Bad Guy REPTILE CITY - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:24 AM   #1
snakeman17
Thumbs down REPTILE CITY

James Tyler Logan-So i got a savanna monitor yesterday around 2 pm, he was non responsive when i got him out of the box, but he was still alive, i try to feed him, but he wouldnt eat, so i put him in his new tank, where i come home to find him died!! www.reptilecity.com is where i ordered it from, and they said there was nothing they could do about it. They have some really really unbeatable prizes and good comments from other buyers, thats what lead me to order from there. But please let me inform all you guys thats thinking about buyng from there, you have been warrend, i just dont want the same thing to happen to you as it did to me.
Thank you
~Tyler.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:47 AM   #2
angelgirls29
Are you having a necropsy done on him?

Old 07-14-2011, 06:41 AM   #3
FWillis
We never said this; “and they said there was nothing they could do about it”

We never got a chance to even reply to your emails that came in at 1:14am & 5:08am this morning

We will issue you a full refund

Thanks,

Felton Willis

James Tyler Logan-So i got a savanna monitor yesterday around 2 pm, he was non responsive when i got him out of the box, but he was still alive, i try to feed him, but he wouldnt eat, so i put him in his new tank, where i come home to find him died!! www.reptilecity.com is where i ordered it from, and they said there was nothing they could do about it. They have some really really unbeatable prizes and good comments from other buyers, thats what lead me to order from there. But please let me inform all you guys thats thinking about buyng from there, you have been warrend, i just dont want the same thing to happen to you as it did to me.
Thank you
~Tyler.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:37 AM   #4
Matt2979
James, I understand you're upset about your new monitor arriving in bad condition and dying, but you've got to give the seller a chance to make things right before blasting them in a permanent thread on the BOI.

I am wondering why the monitor didn't arrive until 2PM. Did Fed Ex run late? Or was it not scheduled for an Overnight Priority delivery? Just wondering, especially considering how hot it's been lately.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:47 AM   #5
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2979 View Post
James, I understand you're upset about your new monitor arriving in bad condition and dying, but you've got to give the seller a chance to make things right before blasting them in a permanent thread on the BOI.

I am wondering why the monitor didn't arrive until 2PM. Did Fed Ex run late? Or was it not scheduled for an Overnight Priority delivery? Just wondering, especially considering how hot it's been lately.
I have to agree with the above. Also a question that comes to mind is what did you try to feed, and why? Putting food in with a non-responsive animal, especially if it was live food is not good!

Old 07-14-2011, 11:25 AM   #6
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by FWillis View Post
We never said this; “and they said there was nothing they could do about it”

We never got a chance to even reply to your emails that came in at 1:14am & 5:08am this morning

We will issue you a full refund

Thanks,

Felton Willis

Thank you
~Tyler.
If it's true that you just now got a chance to respond, I hope you ask for proof of death before issuing refund! Again if true, OP, Why would you post this and not give Felton a chance to rectify it? Did you think they were a 24/7 business?

Old 07-14-2011, 11:53 AM   #7
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2979 View Post
Just my two cent's on this, when I was shipping snakes to remote areas of TN and KY, FedEx said they can arrive late, somewhere around 2pm I think. Not sure if he is in a "remote" area, but I will try to find that info.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:57 AM   #8
Focal
I don't know if it applied in this case, but for informational purposes:

FedEx Priority Overnight®: next-business-day morning

Service Details
Delivery Times Next-business-day delivery by 10:30 a.m. to most U.S. addresses; by noon, 4:30 p.m. or 5 p.m. in remote areas; by noon, 1:30 p.m. or 4:30 p.m. on Saturdays. Check transit times.

http://www.fedex.com/us/service-guid...roup=toggle-c2

Old 07-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #9
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal X View Post
Just my two cent's on this, when I was shipping snakes to remote areas of TN and KY, FedEx said they can arrive late, somewhere around 2pm I think. Not sure if he is in a "remote" area, but I will try to find that info.
As of the census[2] of 2000, there were 358 people, 141 households, and 102 families residing in the city.

Looks to be out of the way.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:50 PM   #10
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal X View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
As of the census[2] of 2000, there were 358 people, 141 households, and 102 families residing in the city.

Looks to be out of the way.
Ah...I wasn't even thinking of that. Still had a bad experience stuck in my head when someone saved (literally) like $3 to ship to me by 3PM the next day, instead of 1030 (also in the Summer!). Nevertheless, it sounds like the seller is taking care of this problem. Hope to hear an update soon!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!