Snake Bitten.. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:32 AM   #1
LRata
Snake Bitten..

My ball python was bitten by an African Soft Furred and now refuses to touch them. He ate one just fine, then he took the second and let go of it too quickly and it bit him several times. It was only a sub-adult and there were absolutly NO mark whatsoever on him. I looked him over and over again. I was only going to do frozen but I though breeding of a natural food source would be more economically efficient.. These are first snakes and I admit I made a BIG mistake.. Does anyone think he will eat again if I feed him frozen mice or regular rats instead? Maybe the smell is different? Please help..

Old 01-11-2011, 05:09 PM   #2
ratkingrodents
Your snake will eat. Just give him some time to settle down. My guess is that he will be ready when you go to feed him next week.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:19 PM   #3
Balls Deep Reptiles
I agree with James, leave him alone and try again next week. Some balls may not eat frozen no matter what you do to it. I have a few that will only eat live and one that will only eat mice! If you want to continue with live ASF's I would stun it before offering it to him. Seems a little mean but a quick blow to the head should keep it from biting your snake.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!