PDA

View Full Version : New Scams?

Otter_23
01-20-2008, 12:40 PM
On a couple of other forums I am a member of I have recently out of the blue got an instant message from a "new" member introducing themselves. Having been on forums for several years this has never happened before. The first site and first time I thought oh someone new cool, then within a few days on the same site it happened again with someone else. Now on a different site I have gotten the same thing from someone else. I am not very active on these forums so it wasn't because I was a higher profile member, it almost seemed to be a spam mass greeting. Maybe I'm being paranoid but it seemed odd that it has happened 3 times in the last few months on two different sites when it hasn't happened at all in the last 4 years prior. Anyone else have this happen?

Serafim
01-20-2008, 03:33 PM
I have been getting them too... Posts about I am new here and then a quote about budda. yeah I just reply with a quote of my own

Cat_72
01-21-2008, 01:42 AM
Yep, I've gotten a couple of the same.....seemed "off" so I just deleted them.

Mooing Tricycle
01-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Possibly Bots registering? Not sure?

Otter_23
01-21-2008, 12:55 PM
I haven't figured out what the point of them is yet, unless it is just a coincidence and they really are just wanting to introduce themselves.