For Sale Blue Nose and Perinet Chameleons - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Chameleons

Notices

Old 02-01-2019, 01:31 AM   #1
thejunglenook
Blue Nose and Perinet Chameleons

Hello
I’m selling a trio(1.2) of Blue Nose/ Boettgeri Chameleons(calumma boettgeri) and 2 pairs of Perinet Chameleons (Calumma gastrotaenia) also known as Band bellies or Side stripped chameleons. They are both small species with the Perinet being the larger of the two.
All are under 6.5” tail included. I bought these at the reptile show the beginning of January. I was planning more than my work will allow in free time. These are wild caught and have not been treated. All are eating very well on a mix of dusted Hydei and small crickets. The Blue nose male locked with the female when I first got them before they were all separated. Not sure which one of the females. They are amazing and beautiful. They are all housed individually. No cages or accessories are included but we can discuss if need be. Would prefer not to split up the sets and hoping to find some good homes for these.

Located in Los Angeles and not willing to ship at this time but will drive a reasonable amount for delivery.

1.2 Blue Nose *SOLD!*

2.2 Perinet $200/pair

Name:  IMG_4061.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  247.8 KBName:  IMG_4058.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  254.7 KBName:  IMG_4040.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  241.3 KBName:  IMG_2416.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  242.0 KB
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-03-2019, 05:17 PM   #2
thejunglenook
Need to find these guys some good homes and very flexible on the price...within reason. These guys are very animated and display an amazing array of colors.
Thank you for your time.
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-04-2019, 07:09 PM   #3
frankpayne32
Sent you a PM. Two of them lol. Hope you are willing to change your mind on shipping. I can walk you through it and even provide a shipping label.

Old 02-04-2019, 08:04 PM   #4
thejunglenook
Thank you for your interest. I replied to all PMs.
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-04-2019, 10:28 PM   #5
JoeDigiorgio
If Frank doesn’t take the blue noses and you’re willing to ship, send me a message.

Old 02-04-2019, 11:48 PM   #6
portmanteaux
Amazing blue noses!

Just so you know, those actually are not C. boettgeri. They are C. linotum! They are commonly confused species, but an important distinction. These guys are from the Amber Mountains, whereas true C. boettgeri are from Nosy Be. You can tell by the intense color and distinctive patterns on that incredible male, which are way more impressive than male boettgeris.

I have a female C. linotum and would be totally thrilled to take that male off your hands to breed, but I understand if you want to send them off together :-)

Old 02-04-2019, 11:49 PM   #7
portmanteaux
Oh and here's a link to a whole journal article describing the differences between the two: http://www.markscherz.com/wp-content...aeleonidae.pdf

Old 02-05-2019, 12:20 AM   #8
thejunglenook
Thank you. The article you linked didn’t work. I know there are a lot of diff offerings in the Calumma genus. They just discovered a new one last year I think. This particular male has more of the tail rings then I’m seeing in C.linotum but I can’t say for sure.
The male did lock with one female and she is now gravid with eggs.
The Trio was sold this evening to a local buyer.
Thank you all for your interest on the Blue Nose.

The Perinet chameleon pairs are still available. Males just shed for a second time and all hammering 1/4 crickets and Hydei. The females are a vivid green with a bright white stripe under their bellies. It’s quite beautiful.
Preference going to local sales.

Thanks!
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!