Info Watch out I got screwed BY Corsi Morphs - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
python princess
Watch out I got screwed BY Corsi Morphs

So I won an auction on the Facebook Reptiles Auction page and I paid for the snake in full that night. It was Thursday Aug 2nd no shipping over the weekend, ok no problem. Come Monday it was way to hot to ship for that week it was in the 100's. I am new to the Ball Python world and had no clue that what I had won a Desert Yellowbelly Female would not produce healthy eggs and he didnt tell me anything either, even though we talked on the phone for nearly an hour!! So during our phone conversation he told me to contact him the following week to set up delivery well he wont return my calls and prior to me calling I found out the info on the Desert Females and I want my money back! He is not returning my calls my emails nothing! This is Corsi Morphs Reptiles. This is so not ok!! I don't have the snake he does because he never shipped it but he has my money!!!! If you see this ANGELO REFUND ME MY MONEY!!!!!

Old 08-15-2012, 03:19 PM   #2
RichsBallPythons
On the phone, did you discuss to Him that you bought her/ bid on her for the reason of breeding her.

That right there if you did, should of been enough for him to stand up and say, This should not be bred but kept for pet purpose. Even more so posted about the desert problems within his auction!

Old 08-15-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
python princess
yes I told him about the different males that I had to choose from my Fire, Butter, Mojave, Enchi, Cinnamon and I said that I couldnt decide but it would be a while for her to grow up and I had time to figure it out.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:26 PM   #4
Get Sum
Jodie-

I read your post in the classifieds. Did you ask Angelo if Desert Females produced viable eggs? I believe you purchased this snake on a Facebook auction, right? Were there rules posted? Did you read them?

To be honest, I would pay $310 (The price you posted in which you paid) for a Desert Yellow Belly Female and keep her as a pet. IMHO that is an outstanding price!

What has Angelo done that is wrong?

Not all people that purchase snakes, do so for the sole purpose to breed them! I have (4) dogs, do I ever plan on breeding them ....No!

This should not be a negative BOI post!

Old 08-15-2012, 03:31 PM   #5
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Sum View Post
Jodie-

I read your post in the classifieds. Did you ask Angelo if Desert Females produced viable eggs? I believe you purchased this snake on a Facebook auction, right? Were there rules posted? Did you read them?

To be honest, I would pay $310 (The price you posted in which you paid) for a Desert Yellow Belly Female and keep her as a pet. IMHO that is an outstanding price!

What has Angelo done that is wrong?

Not all people that purchase snakes, do so for the sole purpose to breed them! I have (4) dogs, do I ever plan on breeding them ....No!

This should not be a negative BOI post!
No not everyone breeds, but she told him on the phone thats why she participated in the bidding. Its no different than someone withholding that anything with spider gene wobbles slightly or is a train wreck. Most wont breed spiders with massive wobbling, therefore they dont buy them.

This desert was sold, without disclosure that they dont produce viable clutches, and end up dieing more so than anything. Thats enough to disclose to ALL buyers, as you can see not everyone is aware of their problems

Old 08-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #6
VinnyButch
Did you speak to the seller before or after you won the auction?

If you hadn't bid yet, and told him you intended to breed her, I think ethically he should have told you about the viable egg problems. If you'd already won the auction, the onus is on you to have done your due diligence before you bought an animal.

While it would have been nice of him to let you off the hook for not knowing what you were buying, he certainly has no obligation to do so. All things considered, $310 isn't a bad price for the education you just got about tossing cash at things you are uninformed about.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #7
hoppingherps
On one hand $310 for a pet Desert yellowbelly female is a good price seeing as they ran in the upper 100's to a 1000 for just a normal Desert. Now on the other hand when you divulged that you were lining up this male or that male he should have atleast mentioned something.
Now in the original Auction was there anything that mentioned the Desert female as being a "good potential breeder" or any other wording of the such. If not then honestly the auction was legite and he technically did nothing wrong other then the phone conversation which definitely puts him in the don't do business with category.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #8
python princess
honestly I dont remember the words that described her in detail. she is under 400g a black back desert yellowbelly and that is pretty much all that I remember from the auction it was 13 days ago.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #9
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by python princess View Post
honestly I dont remember the words that described her in detail. she is under 400g a black back desert yellowbelly and that is pretty much all that I remember from the auction it was 13 days ago.
Should still be listed , go find it and make a screen shot of it

Old 08-15-2012, 03:52 PM   #10
bondoron
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
On the phone, did you discuss to Him that you bought her/ bid on her for the reason of breeding her.

That right there if you did, should of been enough for him to stand up and say, This should not be bred but kept for pet purpose. Even more so posted about the desert problems within his auction!
So everyone should post all problems with the genes they are selling? I think that could take us all on a slippery slope.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!