Help with respiratory infection - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-15-2004, 08:35 PM   #1
SmokyMtnReptiles
Unhappy Help with respiratory infection

I have read a couple different things to help cure this but would really like to know first hand what works ?

I have a couple of large burmese pythons 10' that someone just gave me and both have "snot" coming out of thier noses

Ive heard of people using a Nebulizer with Amikacin & Mucomyst

also Amikacin & Fortaz in the injection form

I called the local vet and he uses "baytril" in injection form
and I wanted to know if that would work before I wasted my money

I just want to do it right the first time

Thank You In Advance For Your Help...

Old 01-15-2004, 10:55 PM   #2
wyblep
Respitory Infection

Hello Kevin yes Baytril does work and is the drug of choice for RI`s I just had a ball come down with a RI in shipping my vet gave me baytril and I had to give him a injection for one a day for 14 days and it cleared it up great the only thing is that burmess are prone to RI`s a very common problem with them and useally when they get one it has a habit of comeing back when it is time to coll them down a little for breeding but anyway you should get them to the vet ASAP because this can be fatal its just like a human getting phenmonia excuse y spelling its late and I am tired well I hope this helps take care Paul

Old 01-15-2004, 11:08 PM   #3
SmokyMtnReptiles
tyvm !

just wanted to hear it from someone else before went that direction...again thank you !

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!