Max Pet Supply, VERY poor customer service/missing items from order - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-23-2005, 09:49 AM   #1
Cat_72
Thumbs down Max Pet Supply, VERY poor customer service/missing items from order

OK, I'll TRY not to make this too long.....I know this isn't a "high dollar" problem, but the lack of customer service, not to mention that I am STILL MISSING some of my order warrants a "heads up" to others if nothing else.

On July 7th 2005, I placed an order with Max Pet Supply for some water dishes, "rock" hides, and a UV light. I received most of my order on July 19th, however there were 3 items missing. The packing slip did not show the missing items, but listed nothing as being backordered either. I wasn't too worried, and simply sent them an email to let them know that I had not received the items, and asked if they were indeed on backorder, or were somehow overlooked. The only reply I got was an automated email stating that my email had been received, and that they would get back to me as soon as possible. I sent 3 subsequent emails over the course of the next 5 days, each time getting the automated response saying they would get back to me.

I finally received an actual email on July 25th, explaining that my previous emails had been stuck in their spam filter, apologizing, and letting me know that the hides had been backordered, should be there shortly, and they would send them to me at no additional shipping charge as soon as they came in.

On August 19th, I sent them yet another email wondering where the hides I had ordered were, and asked if they knew when they would be receiving them. Again, the automated email back.

On August 23rd, I got an email stating that they had just received a large order, and the hides had come in, and that they would process my order that day and get them shipped out. Nothing came.

On September 8, I sent another email, stating that it had been 2 months since my original order, and over 2 weeks since they had said they had received them and would send them out. I informed them that I needed these items right away, or I would be needing a refund of the purchase price. No reply.

On September 17, I sent yet another email, informing them that I needed to have either the hides or the refund within a week, or I would be filing a complaint with VISA, and told them to let me know which to expect and when to expect it. I got another automated response saying they received my email and would respond as soon as possible. Then.....NOTHING.

Well...it has been that last week as of today.....September 23rd....and still nothing. Like I said, I realize this isn't a bunch of money...but it COULD HAVE BEEN....and the fact that after two and a half months I'm STILL waiting on merchandise I paid for, and they won't even send me a response anymore....well, I think it definitely sends the message, "BUYER BEWARE" when it comes to dealing with these guys.

I do have all emails if anyone wants to see them....but didn't think it was really necessary to post them at this point....I'm more than willing to post them if need be.

Old 09-23-2005, 10:13 AM   #2
critical bill
Hi Cathy...

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I check ed the website and didnt see a phone number listed and in your post you dont mention calling them.

Here is the phone number I received from a "who is" search.
---------------------------
Registrant Contact:
Max Pet Inc.
+1.7178621528
Fax: +1.4437870215
P.O. Box 308
Airville, PA 17302
US
--------------------------

As you may know I am in PA as well. If you can get me a physical address to this place I would be happy to go there, flex my muscles, and pick your order up. I'll ship it to you myself. Let me know whatever it is I can do to help.

Good Luck...

Old 09-23-2005, 10:25 AM   #3
Cat_72
LOL, thanks for the offer Chuck!

Funny thing is....the address on the website is totally different....

Max Pet Inc.
1605 Dooley Rd. Unit #3,
Whiteford, MD 21160

Old 09-23-2005, 10:52 AM   #4
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
LOL, thanks for the offer Chuck!

Funny thing is....the address on the website is totally different....

Max Pet Inc.
1605 Dooley Rd. Unit #3,
Whiteford, MD 21160
No problemo. I called the number to see if it works and it does. It rings except no one answers. Not only is the website contact info completely different, but the fax and phone number I provided are in two seperate states as well.

I tried a reverse look-up to match the numbers to a physical location and they came back as not found. It could be the phone and fax #'s are bogus or perhaps they moved from PA to MD and never changed the registration info.

Anything further I can do to help just let me know....

Have a great weekend.

Old 09-23-2005, 09:02 PM   #5
Cat_72
They DID just re-do their site not too long ago.....so the move at some time is possible. I ordered from them once before with no problem, and I did get part of my order this time, so I'm sure it's not a totally bogus thing....it just ticks me off, lol. They have a good selection of the pretty cool looking "rock" hides at better prices than I've found anywhere else.......but the good price doesn't do me much good if I don't actually GET them.

I gotta figure out how to file a complaint......the card I used to pay is actually a debit card that can be also used as a credit card. It has the VISA logo on it....does anyone know, do I contact VISA or my bank? I guess I'll be contacting SOMEONE on Monday....still no response or hides.

Thanks so much for your help, Chuck.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!