Year old 8 inch Aldabra Tortoise - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Old 02-02-2019, 01:52 PM   #1
barakahbreeder
Year old 8 inch Aldabra Tortoise

SOLD!!! 2 year old, 8”+ Aldabra Tortoise. Appears to be female but not certain yet. She is very healthy, friendly to people and other pets (tortoises and dogs), she’s an eating machine, and has a beautiful shell. Not desperate to sell her and won’t entertain low ball offers. She is an amazing tortoise, we are simply downsizing our family zoo. Priced to sell fast- Asking $3,200 plus shipping through SYR. Serious inquiries only please.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 02-02-2019, 03:00 PM   #2
Big Time Reptiles
Jeff,
Great looking Aldabra at a super great price. It looks to be at least a 2 year old, plus, especially at 8 inches..

Should sell quick at that low price!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 02-12-2019, 12:08 PM   #3
barakahbreeder
New price $3200. Priced well below value to sell quickly.
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-17-2019, 02:13 PM   #4
jfburke1983
Who produced it?

Old 02-17-2019, 08:36 PM   #5
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfburke1983 View Post
Who produced it?

Look closely at the last photo, it has remnants of white paint on the scutes, that's how the farms in the Seychelles mark them, then when sold, they're shipped to the U.S. markings from the paint stays, it's their ID... It can be removed, but it's not easy.

99.999% sure it's an import, now I'm not saying that's bad, 90% of the Aldabras here in the U.S. were imported, I personally own a few imports as well CB, you can't tell the difference....

If not for imports, we'd have none.......

Hope that helps!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 02-17-2019, 09:21 PM   #6
James L
Is that paint? Looks like a wet spot on the shell that reflected a white spot when the photo was taken. I could be wrong. I'm looking at it on my phone.

Old 02-18-2019, 03:23 PM   #7
barakahbreeder
No, there is no paint on her. I’m not sure who produced her but she came from a farm in Florida. My wife purchased her at Repticon.
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-18-2019, 03:44 PM   #8
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by barakahbreeder View Post
No, there is no paint on her. I’m not sure who produced her but she came from a farm in Florida. My wife purchased her at Repticon.

If the tortoise in the photos came from a farm in Florida, was it Florida Iguana & Tortoise Breeders , which is owned by Sam Pascucci? If so it's an import, he's imported more Aldabras, than anyone else here in the U.S.

Again, that's NOT a bad thing, in fact if it did come from Sam, it was well taken care before you received it..

Good luck with your sale, I'm surprised it hasn't sold yet, especially for the price you're asking...

Lynn Peterson
Big Time reptiles

Old 02-18-2019, 09:17 PM   #9
barakahbreeder
Lynn, I don’t think it was from Sam. I believe it was another farm.
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!