Robert Kirk aka robexotics@yahoo.com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-04-2002, 12:52 AM   #1
bds2424
Hello All: I would just like to share my ordeal with everyone to warn others for there safety so they are not scammed by this man wether buying, selling or trading with him. But as far as I can tell at this period in time he is a pure scam artist until the point of time he makes good on our deal.
His name is Robert Kirk or goes by the name of Bob and his email address is robexotics@yahoo.com. Im not quite sure wether he lives in Maryland or Pennsylvania or maybe even somewhere else, as he has told me he lives in both places but now from reading this BOI he goes under other names as well. He claims to have no long distance outgoing service on his phone line but can recieve calls although whomever picks up has told me recently he moved out. And now has given me a phone # claiming to live in PA but someone elses answering machine picks up.
But Anyways our deal was:
He would trade me one male adult east african gaboon viper that is perfect in health for $50 cash from me and a CB baby pair of sidewinders rattlesnakes, paying shipping on both sides by each other but would only do the trade If I shipped 1st, I agreed as long as I could pay the shipping via paypal, we agreed I would ship monday one month ago and he would ship the tuesday being the next day, so I made good and shipped on monday late in the day and sent the money via paypal as soon as I got home from sending the pair, like an honest trader. A little while later I recieve an email from him stating he wouldn't ship til wednesday which made me a little uncomfortable as my snakes were on there way and he had my cash at this point and at the end of the week I was going away for work but I still said ok ship that day. He emailed me the next day stating he had my cash and snakes in perfect health. Wednesday came and he decided he would like to ship via delta versus shipping airborne express but then he realized he needed to be delta verified to ship through them, so I told him ship airborne or Id come down to Maryland from NY to pickup the snake, he said ok but only if I met him at a gas staion, Im guessing somewhere near his house but I was not comfortable with this then he decided to go bowling instead, so I told him something had to be done before I went away(as I would not be back for a long period of time, but had a caretaker for my animals), but nothing was done then I had to go away, but right before I did I filed a complaint with paypal to atleast get my $50 back, at this point he told me he would either ship me the snake or drive it to my caretaker being my father at my house, he said he would ship the following wednesday then decided to ship it thursday which then turned into monday, and he shipped none of these dates, so I called paypal a second time wanting a resolution, he was smart though and cleared his bank account so they could not retrieve my money but put a freeze on his account blocking him from paypal usage, I then arrived home saturday morning and asked him to resolve this by either shipping me the snake or meeting somewhere with it or delivering it to me, I as well told him if he was to do this then his block from paypal would be lifted and everything would be cool,he then emailed me telling me "Im $@&* outta Luck" as he put it, because he was angered that I made the complaint with paypal when In fact I should be the one angered for being scammed.
The facts at hand are he has my pair of snakes, my $50 and the money which it cost me to ship the pair to him and I have NO gaboon viper as he promised me, so he 100% scammed me.
I would just like to make a WARNING to any traders, buyers or sellers to have no dealings with a Robert Kirk aka Bob aka robexotics@yahoo.com, he wil only scam you as he has done others from reading the BOI.
If he does make good with the snake owed to me or gives me money back, he will be a real man in my eyes to me but at this point he is just a scammer and has it all worked out in his favor and I will make a posting letting people know he is an ok guy.
I wish the herp hobby didnt have to be like this and people like this had no involvement in it.
Sincerely
Shawn Lobb

Old 11-04-2002, 04:19 AM   #2
biff
Well, unfortunately you reference the other posts here on the boi...but I guess you neglected to check him out beforehand, which is a bad on your part, because no one reading those posts would do business with him after the things that have been posted here.

Also, if your going to deal w/venomous snakes at least do it legally...ship via airlines only!!

Didn't Bob just have a thread where he was "falsely" accused of shipping illegally?  Hmmm...

Old 11-04-2002, 06:08 AM   #3
Ken Harbart
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wednesday came and he decided he would like to ship via delta versus shipping airborne express but then he realized he needed to be delta verified to ship through them, so I told him ship airborne or Id come down to Maryland from NY to pickup the snake</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

I felt for you...right up until you said you told him to ship via Airborne. This has me wondering now, if you shipped your snakes to him via Airborne as well.

If this is indeed the case, then you neither need, or deserve, to be dealing with hots. Quite frankly, the only thing that would be "needed" in this matter would to be brought up on Federal charges. Shipping hots via Airborne, UPS, etc. is no less than criminal.

