Trader's Ratings promotion - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 09-20-2017, 03:21 PM   #1
WebSlave
Exclamation Trader's Ratings promotion

We've had the Trader's Ratings function on this site nearly forever, it seems, but from what I can tell, it is only very lightly used by anyone. Truth be known, I suspect that nearly half the people here don't even know it exists, and the other half just forgot about it completely.

So a little while back while I was involved in testing the Trader's Ratings because of a failure related with the server migration, I got to thinking about it. Mostly because while testing, I decided the best way to test was to actually DO a Trader's Rating on someone, and decided that using a member who just purchased a Benefactor level membership would fit that bill.

So after the testing, I was going to delete the positive rating I gave, but then gave pause to think about it a bit. Why not leave it? After all, wasn't this actually a commercial transaction? As such, am I not justified in doing my own Trader's Ratings for such people who are financially supporting this site?

Of course, one thing led to another, and I started thinking that perhaps I really should do this for ALL members who are helping to financially support this site. This could have a desired side effect of introducing them to the Trader's Ratings (or perhaps re-introducing them), and perhaps show them it's usage and perhaps act as encouragement for them to USE it much more than it has been in the past.

So here is the deal. Beginning on October 1, 2017, I will give positive Trader's Ratings for every member who donates $$ to this site, either as a paying level member, or a sponsor of any forum. This, of course, is going to be experimental in the sense that I want to see if this action will have a positive effect on several fronts for this site and the membership. Honestly, it is a completely manual process I will have to do, so if I discover that it has absolutely no positive effect, then I will discontinue the practice as soon as I come to my senses. But otherwise, hoping for the best, this will be implemented at the beginning of the month.

Unless, of course, one or more people can convince me of something I haven't thought of that would actually be detrimental to this site.

So there you have it. Probably won't mean a hill of beans to most people, but maybe some people might like this change.

Old 09-23-2017, 11:34 PM   #2
DLenaRuth999s
I think it's a great idea!

Old 09-24-2017, 01:24 AM   #3
Helenthereef
I'm probably in the extreme minority, but I'm a paying level member who never buys or sells, so giving me a trader rating would be a bit misleading.

Not that I'd mind having it, of course, and as I don't trade, my rating affects noting, but just thinkin'....

Old 10-13-2017, 07:49 AM   #4
Lena
Well thank you very much! I think this is a great idea!

Old 10-13-2017, 08:04 AM   #5
Beyond GenetiX
I'm a firm believer in the trader ratings and the BOI. People can say what they want to, it can help or harm your business. I guess we should all be giving Rich trader ratings as well. Things are changing and I'm not completely sure in which direction, but this is the only outlet I've used for sales, ever. I've met a lot of great people through this site and will continue to support it.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:56 AM   #6
Insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
I'm probably in the extreme minority, but I'm a paying level member who never buys or sells, so giving me a trader rating would be a bit misleading.

Not that I'd mind having it, of course, and as I don't trade, my rating affects noting, but just thinkin'....
I don't sell either, but I buy animals occasionally. Still, I think the ratings are helpful for getting an idea about a potential customer, as well. They show if people are good customers - paying when they say they will, good communication, do they initiate charge-backs prematurely?, etc.

Most of the attention is on the sellers' conduct, but there have been some nightmare customers here too.

Helen, even if you never sell, you are still a valued member here, and I enjoy your posts!

Kathy

Old 10-13-2017, 09:57 AM   #7
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac101 View Post
I enjoy your posts!
I'll second that too.

Old 10-14-2017, 10:25 PM   #8
Helenthereef
Why, thank you both!

Old 10-27-2017, 04:21 PM   #9
chongorojo
I thought it was cool to get a rating from the man himself lol and that will probably be incentive to continue financial support of the site from me. I don't sell or buy much anymore and fell away from my memberships but I still come here and use the boi. I love all that fauna has done for me and the community! I truly enjoy it and a small contribution is just a way of saying thanks.

Old 01-04-2018, 01:45 PM   #10
WebSlave
Well, I have been keeping up my end in the bargain for this, but not sure how much of an impact it has been having with people using the Trader's Feedback more often. I have noticed that nearly every one I leave positive feedback for has not had a previous feedback applied from anyone in years.

But I'll keep at it for a while longer in case I am just having to overcome a lot of dead weight inertia to get things moving again. Besides, it's not like I am being flooded with memberships and sponsorships where this is a lot of work for me......

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!