Bobby Pruett, Arboreals Etc (Bad Guy) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-12-2004, 07:50 PM   #1
corallusguy
Bobby Pruett, Arboreals Etc (Bad Guy)

First my name is Philip Sallee:

This post is concerning Bobby Pruett (Arboreals etc, www.arborealsetc.com) and what has gone wrong and his failure to proceed in returning a 2003 albino female corn snake that I traded for a pair of Solomon isle boas that died.

On December 6th, 2003 at the Kentucky Reptile expo (www.kentuckyreptileexpo.com), I was a vendor selling 2003 baby corn snakes I had produced. At the end of the day I came to Bobby Pruett and incurred on his pair of Solomen isle boas which he had priced at $20.00. I asked him how they were feeding and he responded they were picky eaters on 'pinkey parts', but they would take one with about 15 minuets of work. He also warned me that they needed work and it did take work to get them to eat, but he said nothing about them being in a condition of which they could die. The snakes looked in poor condition, but I thought I could bring these back easily since Bobby said they were feeding due to my past experience with nursing snakes back that eat. I took his word and offered him the trade in which he readily accepted, and we parted for the day. After taking the solomens home I put each one in its own 6 inch deli cup and kept close records. After two days I offered a pinkey mouse cut into pieces and offered with a tooth pick in which he recommended. After much labor none of the snakes showed any interest what so ever in the meal, I attempted 4-5 more times before they died. On December 11th 2003 they both died, I contacted Bobby and he was willing to refund my albino corn snake at the next Kentucky Reptile Expo. Proceeding the next expo Bobby failed to show up, I contacted him and he stated he simply could not make it and would be at the next one. Preceding that show he did not show up and I contacted him and he stated he could not drive for unknown reasons. On February 10th I requested that Bobby would refund the snake by a dolor amount of $40.00 either by check in the mail or by Pay Pal. He merely laughed and from his sarcasm he showed he had no interest what so ever in refunding me in any way. I counted to contact him, but every time he would go into a cussing rage and would give me no answer.

What I want from Bobby is $40.00 to refund the corn snake, the corn snake to be shipped to me, or his signed guarantee that he will be at the next Kentucky Reptile Expo with my snake. I have given Bobby more time then any one would need, nearly two months. I would ask publicly you would hold him to this and be witnesses to this. Till he refunds me, I would ask you would do no business with him.

Below I have enclosed photos of the snakes before they died, as you can tell there was more I over looked. I also still have them preserved and I can provide them to be used in any manner that might help this. Thank you very much for your time, and support.
Philip Sallee

This here is the latest messages from me and Bobby…
why wait till the 15th? lol take it to the BOI lolol

-------------------------------------
Original message by corallusguy, February 12th, 2004 09:16 AM
I hate to do this Bobby.... But if you can not resove this issue by the 15 of Febuary I will have no other option other then to post this entire thing on BOI till you can resove this issue.
Sorry, but 3 months is to long,
Take care,
Philip
To: corallusguy
CC:
Date: February 12th, 2004 05:46 PM

then stop talking to me

Original message by corallusguy, February 12th, 2004 08:55 AM
The "other people" also include Gary and Jason.
Can you just answer this one thing?
Are you going to fefund the snake?
Thats all I want to know, im busy and dont have time for allot of small talk.
CC:
Date: February 11th, 2004 08:57 PM

because seamus and a few others have a problem running there mouths you now think you were taken. I didnt have a problem with you until you thought you should talk to everyone else before you talked to me. Again, you seem to think posting my name on the BOI will "presure" me into doing something you want??? LOL

Original message by corallusguy, February 11th, 2004 05:51 PM
I did not post on BOI, Seamus might have but I did not recently, 3 months ago Seamus started somthing and I just replyed with what was going on. I have taken nothing to BOI.
Listen, the snakes had somthing wrong with them, I still got them in the freazer if you would like to pay for a autosopy. I did not kill them, they did not accept any food I offered them. I took your word for the fact they were eating, and I can bring nearly any thing back if it is eating.
Please Bobby,
I am no jerk, but I felt like I was taken of advatage on this deal and you agreeed to return the corn.
Are you still willing to make it right?

CC:
Date: February 11th, 2004 05:44 PM

you do have alot of nerve! For you and your little buddy Seamus to post on the BOI is complete bull<font color=red>[bleep]</font>. I went there and read how you posted that you were going to threaten me with taking it to the BOI LOL. First off for you to think I give a <font color=red>[bleep]</font> what the BOI has to say is a joke. Second, for you to do things this way is <font color=red>[bleep]</font>ed up. YOU came to me. YOU made the deal. YOU looked at the snakes. YOU killed the snakes. YOU start posting bull<font color=red>[bleep]</font> because YOU <font color=red>[bleep]</font>ed up. You really think I give a <font color=red>[bleep]</font> about a cornsnake? I only took it as trade because thats all you had. The boas were forsale for $10ea on my table and I never hid the fact the were pinkie PARTS feeders. I even stressed the fact about the feeding habbits and YOU said you were up to it. After reading this you tell me what YOU deserve...