Old 11-04-2002, 11:09 AM   #4
bds2424
well I gave him that option or the option of shipping via delta but he could not since he was not verified, I also gave him the option of having me actually drive down there and pick the snake up, then the option of meeting somewhere halfway in between or driving it to my house or I even gave the option of just some sort of cash.......what more could I do, I was ripped off.
Shawn &nbsp;Lobb

Old 11-04-2002, 12:32 PM   #5
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
Shawn,

okay, so now we've got ANOTHER post about Robert Kirk, AND another person shipping hots illegally. &nbsp;You conveniently left out the way you shipped the sidewinders to Robert. &nbsp;Did you use airborne as well, or were you LEGAL and use the airlines? &nbsp;

It is a real shame that some of you guys can't follow simple rules and regulations when shipping these potentially dangerous animals. &nbsp;It is a real shame too because there are lots of responsible and respectable hot keepers and sellers out there, but you guys are making the rest of us look bad. &nbsp;

If you can't or simply won't follow the rules of the game, find something else to play with.

Old 11-04-2002, 12:54 PM   #6
snakemanga
I have just seen this post and I am only going to say I offered to meet him halfway I talked with his mother and she said he could not do it he said just ship it airborne express like he did his. I have his snake and told him it was his but I WOULD NOT SHIP AIRBORNE EXPRESS when I am verified I would ship to him delta The other thread about this is because of Mr. Lobb and a man named Mike Johnson or Steve HImes or whoever he is whom I have done nothing to and thought were my friends but if not shipping airborne express makes me a scam aritist or a crook then yes I am what he says. but I do not want to keep his snake I was unaware it was illegal till I read it here which I thank the BOI for and I have the airbill and box he sent the sidewinders to me with if anyone wants it. Should I contact airborne express about this? My wife and children could have opened this since it was not marked.

Old 11-04-2002, 01:17 PM   #7
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
Shawn is saying that you gave him various shipping dates for the snake but never delivered on any of them. &nbsp;Is this true? &nbsp;

And Shawn, if you are shipping venomous in UNMARKED boxes, you deserve what you get.

Old 11-04-2002, 01:53 PM   #8
biff
Bob...anyone can have a bad post about them, anyone! &nbsp;But you have shown yourself to be consistently on the shadier side of things. &nbsp;In fact, some of the things you have done on the boi are downright egregious! &nbsp;

You defended yourself in that previous thread as not shipping illegally and wanting proof. &nbsp;And the whole time you WERE shipping illegally, and don't give me that crap about "i didn't know", you and I talked about this before, you knew it was illegal. &nbsp;

But I have very little sympathy for this guy whom you scammed...he should have known better, and he should play by the rules.

Old 11-04-2002, 01:55 PM   #9
snakemanga
I did give him a couple of dates I did not know it took weeks for delta to do their deal. What I am saying in this thread is I will drive the 1.5 hours which is halfway to Mr. Lobb give him a gaboon that is healthy and feeding well if he will meet me halfway instead of throwing a fit. I know shawn has a tight schedule that is why I told him the snake was his and was not going anywhere till he got it. The sidewinders I got from him do not eat on their own I have to pinkie pump them for now which is no big deal but he did say they ate on their own pinky parts or anole parts which they have refused for me. The bottom line is I do not want to keep his snake but I will not ship illegally when I am verified if he has not picked the snake up I will email and call to let them know when and where the snake will be sent. The snake is not mine but I feed and soak it just because I will not see the snake suffer. I have had a bad attitude in the past but like I said in the other thread I will prove I am a good person who has chosen to be friends with shady people who claimed to be my friend but stabbed me in the back when they got a chance to. Shawn email me at robexotics@yahoo.com and let me know when you want to meet I just cant drop what I am doing and run to you be reasonable give me a day or two notice please.

Old 11-04-2002, 02:00 PM   #10
snakemanga
Steve we never talked about shipping and I have never shipped illegally and anyone who says so I say show proof. I thought we were friends did I do something to you(steve himes) if so let me know and I will apologize if I am guilty you are a good person who I am very thankful for helping me but I have never told you I would ship illegally. I have delt with several local people who are happy with the snakes I do sell they eat and are healthy which I can say for steve himes he takes good care of his snakes also but I thought he could see my passion for snakes and speak up for me but I guess I was wrong. Shawn just let me know when you want it thanks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!