PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Venomous List

Gary O
08-16-2007, 10:46 PM
Mangrove Snakes
Please only email if they are in good shape. I do not want death.

Boomslangs
The bigger the better! Females more then males but I will look at all!

Western Diamond Backs
Eastern Diamond Backs
Popes Tree Vipers
Wagler Vipers (All Locales)
Pigmy Rattlesnakes
Mojave Rattlesnakes
Almost all Buzztails
Coral Snakes(Must be feeding on rodents)
Southern Copperheads Babies to adults
Gaboon Vipers

I will look at almost anything but this is my list I would like to see. Please know I am a seller and I can not pay retail price. I will by groups if the price is right. I will buy clutches. Just let me know and lets talk. Big on my list right now are Mangroves and Boomslangs. Also I would like some Cat eyed Snakes.

Only quality please. I do not mind work but I do not want to get rescues.

gary@proherps.com

Gary O
08-21-2007, 06:28 PM
Also now looking for 1.1 pair of Eyelash Vipers.

Gary O
08-23-2007, 04:46 PM
I can not believe I have to post this lol

Please no Venomoids. I will not purchase or sell them. No matter who made them. Thank You.

Vision_Dreamer
08-24-2007, 09:39 PM
What is a venomoid? I am looking for some copperheads do you know anyone selling in Virginia?

Gary O
08-25-2007, 09:08 AM
Not sure who is selling Copperheads in your area. I may have a few for sale out o the personal collection. They are all souterns. But I will be at the Lansing Michigan hot show and the Jackson Ohio Hot Show.

A Venomoid is a venomous snake that has had the duct or gland removed. Many are done by nonvets. There is one vet I know that does this but I still do not agree with it. All I can do is not buy or sell them.

Thanks for the post

Big Boids
08-25-2007, 09:32 PM
If you don't know what a venomoid is you probably shouldn't be getting venomous snakes. If you had done any research at all you would know the answer to most Hot questions.

Vision_Dreamer
08-26-2007, 12:51 AM
OK kool thanks for the Info. I agree will you taking the glands is like taking our saliva glands. IT's inmoral and inhumane. If you do hear anything about copperheads please let me know I am looking very hard for some. Thanks again. BTW I work at a Zoo, the Reptile House to be more specific and I have never heard of venomoids. I would have looked it up but figured I would ask instead.

devenomized
08-28-2007, 08:38 AM
OK kool thanks for the Info. I agree will you taking the glands is like taking our saliva glands. IT's inmoral and inhumane. If you do hear anything about copperheads please let me know I am looking very hard for some. Thanks again. BTW I work at a Zoo, the Reptile House to be more specific and I have never heard of venomoids. I would have looked it up but figured I would ask instead.

You should read more about venomous snakes and copperheads before you purchase one. Working at a Zoo doesn't mean you know everything. Although I respect opinions regarding venomoids, I find it difficult to believe that someone who knows about venomous had never heard about venomoids. Please do your homework on copperheads before buying one. Ask GaryO. He knows a lot about reptiles.

Vision_Dreamer
08-28-2007, 09:04 AM
I Understand what you are saying. Copperheads are one of the species we work with and none of our snake are venomoids. I have heard of people removing the Glands and what not but honestly didn't know that vemonoid was the name given. Well thanks for the info and I will take your advise to heart.

Gary O
09-03-2007, 04:41 PM
Ok back to the topic lol

I am still loking for venomous. Just shoot me an email with list and price

sales@proherps.com

If you are in Ohio/Michigan I can probably pick them up.

I will look at anything. Also thanks to everyone that has helped me out here. Very very nice animals be offered to me and even bought by me! Thanks again.