Bad Guy Ember gecko.... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-30-2015, 01:45 AM   #1
nlcoe
Ember gecko....

OK so about 3 months ago I bought ember glows and a sunglow from embergecko I have since tried to make contact with James but have received little contact back. The animals I got didn't look like the pics he had of them and the sunglow came to me skinny and laying eggs the embers are a little leaner then I would like but not danger zone. But since she came that way I put them all in quarantine separately. The ember glow female began to lay eggs as well as the sunglow female. On a weird thing I have where all eggs are incubated until shown to be dead I threw them in the incubator in there own tubs to my surprise I got a baby out of the ember glow box. She has never been with the male. Well I emailed james not mentioning that the female had not been with the male and asked him how to tell it is was a ember glow he got back to me on that, and just told me it was a reverse stripe ember glow. So I am at a loss. I spent a lot of money on these geckos a lot. And one of them is dieing.... I mean its bad enough that embers and sunglows don't match what he sells.

Old 05-30-2015, 09:51 PM   #2
kouneli
Are the pictures supposed to be of the same gecko? (first being what you received, second picture being his?) Is it me or do the spots on the head not match? Then there's that random light spot on the back of the one you received. This does not look like the same gecko at all....putting aside the fact that the one you received is definitely underweight compared to the one you were expecting.

Post screenshots of all the emails/communication if you could. Does he know about this thread? What about pictures of the other gecko(s) you received? Do you have pictures of what the geckos looked like directly after unboxing them? What have his responses been?

Old 05-30-2015, 10:32 PM   #3
nlcoe
I will get the emails asap my laptop just died so everything is done on my phone

Old 05-30-2015, 11:20 PM   #4
nickolasanastasiou
Please take a photo from the animal's right side and one from the top. My impression is the same as Monica's/Bunny's regarding them not being the same geckos, but I need a little more information before I can feel comfortable stating so definitively.

That animal looks underfed and possibly overbred. If there are not intestinal hitchhikers involved, it can bounce back quickly with plenty of protein and minerals, but it should not have come to you like that.

Old 05-31-2015, 01:41 AM   #5
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by kouneli View Post
This does not look like the same gecko at all.
OP still needs to clarify whether, or not, those two photos are supposed to be of the same gecko.
However, I agree, those two look to be (or are) two different geckos.

Old 05-31-2015, 01:42 AM   #6
nlcoe
They are supposed to be the sunglow

Old 05-31-2015, 01:55 AM   #7
Pasodama
It sure doesn't look like the same gecko but, there again, Leo markings can do a drastic change over time (especially on head).
How old is this gecko? In both pictures?

Old 05-31-2015, 06:11 AM   #8
mikew1234
Those are undoubtedly two different animals. Feet, dorsal pattern, tail are all different. As for the "dying" one, did you take it to a vet? Were the animals bought as virgins? Also, did you receive the animal like that, or is that how it is now, 3 months after the transaction? I'm not defending the breeder. Just want to be sure we're seeing all the facts at what they are. Timeline of events, current weights etc would also be helpful. Also, if you haven't, I'd recommend a vet visit. If it is parasites, you might not find out otherwise.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:48 AM   #9
ShawneeAlice
Wow...I'm surprised to see this. I'd also like to see all the communication you had with Embergecko, and has anyone told them about this thread? I'd be happy to email them. I received my Xtreme Albino super giant male a couple weeks ago and he came fat, healthy, and as described. (His description said he has a regen tail, and he does) He's also my friendliest gecko. The gecko you received does not look like the gecko in the pic at all.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:44 AM   #10
Kristi23
Unfortunately, I'm not real surprised by this. There has been quite a bit of negative feedback about Ember over the past year or two. I am upset by that picture though. Has that gecko been to the vet? Any fecals done? It just looks so unhealthy. I'm hoping that it's just underfed and thin from breeding, but you definitely need to find out the cause. I'm really sorry that you're going through this. You pay for healthy animals from someone who has a good rep and then this happens. It's a shock. I wish you the best with that gecko and I hope she improves.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!