Profile Indicators - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:38 AM   #1
Robert Walker
Profile Indicators

Deciding who to do business with online can be a challenge at times. Thankfully there are several profile indicators available to help you in your research. Understanding what all these boxes, numbers, colors, etc. mean may help in your decision process. Do I buy from this seller or that seller? Who do others trust and why? Etc.

Using these three hypothetical profiles, here are 10 areas associated with a person's profile up for your consideration:

1. Account Name & Tagline / Slogan:
Professional? Generic? Instill confidence?

2. Membership Coins:
Coins indicate if a member is a contributing/paying member of Fauna. This is one way that members separate themselves from their competition and establish further credibility. This also allows others to know that at a minimum, Fauna has had at least one successful Paypal transaction with this person.

3. Avatar:
Any attempt to brand themselves or demonstrate any level of marketing, professionalism, logo etc?

4. Location Field:
Do they have a complete City & State location field? Where does this person at least claim to be from?

5. Post Count:
How active is this member here on Fauna? Are they an integrated / established member of the Fauna community?

6. Name:
Do they have a complete First & Last name on their account? Who does this person at least claim to be?

7. Karma Rating:
How do others on Fauna rate this user's posts. Green boxes indicate positive ratings. Grey equal no rating, neither positive or negative. Red reflects negative karma ratings by other members of the site.

8. Trader Rating:
Paid members can rate each other showing both positive and negative transactions.

9. Trader Rating reviews:
By clicking Trader Rating you can expand the view and see a brief sentence or two about that specific transaction.

10. Board of Inquiry BOI:
Always look up potential buyers and sellers before you do business.
Attached Images

Old 05-24-2017, 11:53 AM   #2
Insomniac101
Robert, thanks for putting that together! The long-time folks are familiar with it, but I'm sure some of the newcomers were wondering what's what.

Kathy

Old 05-24-2017, 03:35 PM   #3
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac101 View Post
Robert, thanks for putting that together! The long-time folks are familiar with it, but I'm sure some of the newcomers were wondering what's what.

Kathy
Thanks Kathy, lets hope some folks take advantage of it now.

Old 05-24-2017, 06:33 PM   #4
Helenthereef
This is VERY valuable. Any chance of making it a sticky?

(On that note maybe some of the other many stickies in this forum could be rationalised/ updated/ combined so that currently relevant information can be more easily seen?)

Old 05-24-2017, 06:44 PM   #5
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
This is VERY valuable. Any chance of making it a sticky?
* After I posted this I saw that you had already made this a sticky on the BOI forum, should have known you'd be ahead of the game....

Old 05-25-2017, 06:57 PM   #6
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
* After I posted this I saw that you had already made this a sticky on the BOI forum, should have known you'd be ahead of the game....
Its all good. Thank you for looking out for good ideas!

Old 05-25-2017, 07:36 PM   #7
WebSlave
I would also recommend that anyone considering doing business with someone on this site whereby the identifying information provided in the process of negotiating a deal differs from what is stated in their profile here to take that as a BIG red flag. It should be obvious that they are trying to obscure their true identity for some reason. It can also be inferred from that evidence that they are already being caught in a lie. Yeah, they can come up with all sorts of plausible sounding reasons, but I guess it will be up to you how gullible you choose to be in such a proposed transaction. Remember that a scammer is not going to be shy about lying to you. About anything and everything.

We are trying to offer you effective tools in order for you to try to make wise decisions about doing business on the internet. But push come to shove, the ultimate decision concerning how you choose to use those tools, and who you do business with, will be completely up to you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!