Rainforest Reptiles Any Input? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-12-2006, 07:41 PM   #1
jeff6898
Rainforest Reptiles Any Input?

Has anybody done business with Rainforest Reptiles in Florida? THe most recent post I found was from 2005. I am looking at buying a adult female ball python from them. They have a great moving sale going on.

Old 10-12-2006, 11:20 PM   #2
ravensgait
I have and wouldn't do business with them again. They get your money and you have to hound them to ship. Then in my case the snake came sitting on a heat pad half baked and died that night. Never heard from them again or ever received the other snake I paid for. These guys are bad news. Randy

Old 10-13-2006, 01:27 AM   #3
varnyard
This is not to be confused with Rainforest pets, Sam and his wife are good people, as well as a local reptile friend here in Panama city Florida. They are also great to deal with.

Old 10-13-2006, 06:31 AM   #4
hhmoore
I initiated a purchase from Rainforest Reptiles, it fell apart, and now I won't even open their ads. First, they gave me an incorrect PayPal address, which tied up some money while that got straightened out (about a week) - but I resent the money as soon as we figured out the problem - which was the first day, since they didn't receive payment. Then a couple of shipping delays, after/during which the animals I paid for became unavailable without reasonable explanation (the ad was updated & marked SOLD, and none of the substitutes offered were acceptable to me). It then took a couple of weeks to get my refund. I didn't lose anything but time on the deal, but the overall impression was not good.

Old 10-13-2006, 07:45 AM   #5
jeff6898
Thanks for the info. I will steer clear then. It's a shame sure couldn't beat the price, but then again no matter how good the deal is doesn't do anygood if you don't receive your snake or it arrives in bad shape.
This is defiantly not Rainforest pets in Panama City. Hope none gets the two mixed up. They are great people at the Panama City store.

Old 10-13-2006, 03:38 PM   #6
ravensgait
Jeff you should send them a link to these threads about them and tell them you were thinking about buying till you saw the replies here. I doubt it would do any good but maybe if these lowlifes saw the business they lose from screwing people over they may get a clue. Randy

Old 10-14-2006, 06:27 PM   #7
ambrosemurphy
Thumbs down Rainforest Reptiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensgait
I have and wouldn't do business with them again. They get your money and you have to hound them to ship. Then in my case the snake came sitting on a heat pad half baked and died that night. Never heard from them again or ever received the other snake I paid for. These guys are bad news. Randy
I have to agree...I bought 2 pair of Helmeted geckos from them last year...separate transactions...both instances were nightmares as far as them answering e-mails and phone calls. They shipped in woefully underprepared packaging both times, and the geckos arrived extremely stressed and damn near frozen. Within a week, one male of the second pair had died. I sent them photos, etc and never even got the courtesy of a response.

My opinion is there are enough people out there doing things right...these folks should be avoided even if they are having what looks like GREAT deals on a moving sale...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!