Got my first Crested Gecko!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-11-2005, 08:42 AM   #1
USAGECKOS
Got my first Crested Gecko!!!!

HI Everyone,

I picked this little guy/gal up at the Seabrook N.H. Reptile show. I beleive he is only a baby, he's about 2 inches long. It is my very first Crested Gecko and I am soo excited! Can anyone tell me what morph it is? And, I also attached a picture of his/her set up.

What do you think?

And, any tips for a new Crestie owner? I bought a Rhac book and it seams pretty easy to take care of these little guys, but any advice is welcome!

Old 01-11-2005, 09:17 AM   #2
Xavier
Nice Crested

Looks like a flame/fire to me....
Oh I think that cage is far too big for it till its several months old 9 or so.

Old 01-11-2005, 07:34 PM   #3
Monte
10-4

I think it would be OK in that cage - but I'm positive it will thrive even better in a smaller cage. How about this - purchase a small critter (under 10 bucks) container with some paper towels and a piece of egg carton in it for the crested to hide in. Remember, the intelligence of the crested gecko might be close to Texans, but they're still plenty dumb. (that's just a cruel joke! - sorry)

BTW- that is a very ugly crested gecko. Please send him to me immediately and I will send you a pretty grey patternless one. (LOL)

Nice job on the tank. When he's older, he'll love it!!

Take care

Monte

Old 01-12-2005, 02:38 PM   #4
USAGECKOS
Actually, I got the size of the crested wrong, he is just over 3 inches long (don'ty have a weight on him yet though. I will get him in a smaller enclosure.

Monte, thanks for the compliment, I think he/she is a cutie! Maybe when I sex him/her, you can hook me up with a mate for it

Old 01-12-2005, 11:36 PM   #5
StinaUIUC
I came kinda close to getting a crestie tonight...our local Petco had several and they were SOO CUTE!!!!!!! Although I know I can't have anymore animals right now.....and they actually had a dead hatchling (and I MEAN hatchling...they were TINY!) leopard gecko in the baby leo cage (besides half the rest with missing/shortened tails)...pitiful...I was going to mention it to the girl at the checkout...but I was with my mom and talking to her and I forgot!

Old 01-12-2005, 11:39 PM   #6
StinaUIUC
oh btw...he's cute!!!!...lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!