Bad Guy Kimberly Lucas Gorgeousgecko.com con artist!! - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-26-2010, 06:39 PM   #61
Omnomnami
He might have bought the animal that was represented but he sure as heck didn't receive anything even close to what it was supposed to look like.

Old 08-26-2010, 06:49 PM   #62
Talkenlate04
Quote:
Originally Posted by USARK View Post
I know Kimberly Lucas well. She is a first class breeder, business person and human being. She has impeccable character. The purchaser read her TOS and purchased the gecko. He got the animal represented. Even with all of that the gentlemen decided he was unsatisfied. Kimberly offered compromise and remedy. He declined. Now he wants to slander her name. That is unfortunate; and shameful. She works hard every day to support her family. She should not have to suffer the public drama and unwarranted accusations she now has to deal with here on this forum. Her animals, her reputation for fair dealings and customer service, along with her high level of personal integrity speak volumes about the true Kimberly Lucas. Please cease and desist. Thank you.

Andrew Wyatt
President/ USARK
Replies like this always make me laugh. What you know about her and your experiences and knowledge about her does not change the fact that she has an unhappy customer with a valid complaint imo.

Quote:
Kimberly offered compromise and remedy. He declined. Now he wants to slander her name.
Umm the remedy offered is nowhere near enough to make it right, and I believe just about everyone but her (and you now) can see that. I have always wondered why people think an in store credit to an unhappy customer is the best route to go. Why would someone who was unhappy want to busy something else from you? That is why I think the in store credit is a weak offering as a resolution.

Quote:
She should not have to suffer the public drama
Easily could have been avoided several times over.

Quote:
Please cease and desist.
Why would someone with a valid complaint cease and desist anything? If you were the buyer and felt the way the Op does would you stop perusing a refund? I mean really, get real.

Old 08-26-2010, 06:52 PM   #63
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by USARK View Post
I know Kimberly Lucas well. She is a first class breeder, business person and human being. She has impeccable character. The purchaser read her TOS and purchased the gecko. He got the animal represented. Even with all of that the gentlemen decided he was unsatisfied. Kimberly offered compromise and remedy. He declined. Now he wants to slander her name. That is unfortunate; and shameful. She works hard every day to support her family. She should not have to suffer the public drama and unwarranted accusations she now has to deal with here on this forum. Her animals, her reputation for fair dealings and customer service, along with her high level of personal integrity speak volumes about the true Kimberly Lucas. Please cease and desist. Thank you.

Andrew Wyatt
President/ USARK

Also, Kimberly has been a long time vendor at my shows, and we have never had a complaint about her, or her animals. The OP, came at her with a vengence IMHO. and likewise, she responded as such, after all, the OP called her a liar, among other things.

Randal Berry

Old 08-26-2010, 06:55 PM   #64
jeffwyatt81
Just do the right thing, refung the OP his $450, let him ship the "Moonglow" back on his dime as he requested, qarantine him and resell him if you are confident in his quality.

It saddens me that the bigger name companies have such a hard time dealing with an unhappy customer, throwing out the BS about their crappy TOS with no return animals, no refunds, Haha, total BS. I find it funny that the smaller name breeders as myself would be more than glad to take the animal back and give a full refund to an unhappy customer. You produce hundreds, maybe even in the thousand/s range of geckos a year and make guranteed profit on every sale when us small time breeders are lucky to get enough from sales to put back into our collection as it took to produce what we have produced, but we are more than willing to make right on a deal gone south and offer a refund as necessary to keep a customer happy and maybe keep their business in the future? This alone proves nothing more than you are in this hobby for the money not because you are passionate about animals as many of us here and you will do anything to keep the money you have recieved and could care less about your customers. I for one had many Georgous Gecko cresties as my breeding stock last year prior to getting out of cresties and they were awsome and produced amazing and healthy offspring for me as well, yet this one bad deal will keep me from ever purchasing another gecko from you/your company if I ever decide to get back into cresties.

Just my 0.02

Old 08-26-2010, 07:02 PM   #65
AltitudeExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeousgecko View Post
Hello... I made an offer. $150 credit (more geckos) He was willing to take $150 cash and keep the gecko so I really don't see how $150 of geckos is such an insult. I think he just wants to be a jerk.
I would have been open to further converstaion but it's been over a month and this was how I was contacted. A link to this thread.
I am not trying to be a jerk, i tried to resolve this peacefully, and the only reason i made this post is you told me you saw no reason you needed to communicate with me anymore, so no, i dont think you were open to further conversation.

