Brian Smith-Inquiry - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 12:03 PM   #1
GinoInDaBronx
Brian Smith-Inquiry

Anyone who reads the Burmese, Retic, Python
and Crocodilian forums on KS will be very familiar
with this guy. He gives tons of seemingly good
advice. He also makes numerous preposterous
claims. He purports to be a massive breeder,
with huge amounts of sales. Yet, he has no
website, wont say which state he is in, can
provide no references and even admits to
using a false name.

Can anyone vouch for this guy?

Sincerely,

Gino 'In Da Bronx' Beniquez

Old 12-23-2003, 12:41 PM   #2
BWSmith
Just to be clear, this guyis not me

Old 12-23-2003, 02:28 PM   #3
Thomas Jones
His real name is Damon. He lives in Cali. He was using a false name to protect himself. The whole story is on the forums at KS.

I have sent him several e-mails and he has helped me out alot. Most of his stock is from Bob Clark. He helped me pick out a tiger from Bob Clark. He sent pics of one he had gotten and Bob picked put out one closest to it for me. I plan on ordering from him this coming up year. I hope this helps.

Old 12-24-2003, 03:57 AM   #4
Mark and Aimee
Quote:
He was using a false name to protect himself.
What the HECK does he have to protect himself from? Why is he hiding behind a fake name?

If he has really purchased all these high end Burm and Retic morphs from Bob Clark, I'm 100% positive Bob would know who he is. But still....

The admins at the Bob Clark forums will not talk about him, Kingsnake deletes ANY post questioning his true identity, and you can NEVER get a straight answer out of the guy as to WHY he has to lie about who he is.

He also claims to have some "secret" about the big breeders in the industry, and when he comes out with his secret, everyone's going to lose their minds (or something to that effect).

As far as I'm concerned, he's a big head somewhere in California that claims to have a lot more experience than he really does... And as long as he keeps up with his constant lying, he'll never amount to anything in this industry.

Old 12-24-2003, 03:59 AM   #5
Mark and Aimee
Quote:
The whole story is on the forums at KS.
If this is the case, would you please provide a link to the "whole story" that has not been deleted by moderators?

Old 12-24-2003, 10:43 AM   #6
Thomas Jones
I am not sure why the story has been deleted. Damon has always been nice to me and helped me out. Bob Clark knows him cause when i ordered from Bob he knew exactly who i was talking about. My e-mail is aligatorhunter@earthlink.net . I do not own alligators nor do i hunt them. Does that make me a bad guy. No it does not.
There is alot of shady stuff going on with different big breeders. At the local show in Raleigh NC you can here them talking Junk about each other. Alot of this stuff may or may not come out.

I think what you should judge Damon on is his knowledge of herps and his willingness to help others out. When he has babies for sale and they are advertised look at his animals. If they are anywhere close to his adults then they will be hands down the best looking animals out there.
Do not judge him for using a different name or not saying where he is located. I would not want everyone to know where i was located if i had a load of money in snakes at my location. You are looking for trouble.

The big breeders are scared of competition and will do anything to keep it to a minimum. They should be looking to create something new. I belive in honesty and there are some big breeders out there who are NOT honest at all.

Old 12-24-2003, 08:31 PM   #7
Mark and Aimee
Quote:
When he has babies for sale and they are advertised look at his animals.
How will we know it is him, if he won't tell anyone who he is??

So... the same questions remain unanswered.

What do he need to protect himself from? What has he done that is SO bad?

Old 12-24-2003, 08:33 PM   #8
Mark and Aimee
Quote:
What do he need to protect himself from?
Someone must have moved the keys around on my keyboard. I meant...

"What does he need to protect himself from?"

Old 12-24-2003, 09:10 PM   #9
BWSmith
Welcome to Witness Relocation Program Herpers

Old 12-24-2003, 10:23 PM   #10
Thomas Jones
There must be something going on. Damon is tight lipped about it. But other breeders are also having there share of problems with different BIG breeders and have openly e-mailed me about it.
I like to know who is a good one to do businees with and who is not.
I am not sure why it got deleted off KS. So there must be something going on that certain people do not want to get out.

What is the big deal if he used a different name or not. He has stated his name is Damon and lives in Cali. He has posted numerous pics of his animals and are hands down some of the best out there. So he fessed up admitted he used a different name he had his reasons. I guess people where trying to ruin his reputation in order to hurt his sales. But that s just a guess. I have only e-mailed him never met him or seen him in person. I live on the opposite coast he does. I am just going by the way he treated me in the e-mails. He sent pics of his cages and answered the snake questions i had.

If you were in a situation to where you could possibly compete with the big name burm and retic breeders then you might see where he is coming from. I am not so i have nothing to worry about. You can feel free to e-mail me and give me your number and i will call and talk about this or anything else.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread