For Sale One of a kind project all set up and ready - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Other Snakes

Notices

Old 05-24-2019, 04:06 AM   #1
Sam Floyd
Talking One of a kind project all set up and ready

Introducing Bad Bob. He is a chilled, laid back special little animal like none other. You see he was born smooth as silk without scales except the belly scutes and yet managed to survive in the wild nearly a year. The place in which he was originally found has been thoroughly logged and destroyed beyond recognition. What was once a beautiful pristine swampland is now a broken down, tilled ugly water snake apocalypse.
Ol Bob was found one day by an avid herper (myself) who immediately set him up in an ideal captive situation that is after I made sure I was not dreaming a few times. I thus began a mission to line up the best possible mates for Bad Bob. I had offers to buy or trade coming to me out of the blue before I had a chance to fully decide and all at a bad time financially, luckily I did not sell and managed to increase this project and fully acclimate this guy. Now it is clear to me that I travel a bit too much to raise babies but no problem maintaining the adults.
It is now nearly a year later since he was found and still has that same goofy permanent smile on his face and he should be pretty close to two years old by now. Good reason to smile since the cream of the crop girl wise has been accumulating here. He feeds on fish, and readily excepts frozen thawed pinky mice as well if scented. Eats right out of your hand.

So here are the mates lined up for him:

1. A young hot "Cherry" Red Hypo, erythyristic hypo (co-dominate trait) virgin female raised up for two years and eats same diet as Bad Bob. Highly doubt a Mangrove saltmarsh hybrid since the locality is quite inland and the area produces some just real screamers we have worked with in the past. Yes the area she came from is where the CB cherry reds sold a few years back for $200 EA came from.

2. Young virgin female named "Cousin" collected from the exact same body of water where Bad Bob was from on the very next night, not lookers but you know chances of carrying that gene cannot be denied. Tame and a great feeder.

3 & 4: These are two massive gravid females, yes gonna drop a ton of babies likely a lot of hypos and who knows what (No definitely not Bad Bob's progeny!, sorry he is still a year away from that!!! BE CLEAR ON THIS) These girls were only just recently found. Great looking snakes Hypo-types from another region where this species tends to be twice as large as average. Selected for color and size at the same time. Big Bertha I, and Big Bertha II

This project is a firm $3,500 cleared. This is minus any fees or shipping. Figure shipping at $50 and 3 percent if the paypal payment route is chosen. Easiest buyer gets first dibs, If you are local in Florida you can pick up from me. This can easily include more watersnakes if wanted or you can just choose a the few select mates here. Or even just Bad Bob himself!

Pics of future mates below:
#1 Cherry:

# 2 Cousin:

# 3 Big Bertha I:

# 4 Even Bigger Bertha II:

Florida banded water snakes Nerodia fasciata pictiventris are fun, joyful, outgoing natracines to keep. They are not picky and settle in quick usually quite tame, handleable and easy breeders who give live birth. They are are snake best kept in aquariums with a large water bowl and a small low powered basking spot light. They do great in smaller groups and fed separately since their appetite is quite voracious. Husbandry requirements is about the same as a garter snake, these are not as aquatic as a lot of the other Nerodia are. These snakes have such an extreme and diverse set of colors and patterns and the genetic possibilities are endless, (some albinos might be out there still in the trade too), no doubt that they need to be worked with. So I have it all set up and ready, only question is: Are you the one?

Bad, Bad, Bob..............a song parody of Red,Red, Wine ;p

Terms of Service, Please read before placing order:
Terms are valid and you agree when purchasing whether you took the time to read them or not!!!

CHECK YOUR STATE LAWS, 100 percent covered on this end over here and if you try to get me to send something illegal in your state you will not get your money back, and will not receive the animal! In California and Arizona you would need a permit and need to provide that information to me. In Georgia unlikely possible without a permit since a native, the rest of the states I do not fully know just that most are no problem it is and your responsibility to know.

Live Arrival Guarantee (LAG): LAG is valid on overnight shipments only. Overnight shipments are sent with a tracking number and on a ship date the customer agrees on and a signature is required on delivery. This required signature can be waived on request but it voids the guarantee. Live arrival is guaranteed on all overnight shipments provided somebody signs for the package on the FIRST delivery attempt. The LAG is VOID when: a signature on delivery is waived, or if nobody signs for the package and it needs to be re-delivered. All claims must be made the same day that the animals arrive and photographic evidence needs to be provided with the claim. Replacements, credit (usually generous), or refund will be given once the photo evidence has been provided. NO REFUNDS ON SHIPPING COST Unless the carrier refunds me, NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CARRIER DELAYS (I suggest giving a day or 2 leeway when picking a ship date). Be sure to give me the correct shipping address if different than your paypal, EVERY TIME even if you do regular orders with me!!! If you accidentally send me wrong address from a typo etc and it causes a problem NO REFUNDS. Not responsible if given a faulty address or did not get the new address at time of placing the order! Also I suggest providing a phone # so the carrier can contact you if there is an issue. I will not use your number to solicit sales unless I am specifically asked to do so and even then I prefer E-mails. It is only for in the event a carrier runs into an issue. A quick phone call has saved several problems in the past more times than I can count! If neither I nor the carrier can contact you and that causes a delay or a problem then no refunds.
I ship year round, use appropriate Styrofoam boxes, heat packs/cold packs. I check the weather and coordinate with the customer if there are less than favorable conditions to pick the best ship date. We have well over 20 years’ experience as a live animal shipper with an extraordinarily good track record. Making sure the animals arrive safe, minimize stress, sound and healthy has always been top priority. All of this policy is designed to circumvent common mistakes that may cause a possible delays so please read it through.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 05-24-2019, 08:15 AM   #2
snowgyre
What a fantastic project. That's the first time I've seen a scaleless banded watersnake. Its projects like these that make me wish I didn't live in Georgia though. Joe Monahan might be very interested. He got burned by another supplier a couple of years ago that sold him Nerodia infected with snake fungal disease, and his snakes died. He knows the protocol for sterilizing environments for SFD (submersion in bleach solution), and he had wonderful, naturalistic vivaria set up for his snakes. Here's his Fauna profile. I understand completely you don't want these snakes to go to just anyone, and Joe's good people.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...r.php?u=142805

Old 05-24-2019, 02:00 PM   #3
Sam Floyd
Email me if interested. xericbayou@gmail.com
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-24-2019, 06:01 PM   #4
Sam Floyd
possible trades

Yes I've been asked about trades and I am open to doing half trade deals. Only interested in very few colubrids, definitely not ball pythons!
Here's what I like colubrid wise:
Albino Ptyas mucosus - young
mussuranas
Cave Dweller Ridleyi
open to other possibilities but only for half or partial trade deals.
Email is the best way to go for replys: xericbayou@gmail.com
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-28-2019, 03:37 AM   #5
dieselfan
Hey Sam super cool project for sure! I would have priced him around $10k. Was this animal collected under a permit? If so, do you plan on sharing a copy of that permit with the buyer? I think anyone looking to spend money like you are asking is going to want to be sure that their investment is legitimate. Thanks!

Old 05-28-2019, 05:04 AM   #6
Sam Floyd
Good question although I expected that to be the type of inquiry to be a private type discussion from a potential buyer but I'll go ahead and reply, never mind expectations on a public forum right?
So here it is: 100 percent legal in every way, even the IRS will get their cut!!!! I take great care to ensure this with our class III FFWCC Florida permit which is meticulously up to date and always was/always will be, as well as my USFW federal import/export license so yes good to go to Europe if any of you wondering. Any buyer has and will be able to get a copy sent to them to ensure authenticity and alleviate any insecurity they may have and they can check with their local officials as well as Florida FFWCC first (I insist) before buying to cover themselves on their end.
I mentioned in the ad the places I was aware of that are known to require special permits but I cannot possibly know all laws in all states, so buyer please do your research! Good point and good to think about Patrick.
10k sounds great. Almost seems worth my many years of striving to stay legitimate. I hope I'm not not underselling and yep you are right about value in the sense that this project will not be for sale once a few serious emergency costs are paid for by other means which will likely take months of toil to get on top of. If that is accomplished somehow then no reason to drop this project.
If I was at retirement age already then this project would be absolutely unequivocally not for sale and I would not sell even a possible het until I had several scaleless breeders are set up, established adults.
Any other inquiries I am more than happy to answer.
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-28-2019, 05:35 AM   #7
dieselfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Floyd View Post
Good question although I expected that to be the type of inquiry to be a private type discussion from a potential buyer but I'll go ahead and reply, never mind expectations on a public forum right?
So here it is: 100 percent legal in every way, even the IRS will get their cut!!!! I take great care to ensure this with our class III FFWCC Florida permit which is meticulously up to date and always was/always will be, as well as my USFW federal import/export license so yes good to go to Europe if any of you wondering. Any buyer has and will be able to get a copy sent to them to ensure authenticity and alleviate any insecurity they may have and they can check with their local officials as well as Florida FFWCC first (I insist) before buying to cover themselves on their end.
I mentioned in the ad the places I was aware of that are known to require special permits but I cannot possibly know all laws in all states, so buyer please do your research! Good point and good to think about Patrick.
10k sounds great. Almost seems worth my many years of striving to stay legitimate. I hope I'm not not underselling and yep you are right about value in the sense that this project will not be for sale once a few serious emergency costs are paid for by other means which will likely take months of toil to get on top of. If that is accomplished somehow then no reason to drop this project.
If I was at retirement age already then this project would be absolutely unequivocally not for sale and I would not sell even a possible het until I had several scaleless breeders are set up, established adults.
Any other inquiries I am more than happy to answer.
Sam,
Thank you for taking the time to come clear the air. No doubt the little guy will sell quick. Good luck with your sale!

Old 06-04-2019, 02:02 PM   #8
Sam Floyd
Talking SOLD

SOLD
I got a deal I could live with ; ) LOL
Glad to see all the interest in Nerodia via pms, emails and FB.
Thanks for the legality question dieselfan, def might've helped clear the air for some folks. It should be a standard thing incorporated into my ads, just wasn't even thought about being a water snake but these days you need to keep that stuff in mind.
This particular species N.f. pictiventris has a ton of potential being generally docile, easy to breed, care as simple as garter snakes plus loads upon loads of variation when it comes to working on designer morphs .
Thank you!
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-17-2019, 07:52 PM   #9
Nrosito
So, I definitely can't afford to take over your breeding project, but wow that is a singular find right there. I recently purchased a male WC juvenile Florida banded water snake, and I am excited to see him grow up. He is a hypo and it would be nice to breed more of these fantastic snakes in captivity.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!