Old 08-26-2010, 07:12 PM   #66
Keys & Kritterz
@ ALTITUDE EXOTICS- Your not being a jerk you have every right to feel this way, she isn't willing to work with you on this even after numerous people have stated the right thing to do (refund $450 and get the animal back an quarintine it....not give $150 credit) make a happy customer and anyone reading this looking for a crestie might reconsider doing business with her. At this point it would be in her and her business's best interest to make it right.

Old 08-26-2010, 07:58 PM   #67
Koviack
Just another opinion
but I wanted you to know I'd never consider buying from you Kimberly. What if the same thing happened to me...
Your customer is not happy with the purchase. Your response is TOUGH? Never, never, never... And I have very expensive taste.
I'd think hard about that if I was in business selling pets in this economy. Gosh, if you can't consider the human can't you consider the animal?

Old 08-26-2010, 08:12 PM   #68
Talkenlate04
And for the record I have bought from Kimberly before and I was VERY happy with what I got, and the $400 (If I remember right) was well worth it! The female came looking better than I expected and the babies I have produced with her have been outstanding.

But my experience does not detract from this one at all imo. If I had been unsatisfied for any reason I would expect that great customer service I received while spending my money to continue after the fact.

I do understand sellers being protective and sticking to their policies I am a seller myself, but in this instance based on what the Op is saying he is not out to milk you for free anything really. He originally wanted $150 cash and would send the gecko back at his expense
(which by the way is like getting a refund of $100 when all is said and done.) And in the end you still make money and appeased the customer AND get the gecko back, that seems like a win, win, win to me.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:22 PM   #69
ShadowAceD
For those who are putting in their two cents on their experiences with Kim, while I can say "you mean well", it is largely irrelevant.

As I have stated numerous times before ... a hundred great experiences do not negate one poor one.

The animal was misrepresented. There is no conceivable way to not see that, save if you are in denial. While I don't know an incredible amount of information when it comes to this particular animal, I do know enough about colors to determine that it is not what was represented to the buyer. Because of this, a partial credit towards the purchase of another animal is absolutely absurd. First off, what if he does not have the room for another animal? Second off, why in the world would he seek out another animal from the same person who clearly misrepresented what he wanted in the first place?

I largely consider ToS that claim no returns on animals to be ridiculous. That is what quarantine practices are for. All animals should be quarantined, no matter the source they came from. How is his returning the animal any different than you purchasing some off of another breeder? Please, explain this to me.

Kim, if you cannot see that you are in the wrong here, I do not know what to tell you. So he called you a liar, so he called you a con-artist. Get over it. If you want to disprove this BOI thread's title, then do the right thing. You are the one harming your reputation now, not what he stated about you. There are many "Bad Guy" threads that have been disproving by the buyer/seller correcting the situation quickly. You, however, are on page seven now, and it will only continue to grow if you remain to be stubborn in your poor ToS.

Let me ask you a question, though, Kim. If you ordered a group of animals from someone to eventually breed with your colony and they came in as the wrong color that never achieved the advertised appearance when "fired up", what would you do? Just say ... well, darn, I guess it only happens once every blue moon during a lunar eclipse in a month that ends in -ary on the third Thursday so long as the number of the date has a "5" in it? No. You wouldn't, and we all know that. Do not sit here and tell us the animal had the color for you and now, mysteriously, does not ever obtain it for the OP.

Pride has destroyed many people and their businesses. Don't become that statistic.

Do the right thing. Seriously, he is asking for 150.00 back out of 450.00. You really can't take that?

Give me a break.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:31 PM   #70
David Reid
You have an unhappy customer. He is not a customer that had buyer's remorse, he bought a gecko for top dollar based on your pictures, and the fact that they would be representitive of the gecko when he received it. The gecko looks nothing like the one in the pictures you took, where it looked white. In the buyer's pictures, it looks like an olive drab gecko worth about $25. I would subtract shipping both ways, and send him the rest as a refund and get your gecko back. Quarantine it, and resell it if it is as nice as you say it is.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!