Trying to contact Bobby Pruett - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-29-2004, 12:38 PM   #1
thancox
Question Trying to contact Bobby Pruett

I recently purchased some Fat-Tailed geckos from him and have been trying to reach him via the phone number on his website: http://arborealsetc.com/contact.htm @ 1-419-621-7927
and via his email at: pruettb@earthlink.net & owner@rhacodactylus.net
ONLY TO GET NO REPLIES

Since the weather has been fluctuating in the 30s, 40s, and 50s, it has been hard trying to find a time to have the geckos shipped. The weather will be permitting in my area and his (if he still lives in Sandusky, OH) on Thurs (12/30), Fri (12/31), and Sat (01/01).

I would appreciate it if you can share additional contact information of Bobby Pruett.

Thank you, I am most grateful for all of your assistance.

Old 12-29-2004, 01:30 PM   #2
Suncoast Herpetological
There are a number of threads on Mr. Pruett that can be accessed through the Search feature. Perhaps one of them might have better contact info.

Old 12-29-2004, 01:50 PM   #3
DAND
Question Why...

Why would anyone deal with Pruett?

I'd try your luck at getting your money back through whatever means you paid him with.

Old 12-29-2004, 02:27 PM   #4
thancox
:toiletcla

Check out the terms on his website http://arborealsetc.com/contact.htm

QUOTED FROM THE TERMS:
"All animals are guaranteed to arrive alive and outwardly healthy. If an orders picked up late or you miss the carrier this will void the guarantee. Temperatures below 40f or above 90f in my area or the destination address will void live arrival guarantee. Gross negligence on the part of the buyer will void the guarantee. "

The current deal I have with him is "when weather permits" he will send the geckos. This is the weather in my area:
http://www.weather.com/weather/local...ocalUndeclared

This is the weather in his:
http://www.weather.com/weather/local...ocalUndeclared

This Thurs, Fri, & Sat, look like the best days to send given the weather in both of our areas. I emailed him this information and have emailed him prior to this information and have yet to get a reply.

Just an acknowledgement would be nice:
YES, I'll be able to ship the geckos on the requested days, or no I cannot ship on the requested days for this reason...

I know the Christmas holiday just past and people are starting to get back into the swing of things but today is Dec. 29th, I emailed him well before Christmas day.

I have read some good but mostly bad things about Pruett on this site.
Unfortunately, I was turned on to the info. about him after the purchase was made. I just hope I am not one of the unlucky many who have done business with him.

At this point I haven't gotten any replies from the latest emails I've sent him or callback from the messages I left on the answering machine behind the number posted on his website. I am getting a little worried...

Pray for me!

PS
I am still looking through this site for additional contact info.
If anyone has any additional contact information other than what I have already posted, PLEASE share. I would like to get the geckos that I paid for and get this transaction over with asap.

Old 12-29-2004, 05:12 PM   #5
urbanjungles
Doesn't look to good...

Those are basically all of Bobby's contacts...looks like he's just choosing to ignore you, shame. Not surprising though, if I were you I'd try to get my money back instead of the animals as I'm sure they'll inevitably wind up dead or near dying and the entire typical scenario involving ExspungedBob will once again repeat itself...he'll call you names and take your money.

He's been pretty active on other threads on this site so he's undoubtedly recieved your messages and is probably even reading this...

Sorry and good luck!

Old 12-29-2004, 05:26 PM   #6
DAND
Lightbulb

You could try posting on his Rhacodactylus Network. You'll probably get your post deleted and banned from there if you do but if that happens you'll know he's seen your post.

Old 12-29-2004, 07:18 PM   #7
thancox
rhacodactylus.net

I have tried subscribing to the forum on rhacodactylus.net earlier this morning around 9:00am CT - give or take an hour. At the moment my membership is pending approval. I don't know how long it takes for members to be approved on his site, but we shall see...

Old 12-29-2004, 07:38 PM   #8
LotsaPetsGarfHt
I'm willing to bet....

that you won't get approved. I was but was eventually banned.

Old 12-29-2004, 07:39 PM   #9
GeckoTracks
You wont get approved lol I tried just to see what happend I also sent him an email. so heres a heads up for you all. oh btw I didnt use a fake name to contact him thats my middle and maiden name.

Hello

All info including your full name along with the email address your ISP issued you is required to join. The program kicks all hotmail,yahoo,etc. addresses.

Bobby Pruett
Rhacodactylus Network
http://www.rhacodactylus.net

----- Original Message -----
To: owner@rhacodactylus.net
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2004 1:00 PM
Subject: Joining your forum

I've tried to join your forum twice already, Ii dont know if there is
something wrong with the database or the program that runs your forum. I was
looking forward to talking to fellow rhacodactylus owers, and their opinons
on rasing and breeding them. I'm just letting you know if there is a
problem. Hopefully everything will work out and I can try to join again.
Thank you for your time

Jo-Ella Ashbrook

Old 12-29-2004, 10:19 PM   #10
Ghi Reptiles
Quote:
I have read some good but mostly bad things about Pruett on this site.
I don't belive there is anything good to say about him when it comes to the reptile business. I guess 'he scams people well' could be considered a compliment.

Quote:
Hello

All info including your full name along with the email address your ISP issued you is required to join. The program kicks all hotmail,yahoo,etc. addresses.

Bobby Pruett
Rhacodactylus Network
http://www.rhacodactylus.net
That is what I call major paranoia. Coming from a guy that has posted under at least 7 different aliases that we know of and most likely more, that gets a huge chuckle from me

By the way if you already paid for your geckos in advance I would consider the money gone that's what I had to do when he scammed me out of around $400.00. Just consider it a lesson well learned and thank God it wasn't for more. He should reply soon though with one of his infamous lines like 'I was out of the state for awhile visiting my kids'. When it heats up enough here he will most likely either make a showing with a story or e-mail you privately berating you. Good luck and sorry for your bad luck......

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!