Bad Guy Mike Matson of Mike's Phat Frog is a scammer !! - Page 33 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-15-2015, 02:47 PM   #321
juliasara
If you sold all those frogs be a man and pay the debt you agreed to. Your just making yourself look psycho!

Old 07-15-2015, 02:49 PM   #322
hhmoore
Warning: Mr Matson - your previous ban may have lifted; but your account still bears the marks of your past behavior (in the form of inaction points). That means that you are on the brink of another extended ban. You might want to consider that before making any more abusive remarks (think: most of the names you've been calling people)...you should probably consider that rule regarding threats covers veiled threats, as well. You've gotten away with a lot in this thread; but you're likely to find out the hard way that your luck has run out.

Old 07-15-2015, 02:51 PM   #323
hhmoore
I hate using a tablet sometimes - seems I frequently don't catch its corrections until after I submit the post. It's easy enough to figure them out in this case, though.

Old 07-15-2015, 02:59 PM   #324
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsexotics View Post
Listen here rick. You bring my daughter into this again and we will get personal. You really do not want to piss off a person that you don't know.

Your a 5 6" little troll. I know what you look like and we will have our day in person and we will see how much of a man you are then.
Had I read a few more posts, I could have spared the effort effort of posting that warning...you pushed your luck too far, Mr Matson. Threats are simply not tolerated here.

Old 07-15-2015, 03:05 PM   #325
EdwardK
Quote:
Originally Posted by 312Herps View Post
They were all healthy with photo proof !!
A simple point of fact, the photos do not prove or disprove that the animals were in fact healthy or free of parasites. It only confirms that the animals appeared to be healthy and were alive when shipped. It cannot be assumed that they were in fact free of parasites. This is a claim that cannot be supported or denied by either party when pictures are the only source of proof. The only animals you can be 100% sure don't have parasites are those that are necropsied and have histopathology as proof.

A second point of fact, the back and forth over quaratine and vet certificate needs some points of clarification as well. Most of the common pathogens of frogs are microbes that are commonly found in the environment and the bodies of the frogs as well as virtually all other pet amphibians and even fish and reptiles. Consequently these are typically referred to as "opportunistic" and can cause disease whenever the animal is stressed which could as an example be due to changes in husbandry regime, temperature exposure, breeding, shipping and other factors. Additionally there are more than 20 different bacteria that have been attributed to cause "red leg". "Red leg" in and of itself is nothing more than a symptom as it is also occurs with infection by some viruses....
As a result, a quarantine does not guarantee that an animal is in fact healthy, nor does conducting fecals guarantee that an animal is in fact free of parasites, it only demonstrates that no parasites were detected at that time. As a result there is a greater chance to catch a pathogen or parasite before it can infect the collection provided that parasite or pathogen isn't already active in the collection.

The only tests you can utilize with a good chance of clearing an animal or animals are PCR tests for specific organisms like chytrid or ranaviruses.
So the claims that new enclosure are required etc are really without merit when the bigger picture is considered.

Now those points does not excuse Mike from upholding his end of the deal and it certainly does not excuse this many pages of back and forth between the two parties. Neither side is acting like a person who I would consider reputable enough to purchase from or to whom I would sell animals as a result of this thread.

Ed
Ed Kowalski

Old 07-15-2015, 03:07 PM   #326
EdwardK
Quote:
As a result there is a greater chance to catch a pathogen or parasite before it can infect the collection provided that parasite or pathogen isn't already active in the collection.
Should have read as As a result with quarantine there is a greater chance to catch a pathogen or parasite......

Ed
Ed Kowalski

Old 07-15-2015, 03:15 PM   #327
juliasara
He said he already got rid of the enclosures, it's been a fee months, so I don't find that hard to believe. I never said he needed new enclosures because of disease, I said it because he no longer has them. I also agree I really don't think I would feel comfortable doing business with either party but I still firmly believe that no matter what Mike still owes rick the $2250 he agreed to pay him.

Old 07-15-2015, 03:54 PM   #328
4FineFrogs
I just know from personal experience I will never again do business of any kind with Mike Matson and associates, for exactly those reasons why he was banned (yet again).

Old 07-15-2015, 04:40 PM   #329
Black Adder
Its about time this farce was ended, nice job Mods!
The only thing this whole thread has done is to ensure that virtually NOBODY will ever do ANY business with Mike or Rick again.
That on its own is a small mercy!

Old 07-15-2015, 05:00 PM   #330
4FineFrogs
*Just to be clear, when I said "and associates" I was referring to associates of Mike; I was not referring to Rick (I don't have Geks).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
mike matson, pacman, pacman frogs