Original message by corallusguy, February 10th, 2004 09:02 PM
Hey Bobby,
I dont know if you got my last PM or not, Gary told me it was down last night, so this is just incase you dident get it.

About the corn, would you just be willing to give me $40.00 over pay pal and we forgot all of it? Then you can take your time and sell it for how ever much you want, I would reather have the snake, but I could use the money right now,
Let me know what you want to work out,
Thanks allot,
Philip

Old 02-12-2004, 07:55 PM   #2
corallusguy
I am having computer problems and will post pictures at a later time.
Thank you.

Old 02-12-2004, 08:02 PM   #3
The BoidSmith
Well I read through it.

Quote:
After reading this you tell me what YOU deserve...
I have the funny feeling this is going to be a long one. In my opinion you deserve a full refund. Not because of their eating habits (you were made aware of it), but because of the fact the snakes were emaciated and were also showing skin problems.

Regards.

Old 02-12-2004, 08:04 PM   #4
Seamus Haley
Philip, the photos are still up on the other thread surrounding this issue,

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...threadid=30079

Has the ones you originally took the day you got the snakes, showing the condition that they were in when you got them.

The snakes are very clearly beyond redemption in the photos IF someone has worked with the species before and knows what a healthy one looks like. While some might suggest that Phil should have known better than to make the trade, he looked at Pruett as being an established and respected dealer and trusted the man when he was told that the animals were healthy and would do well in his care.

Philip IS experienced, but Candoia can be a tricky species even for someone with many years working with boids under their belt. In this situation Pruett knew the animals were guaranteed dead and decided to unload something he couldn't sell for something he could. He ripped someone off blatantly and has since jerked Phil around and failed to fufill his promises.

Pruett has a history of shady dealings and poor decisions, this just cements the issue beyond any doubt.

Old 02-12-2004, 08:10 PM   #5
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Not because of their eating habits (you were made aware of it)
Having owned and bred a number of snakes from this genus, including a few paulsoni, it is my opinion that those snakes were not feeding, period. Based on the size of the animal's head and the girth of the body, I would bet that they had never taken a meal (of any sort, including pinky parts) in their life.

However the feeding was presented, Bobby contends that they were eating and healthy at the time of sale- this is fraudulent and misrepresentative of the product.

When it comes right down to it... Philips age is something of an issue, he's very intelligent but there are things which come with age, such as a bit of cynicism and the ability to question someone's word. If Bobby had completed this trade with an adult, it might be a different story but he ripped off a kid with his trash animals.

Old 02-12-2004, 08:13 PM   #6
Wilomn
Phillip, good job on maintaining your calm. pruett is a real piece of work. I would not want anything back from him just in case he and his buddy timmy do have some nasty virus running through their stuff and we don't know about it. Stick to it and either get your refund or write it off as a lesson well learned.

No bobby, I'm not saying you do have anything bad in your snakes. I'm just saying that you lied to a kid to make a 20.00 sale and sold/traded him snakes you KNEW were going to die. Maybe they had some debilitating illness, maybe it was just stress or bad luck. You're some piece of work big guy.

Give the kid his money.

Wes Pollock

Old 02-12-2004, 08:24 PM   #7
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Having owned and bred a number of snakes from this genus, including a few paulsoni, it is my opinion that those snakes were not feeding, period. Based on the size of the animal's head and the girth of the body, I would bet that they had never taken a meal (of any sort, including pinky parts) in their life.
Seamus,

You might be right.

Quote:
However the feeding was presented, Bobby contends that they were eating and healthy at the time of sale- this is fraudulent and misrepresentative of the product.
What is a fact is that the snakes had very apparent skin lessions indicative of a possible septicemia.

Old 02-12-2004, 08:30 PM   #8
ldydrgn
Before anyone decides to ask Philip how his snakes are cared for (and therefore begins to blame him for the death of the 2 boas) I have been to his house. I have seen his animals, their setups and how well he cares for them.

Yes, Philip is young, but he is not 'just another kid with a snake'. He has an impressive collection and he takes very good care of every one of his animals.

Good luck, Philip, I hope you get this resolved satisfactorily

Old 02-12-2004, 08:39 PM   #9
DThomas
What is also apparant is that Bobby took advantage of a 15 year old KID for a $20 sale.

You feel like a big man now Bobby?

Old 02-12-2004, 11:31 PM   #10
Ken Foose
Well, I see that Bobby has not changed. Poor quality animals, deceptive sale practices, along with, of course not knowing how to ship anything alive. Of course the BOI means nothing to him. Why should it? He's a crook, a poor businessman, and just plain rude. Why does swearing have to be part of his business mind set? Rude, poor herpetologist, poor businessman, and just an unproffesional fool. Did I miss anything? Sorry, but he just grates me the wrong way. Bobby is everything that is bad about this business, and is a detriment to all of us that try to be honest, socially acceptable, and actually care about our animals and the people we call customers. A real shame.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!