FaunaClassifieds
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Chat  |  Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 
 
  Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry. YOUR FULL NAME is required for each message you post.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2011, 07:32 PM   #81
ThunderPaws
Rich,

I know Mike Curtain from other Forums and I believe him to be a very honest and good hearted person. He is definitely a well respected individual around the forums. I don't know why you would call him out like this when he may have some points with his criticism towards your website. I personally have found it hard to post adds here as well now after the change. But I guess that makes me a bad guy too for saying it here for all to read. And the comments you make towards another forum about earning a few extra stripes and medals for his efforts just makes you look very weak and affraid. That makes me personally sick. And for the RECORD THEY changed my screen name over there with no questions nor did they ask me for money to change my name.

Regards,
Bill Rubin
THUNDERPAWS BALL PYTHONS
 
Old 06-24-2011, 07:51 PM   #82
akonitony
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubinwg View Post
Rich,

I know Mike Curtain from other Forums and I believe him to be a very honest and good hearted person. He is definitely a well respected individual around the forums. I don't know why you would call him out like this when he may have some points with his criticism towards your website. I personally have found it hard to post adds here as well now after the change. But I guess that makes me a bad guy too for saying it here for all to read. And the comments you make towards another forum about earning a few extra stripes and medals for his efforts just makes you look very weak and affraid. That makes me personally sick. And for the RECORD THEY changed my screen name over there with no questions nor did they ask me for money to change my name.

Regards,
Bill Rubin
THUNDERPAWS BALL PYTHONS
Did I miss something here? I read and re-read the post and don't see anything made against another website. Oh, and afraid has only one 'f' there MF (stands for My Friend).
 
Old 06-24-2011, 07:59 PM   #83
SpitZu
Quote:
Originally Posted by akonitony View Post
Did I miss something here? I read and re-read the post and don't see anything made against another website. Oh, and afraid has only one 'f' there MF (stands for My Friend).
Why on earth would you call attention to one of the only mistakes in an otherwise well-written paragraph and assume that it was anything other than a typo? And even if it wasn't...grow up a little, eh?
 
Old 06-24-2011, 08:06 PM   #84
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubinwg View Post
Rich,

I know Mike Curtain from other Forums and I believe him to be a very honest and good hearted person. He is definitely a well respected individual around the forums. I don't know why you would call him out like this when he may have some points with his criticism towards your website. I personally have found it hard to post adds here as well now after the change. But I guess that makes me a bad guy too for saying it here for all to read. And the comments you make towards another forum about earning a few extra stripes and medals for his efforts just makes you look very weak and affraid. That makes me personally sick. And for the RECORD THEY changed my screen name over there with no questions nor did they ask me for money to change my name.

Regards,
Bill Rubin
THUNDERPAWS BALL PYTHONS
Sorry, but I can't help that Mike has developed the attitude that he has. But I do not feel inclined to ignore it when he brings it to this site. I felt pretty certain that this thread would expose some of this sort of thing, as it usually does when I become the topic of a thread. Some people can't resist the chance at cheap shots when it presents itself to them.

In case this is still unclear to you, it is no more difficult to post ads on this site now than it was before I made the change concerning replies. Again, I repeat myself, it is ONLY replies to ads by non contributing members that were curtailed.

"Weak" and "afraid"? Of what, if I might ask?

And no, I have not ever asked you for money to change your screen name. But I probably did point out to you that member name changes are a perk for contributing memberships on this site. I DO have to have some things as perks of paid membership, don't you think? Sorry if that policy has confused you and/or disappointed you that I would not make an exception in your case.
 
Old 06-24-2011, 08:07 PM   #85
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
It's not a case of "semantics" at all. Mike's statement was blatantly false, and in my opinion likely designed to impart non factual information to readers here to lead them to believe they could not post ANYTHING in the classifieds any longer. Non contributing members CAN post classified ads just as they have been able to do in the past. It is merely replies to those ads, in an effort to cut down the amount of crap taking place in those sections, that has been curtailed. Mike knows this is the case, but apparently chose his words in such a way to make it appear that ALL posting has been curtailed. I had originally planned to cut out ALL replies, but at the last minute decided to half step and still allow contributing members that ability, to see if that made a substantial improvement in the situation. If it does not, then that option will also be removed.

It is still my opinion that Mike has had a chip on his shoulder about me and this site for quite a while now, and he looks at this as his opportunity to try to inflict some damage with misinformation. I guess he believes he will earn a few extra stripes and medals for his efforts.... I'm surprised the other pseudo troops he is now buds with haven't chimed in as well.

Seriously Mike, do you THINK no one has read what you have posted elsewhere about me and this site?
I meant to say "replies". In no way did I intend to lead anyone else otherwise.

Rich, you are entitled to your opinion. I'm certain that others have read what I have posted here and on that "other" site who's very name is censored from Faunaclassifieds.com, with regards to this site. I would not say elsewhere anything that I would not say here. If that were the case, why would we be having this discussion? Suggesting that I pointed out your snide tone in order to score points on the is laughable, and is simply an attempt to distract the reader from the matter at hand.

Do I think your response warranted a BOI thread? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

Do I think your response is one of an administrator who gives a crap about any of his site's members? See above response.
 
Old 06-24-2011, 08:08 PM   #86
akonitony
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitZu View Post
Why on earth would you call attention to one of the only mistakes in an otherwise well-written paragraph and assume that it was anything other than a typo? And even if it wasn't...grow up a little, eh?
The typo was kind of an afterthought - it caught my eye as I'm pretty sure it caught everyone else's who can write half-way descently. My main point was there is nothing of an attacking nature towards another website in WS's earlier post the quotation I was refering to was interpreting as - oh heck with this, you know what, I'm rubber and you are glue, and whatever you say to me bounces off of me, and sticks to you.
 
Old 06-24-2011, 08:08 PM   #87
MikeCurtin
Ooops. Typed a censored forum.
 
Old 06-24-2011, 08:12 PM   #88
SpitZu
Quote:
Originally Posted by akonitony View Post
The typo was kind of an afterthought - it caught my eye as I'm pretty sure it caught everyone else's who can write half-way descently. My main point was there is nothing of an attacking nature towards another website in WS's earlier post the quotation I was refering to was interpreting as - oh heck with this, you know what, I'm rubber and you are glue, and whatever you say to me bounces off of me, and sticks to you.
Just to prove a point...
 
Old 06-24-2011, 09:12 PM   #89
akonitony
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitZu View Post
Just to prove a point...
It's called "sarcasm". See - you called me immature, well ok, you didn't call me that, but you implied it, so I responded with a marvelous saying kids who were much smarter than myself used to say, back in the day, and how could you get past that?!?!? Anyway, I am actually quite mature. Please, allow me to demonstrate:
Pardon me, but would you happen to have any Grey Poupon?
 
Old 06-24-2011, 09:16 PM   #90
Lucille
This interpersonal chitchat is straying pretty far off topic........
 

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bad Customer Service? maxrr General Business Discussions 11 07-24-2007 08:32 AM
Customer Service Call ladyserpent7 Just For Laughs 0 04-28-2006 02:40 AM
NY WORMS great customer service!! Robert Board of Inquiry® 5 11-03-2005 03:58 PM
Question(s) for the customer service experienced.... chondrokeeper Geckos Discussion Forum 9 05-18-2004 12:17 AM
Wormmans customer service is horrible! herpcondo Board of Inquiry® 68 04-03-2004 01:59 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:26 AM.





since April 17, 2002




TESTING!
Fauna Top Sites


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.10995102 seconds with 10 queries
Content copyrighted ©2002-2014, FaunaClassifieds, LLC