Warning about Reptile City - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-27-2004, 05:09 PM   #1
lyndz915
Warning about Reptile City

Please be forewarned that Reptile City, www.reptilecity.com in Florida has
been breeding deformed reptiles and selling them to the trusting consumers, such as us. We recently ordered a Giant Marine Toad for my daughter for a Christmas present this year. When we got it I was horrified at what I saw. The toad's right legs were missing. We called and talked to the owner "Felton" who said he would send out another toad. We still own deformed cane toad. Felton promised to credit our charge and send us a "completely healthy toad" we got a dead, blood covered toad that we just recieved today It was supposed to be shipped today and we would recieve it tomorrow. After we contacted the owner he had no sympathy whatsoever as to credit us for our pain and suffering and everything we had been through. All this for a childs Christmas present. So please do not purchase any animals in the future from this company. We are shocked and horrified at the conditions, and suffering which these animals have endured. We appreciate anyones support in this ugly matter and whatever help you can offer these animals and can further help this cause we would greatly appreciate it. Please help us stop this and help these animals, especially now at Christmas.

P.S. If any one can find a way to investigate and report them to animal cruelty please do so. Someone PLEASE contact animal cruelty on this company.

Old 12-27-2004, 05:23 PM   #2
Lynn
You may want to post you full name or risk your post being deleted..Sorry about your dealings with these folks...

Old 12-27-2004, 05:25 PM   #3
lyndz915
sorry

Im sorry, I thought it was in my profile..my name is Sharon wells. Please do not delete my post, it is important that all see it.

Old 12-27-2004, 05:29 PM   #4
KNOBTAIL
SHARON, Your probably right, people who sell and send

two legged frogs should be put out of business. But I seriously doubt he bred them that way. How did you pay for these toads?

Old 12-27-2004, 05:32 PM   #5
lyndz915
I have pictures of how the animals were sent if anyone is interested. The way this company sent out the second toad was very inhumane. We recieved her in a box like the other, but she was not even in a container. She was in a cloth bag with string tied around the top. There was nothing to protect her. I am more concerned about the way this company is treating and raising their animals and selling them to people like us. I am trying to report them to animal cruelty.

Old 12-27-2004, 05:33 PM   #6
lyndz915
I paid using my Visa

Old 12-27-2004, 05:34 PM   #7
nicolai
Sharon...

Do you have the ability to post some pics of the animals in question? Did you save any of the emails between you and them?
It all helps when proving somebody did wrong.

Old 12-27-2004, 05:46 PM   #8
lyndz915
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolai
Do you have the ability to post some pics of the animals in question? Did you save any of the emails between you and them?
It all helps when proving somebody did wrong.
Of course. I saved all the emails between me and the owner. I also have images I am uploading now. A few are of the toad I have now. The others are of the dead toad I recieved and literally what it came in. They are rather large files, so be warned.

http://tinypic.com/zxtnl
http://tinypic.com/zxto3
http://tinypic.com/zxtp2
http://tinypic.com/zxtt3
There is a very large tick on the back leg of this toad.

Here are the emails. What we wrote is in green Everything else will be normal.

I want and immediate response, that measna today asap ,I ordered for xmas this item for a xmas gt for my child and imagine the diaapoint and horror when we opedned our package andreceived a toad with partial right back and forelegs if this youre idea of a cruel joke? I know they need ahome too, but this a very cruel joke to send a child and I demand an immediate and full refund and that means full coverage for overnite shipping and a new replacement, please check the condition of the reptile first. IF I do not get my response immediatly and my satisfaction in this matter, we will be forced to spread the ugly word of the condition of youre repitiles and send out picture of this sadness over the internet so everyone with children wanting these kinds of pets form youre company for their children for xmas or at all will be so warned. please respond as quickly and with full understanding of this unfortunate situation,

sincerely,

sharon wells

Sharon,

Please provide us with your order number, and another one will be sent out. But no refund will be issued, we have had over a 250 orders in the last 3 weeks, all to be sent out for this week for Christmas. We do apologize for this, but it most have been a bad choice of frogs by one of our employees.

Please reply with your order number as soon as you can, so this can be sent back out tomorrow for delivery on Friday.

We do apologize for the mistake, we aim to send out the best animals possible, but mistakes do happen.

Sincerely,

Nina

Old 12-27-2004, 05:54 PM   #9
The Reptile House
Keep all those e-mails and pics as proof and contact your credit card company and file a claim with them. They should start a claim file and with proof like that in the pics and e-mails you should have no problems with getting your credit card refunded. Good luck and that is just a shame. Shanell- The Reptile House

Old 12-27-2004, 05:57 PM   #10
lyndz915
There were also phone conversations between us. When he called us back after the message was left that we needed to talk to him, his number showed up as a cell phone number on our caller ID.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!