SOLD!! Reptile Basics 80 Watt Radiant Heat Panel - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Caging, Supplies & Services For Sale/Wanted

Notices

Old 03-30-2011, 10:51 AM   #1
~Just Curious~
Talking Reptile Basics 80 Watt Radiant Heat Panel

Reptile Basics Inc 80 watt radiant heat panel, it measures 12.5"x22.5"x1.75" and comes with instructions and the two screws it came with for easy installation.
I only used it one time as a "test" so it's practically brand new.

Heat panels are nice because they give off infared heat like the sun that warm up objects more than air, yet the surface still isn't hot enough to burn you or your herp even if you go flat up against it. Here's their FAQ for more info http://www.reptilebasics.com/radiant...panel-faq.html

I wanted to try it out as an alternative to ceramic heat emitters, but upon testing it found that it didn't raise the temp of my enclosure enough. My fault, because it's a 4'x2'x2' enclosure for a terrestrial herp who was just too far away and wouldn't utilize elevated basking spots. Also the overall room temp is real low so that didn't help any. I don't have an enclosure in need of it now which is why I'm selling it.
This would work perfect for an aboreal in a tall viv or a terrestrial in a 18" or less. It's marketed towards enclosures that are 4'x2'x1' and 6'x2'x1'. Elevated basking spots and a room temp of 75 or so helps a lot.

FLAW - Upon testing it for the first time I found that the small red light in front that's supposed to be on when the power's on didn't work. I called them up and they offered to replace it. I didn't feel like paying for shipping on something so trivial so I didn't bother. However if it's important to you then know that it comes with a 10 year warranty and you can get it replaced.

Also it has a detachable male "super cord" so that you don't have to unscrew vents or anything to get the plug through, you just need a 1/4" hole for the cord. I attached it upon installation then unattached it again to remove it and reattached it just so it wouldn't get lost. I don't believe that this effects performance. Since then I've plugged it in outside of the tank and felt it start to heat up again.

I paid $85 for it and with shipping it was $107. I'm asking $50 for it.
I'm going to try for local pick-ups first to spare the hassle of shipping and online money transactions. I'm in Orange County CA so SoCal pickup is preferred. If nobody pops up in the first 2 weeks then I'll consider shipping.

Email skyeflyte@hotmail.com if you have any questions
THANKS FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION!

THIS HEAT PANEL IS NOW SOLD! THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO SHOWED INTEREST!
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 03-30-2011, 02:59 PM   #2
jasbus
I'll pay the shipping on it... Just let me know if you'll ship it.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:47 PM   #3
tat2joeelliott
i"ll second that i"ll pay for shipping in a heart beat

Old 03-30-2011, 11:56 PM   #4
~Just Curious~
Wink You've got dibs on shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasbus View Post
I'll pay the shipping on it... Just let me know if you'll ship it.
If nobody pops up before April 13th then I promise you'll be the first to know.
  Contact User Check User
Old 03-31-2011, 08:20 AM   #5
jasbus
Thanks

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!