring, over opinionated etc. Do you even know what the word KARMA mean? You will have bad karma headed your way in life if you keep it up. Oh moving forward use spellcheck

Old 01-24-2015, 06:27 PM   #14
snowgyre
The comment above was in reference to Garrett Smith attempting to import and sell Borneo earless monitors from Europe. Every individual of this species was initially poached from its home country, therefore all offspring of captive individuals are technically illegal, regardless of any paperwork European and American governments may have. He had to delete and relist his ad due to concerns voiced from other reptile keepers who were aware of this poaching issue, and his responses to them were about as polite and well-written as the example you see above.

Regardless, it has nothing to do with any business transactions Garrett and I have had. It was a disagreement over ethics, to which I gave him negative karma. Based on his reaction, I would not do business with him anyway. I will let all of you make that decision on your own.

For more information on Borneo earless monitors, please go here: http://news.mongabay.com/2014/0915-h...tor-trade.html

This will be my last post on this matter, as it does not pertain to any specific business transactions Garrett and I have made.

Old 01-24-2015, 08:34 PM   #15
Frogman11
This is in reference to Vanessa Lane accusing me of selling poached animals.

She found an article on illegal exports of Borneo Earless monitors, and now she's an expert on them. I bet I can find an article on just about every species on this site being illegally poached. Does that mean all the animal that are sold on here are illegal? To Vanessa, maybe. She's decided to be the "unofficial" FauanaClassified warden and accuse me of selling these poached animals. Well Mis Lane I don't take kindly to these false claims.

So Vanessa Lane you checked with the country of origin of these animal correct? To make sure that they never gave any animals to zoo's, animal parks, museums etc? correct? Surly you would of done this before accusing someone of selling poached animals. You also must know how many animals left the country of origin before they put sanctions on them? correct?

Its crazy a 33 year old "leopard Gecko breeder" has more knowledgeable on the legality of this species than the Austrian department of agriculture, Austrian CITES office, The USFWS, US CITES, ESA, Lacey Act etc. The fact is you don't

If you read Vanessa Lane other posts, you will see that she is a drama queen and trying to act as the sites Warden. She is not! She's an Ignorant, drama sh*t disturber.

Check the last few post above. She's accusing other people of selling illegal animals.

You wouldn't do business with me because I don't sell leopard geckos. I clearly state on my ads DO NOT POST ON THIS AD e-mail, text, call etc. The 1 other person posted the same article that you posted and became an expert. I spoke with the moderators about this. They don't like when people post on their ads and said to delete it and repost it.

I know of 6 Borneo Earless monitors currently in the US and soon the 4 that I just sold. All are 100% legal with all the correct paperwork. There's probably more, but I don't know everything like you do.

You are a true Delta Bravo

Garrett Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
The comment above was in reference to Garrett Smith attempting to import and sell Borneo earless monitors from Europe. Every individual of this species was initially poached from its home country, therefore all offspring of captive individuals are technically illegal, regardless of any paperwork European and American governments may have. He had to delete and relist his ad due to concerns voiced from other reptile keepers who were aware of this poaching issue, and his responses to them were about as polite and well-written as the example you see above.

Regardless, it has nothing to do with any business transactions Garrett and I have had. It was a disagreement over ethics, to which I gave him negative karma. Based on his reaction, I would not do business with him anyway. I will let all of you make that decision on your own.

For more information on Borneo earless monitors, please go here: http://news.mongabay.com/2014/0915-h...tor-trade.html

This will be my last post on this matter, as it does not pertain to any specific business transactions Garrett and I have made.

Old 10-22-2015, 09:42 PM   #16
snowgyre
Normally I would not continue to post without a business transaction, but additional, important information has come forward regarding Garrett Smith's character and business practices. He has several unfinished business transactions with people (e.g. scams), and is a sentenced wildlife smuggler. He has consistently attacked everyone through fraudulent BOI posts, negative karma, and nasty visitor messages on personal profiles instead of addressing these business issues. I had the unfortunate honor of being the first person he attacked. Needless to say, I now, more than ever, question the legality of his Borneo earless monitors.

Garrett Smith's BOI: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=538607

Proof that Garrett Smith chooses to harass other members rather than fixing his own customer issues: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=552265

Garrett Smith's sentence for smuggling rare tortoises: http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...toises-051209/

His initial indictment (attached as image):
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2015, 08:33 PM   #17
Frogman11
This crazy lady thinks she is the Fauana warden. Check out her several attempts to lash out at people. BEWARE OF VANESSA LANE. an uneducated person attempting to discredit good people.

Old 10-24-2015, 08:21 AM   #18
MeadCountyRats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman11 View Post
This crazy lady thinks she is the Fauana warden. Check out her several attempts to lash out at people. BEWARE OF VANESSA LANE. an uneducated person attempting to discredit good people.
I'm sorry to go off topic here, but how many posts do you have lashing out?

Discredit? The article posted shows proof that you were in the wrong..

I can't tell anyone about Vanessa Lane, as I've not done business with them, but please don't take Frogman's word on them as legit, I've seen Frogman posting on a lot of other BoI threads butthurt over something?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!