Bad Guy dont get scam on (pecus kum. kha)from Cameroon - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-15-2017, 05:10 PM   #1
keithqiuqiu
dont get scam on (pecus kum. kha)from Cameroon

Attachment 882055hi guys,last week i post a thread about wanted a spotted turtle. after few day someone email me from this email address lydianibason@gmail.com. then i saw one of his spotted,finished the payment leave all the shipping information then i start waiting, because of lydia said she will send the package and send me the receipt in an hour. next day morning when i wake up i got the email from her saids there are some problem of shipping,price are more expensive than she expect,so i agree to share the extra shipping with her and paid 65 dollar right after i got the email.then is another long wait ,as she said she will send receipt to me in an hour, but this never happen. next day morning there another issue happen,she said the shipping company need my driver linsence and cites document to delivery, i feel so weird about this coz it never happen before,but i still give the driver licence to her. after about few hours she said everything is done turtle is sent but i need to pay 139.99 for an urgent cites document,now i am sure i got sacm. so i didnt pay and keep asking about the receipt which she never show me(all this guy said is “she” got pregnancy about 7 month old so it will slowly and need to go to hospital ofen,and thats why she reply so late”) .but i said i wont pay anything before i see the receipt, she send a ”receipt” to me yesterday,from the first look i can tell is photoshop and stop talking with this guy.
but this morning i got an email from this guy , he create a new email address andwith my name which is ruiqiu92@gmail.com and threaten me will do something with my license photo.
i just go to police station and put this on record, and want to notice you guys dont get sacm by this guy. he may start using the email address with my name, but information below is important
dont sent money through moneygram or west union . this what he ask me to pay. and if you met any guy ask you to send money to :
first name :Pecus Kum
last name :Kha
no matter is though money gram or west union dont pay anything.
this is the email he use to contact me lydianibason@gmail.com
and this is the one he creat with my name on gmail ruiqiu92@gmail.com
i believe he is still creating some with my name, so be careful guys dont be fool like me
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2017, 08:43 AM   #2
Robert Walker
Rui -
Sounds like you have hopefully learned a hard lesson, one that could have been completely avoided. I'll share a couple of observations and red flags for both your benefit and others. This isn't intended to beat you up as I assume you already feel pretty stupid over the whole thing.

1. USE PRIVATE MESSAGE: Stop posting your phone number and email in your ads. Stop. Tell people to use Fauna's "Private Message". You left both your email and phone number exposed for a scammer to see, and guess what, he saw it. Go and delete your old posts which still have your contact info for the whole world to see.

2. BOI SEARCH 1st: Stop buying from people who you have not done a BOI search on 1st. If you buy from unknown people, then this is the gamble you take and you lost.

3. AFRICA: Don't buy from Africa. If someone says they are from Africa, 99.9999% chance it is a scam. Unless you are some sort of established importer with direct ties to an equally established exporter in Africa, it is a scam. Cameroon & Nigeria house the biggest pockets of scammers.

4. DRIVERS LICENSE: Don't send any unknown seller your ID. Use your brain for crying out loud.

5. EMAIL SEARCH: Within 10 seconds I ran a Google search on the email you supplied. That email posted another ad online. Claiming to be from Prague, with a white arm. Red flags!

6. DESPERATION: Stop being so desperate for what you want. Scammers know people will do super stupid stuff for things they really want. Just because you want a turtle doesn't mean you get to toss out common sense. Think first. Inquire first. Study first. Protect yourself first.

Good luck Rui. You made many repeated mistakes. Hopefully you will learn from this and not do it again.
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2017, 10:17 AM   #3
Lucille
Rui thank you for posting, it may help others avoid the grief you got through doing business with this seller.

Old 07-16-2017, 10:50 AM   #4
Black Adder
Very sorry for your financial loss Rui
However this unfortunately is a perfect example of why all these scammers exist
BECAUSE THERE ARE SOFT AND EASY TARGETS TO BE HAD EVERYWHERE!
As Robert says you need to use your head, do some homework before handing over even a red cent!

As they say though common sense is now the least common of all senses.

Good luck with any future purchase IF you follow Roberts most excellent guidelines!

Old 08-19-2017, 09:15 AM   #5
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithqiuqiu View Post
he create a new email address andwith my name which is ruiqiu92@gmail.com and threaten me will do something with my license photo.
Rui,
Here is another one he has created: ruiqiu.jonnabatie@gmail.com

Things associated with this new fake account from Cameroon:
sandrine troussart
jonna batie
kingue rose
lydia nibason
paul alang
ruiqiu.jonnabatie@gmail.com
sandrinetroussart@gmail.com
kinguerose4@gmail.com - Rose
lydianibason@gmail.com
Attached Images

Old 11-21-2017, 02:37 PM   #6
jjbier
I almost got scammed by this guy. I was on http://classifieds.insectnet.com and recived an email from someone trying to sell me pupae. They called themselves "Marie Therese Makouddas" and claimed to be from NJ. They insisted that the money needed to be payed to their supplier, someone called "Pecus Kum" and sent me this:
"First name: Pecus Kum
Last name: Kah
Address: 3 Sonac Street
City: Yaounde

Luckily I searched this persons name and found this forum. When I confronted this person I tried to get them to prove they actually had the pupae, and they sent me images from a google search. At that point I just blocked and reported them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!