For Sale Authentic Native American Longbow/Arrow/Quiver Set - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Member to Member Flea Market

Notices

Member to Member Flea Market This forum is for the sale or trade of anything you want, as long as it is legal and both parties respect the laws regarding buying and selling such items.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:23 AM   #1
Sirengarg
Talking Authentic Native American Longbow/Arrow/Quiver Set

I simply have no place or purpose for these anymore.

The longbow was made by the Ouachita Tribe who are based here in Florida. It has brain tanned deer skin for a firm and comfortable grip. The string is made from deer sinew and is the original sinew from when I purchased it at a pow wow the tribe had put on about 8 years ago. I have only used it for practice or for costuming.

The quiver and arrows are a mix-match set. The quiver and the black feather arrows were purchased in Massachusetts. I believe it was made by a Lakota Tribe. A few feathers and the horse hair is missing, but otherwise in great shape. I added the real white fox tail (also a pow wow purchase), and the small bag was made by me using brain tanned deer hide. I assume the quiver is made from deer hide. Its very tough though. The other stripped feathered arrows were bought at the same time as the bow purchase. The arrowheads are all gone on them however. They need new arrowheads which can be bought cheap at most souvenir shops and pow wows.

I think both items with a little ingenuity and creativity, could make for some cool props for Avatar/Navi costumes. But mostly they are a great display piece. The bow I know is perfectly good for hunting. I never used it as such, but the tribesman I purchased it from takes his out to hunt game. Due to the authentic nature I am seeking $150 for the entire set which is a steal compared to what I paid or trade for a male spider or bumblebee morph ball python, morph bearded dragons or morph corn snakes.

Shipping will have to be found out when I get your zip code as this is a large and hard item to ship. The bow is over 5' tall.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 08-17-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
Sirengarg
BTW, it is NOT stored in my garage. I only had it there during a yard sale. I figured no one would buy it at a yard sale at that price, but it was worth a shot. I keep it stored in my home, climate controlled.
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-25-2011, 02:26 AM   #3
ForkedTung
You still looking to trade this?
PM me if so.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #4
Sirengarg
It was sold recently. Sorry
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!