For Sale Chinese Water Dragon and homemade cage (local pick-up only) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Agamids

Notices

Old 01-19-2014, 10:26 PM   #1
klogue1
Chinese Water Dragon and homemade cage (local pick-up only)

Hello all, I have to find a new home for my juvenile Chinese Water Dragon, unfortunately. It will be sold as unsexed, as it is still fairly small/young to be able to tell, but for it's total length (16-17 inches) it appears like it may be female; small crest, small spikes, small femoral pores, etc. "Mr. Wizard", as it is dearly called, is about 1.5 years old.

I'm selling the dragon with or without the cage. Without the cage I'm asking $20. With the cage, I'm asking $150. Local pick-up only in Jacksonville, Illinois; I have never shipped a reptile before, and the cage is probably a fortune to ship! It's very heavy.

The cage is 6ft x 2ft x 5ft (LxWxH), and made of 3/4" plywood, with 2x4's as a bottom frame. It's not aesthetically pleasing by any means, which is reflected in the price. It originally cost me about ~$400 to build.
The cage has sliding glass doors, but one door broke recently while trying to clean, and would need replaced (just a sheet of glass from Ace Hardware would work, I can give the dimensions needed for them to fit in the tracks). The glass pieces I bought were $24 each when I first built it. He does jump out of the cage now that there is an opening, but he usually just ends up on the curtains (he is kept in a guest room that the door is always shut to, with very minimal furnishing, so he is in no harm getting out, but it may be a different story for the next owner).
The cage is also furnished with a reptisun 5.0, 4-foot tube light, basking lamp, multiple climbing "vines" made of rope, a large water pan (a cat litter pan actually), a smaller litter pan I feed him in, and a pothos plant.
"Mr. Wizard" feeds mostly on super worms, but occasionally takes crickets and dubia. He's gotten fairly lazy about catching crickets after I introduced him to supers!

Alright, I could keep going listing random facts about "Mr. Wizard" and his setup, but that would be quite a long post to read. So, if you have any questions or interests in "Mr. Wizard", please call or text me at 217-883-8958 and I will speak with you if I'm available. Please leave a message if I do not answer, and I will respond ASAP. Local Pick-Up Only in Jacksonville, Illinois.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!