Reptile Incubator Difference - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:58 AM   #1
charles85
Reptile Incubator Difference

I've seen the mini fridge kind on Big apple and LLL reptiles, but I want to know if any body has used the one for thinkgeek.com and had success? here is a link and its way cheaper than Big apple and LLL.....tell me what you think. http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/gear/6ad2/

Old 12-14-2010, 12:49 PM   #2
Casey Hulse
I have seen both, I bought a thinkgeek one a few years ago. They are the same thing, only "rebranded" and called an incubator. Made in China to keep "whatever" either warm or cold. The one I have does not keep consistent temps.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:04 PM   #3
charles85
If it don't keep consistent temps what is the temp differences that you know of?

Old 12-14-2010, 01:24 PM   #4
Casey Hulse
It has been a while, but it seems like it varied 5-6 degrees, like 87-92 when set at 89. I put a digital thermometer inside with a memory, and it showed a large variation. It works great for keeping about 6 cans of pop cold. I think they were designed with this in mind, a beer cooler, or it will keep your coffee warm. There is a thread on fauna somewhere if you do a search it should come up. Good luck.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:25 PM   #5
Casey Hulse
Quote:
•Unit dimensions: 12.5” x 13.5” x 17.5”
These are the outside dim.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:25 PM   #6
charles85
Alright.....thanks for that info

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!