PDA

View Full Version : How long to wait?

Shadera
09-30-2008, 09:15 PM
A breeder recently promised a refund to me. ASAP was the word used. I do not feel the circumstances surrounding why the refund was promised are important to mention at the moment, but it was said it would be done.

Several days have passed, no money. How long should I wait before taking this to the BOI and taking steps to get my money back through paypal and my credit cards? I really don't want to do this, but an email this afternoon was blown off and I've heard no other update from this person. I don't want to wait too long, since I only have so long for a paypal claim.

Thanks in advance.

~ Shadera Lorrain

mvite
09-30-2008, 11:00 PM
I think one more email to the seller will help.

Maybe they're out buying BLING with your jack.

Just kidding. I am sure they will get back to you before they get eviscerated by the BOI.

Good luck! Starting a BAD GUY thread is no fun either. Although all you did was send money. So at least no one can climb up your keister about that.

Shadera
09-30-2008, 11:17 PM
Yes, I'm trying to be patient since this person is pretty well respected and I hate to get nasty. But you just can't leave someone hanging like this and go flaunting spending cash on another forum. I'll try another email, thank you for the response!

mvite
09-30-2008, 11:23 PM
You could also put flaming bags of dog poop on their porch if you have their addy-- but I would do that AFTER the BOI thread.

mvite
10-03-2008, 09:12 AM
Ohhhhhhhhh Shadi---Any updates?

GottaLuvHerps
10-03-2008, 09:26 AM
You know, I recently had to ask myself this question about when to post a bad guy thread on the BOI (wonder which one LOL), and it was a tough decision. Do I recommend waiting as long as I did? No. But what I do recommend is to send them an email saying you need to hear from them by such-and-such date or you WILL be posting on the BOI. Explain that you do not WANT to go there, but you feel that you are being blown off. If you do not hear from them by that date, then post on the BOI, and then immediately send them a link to the thread so they know it was posted and they can get the chance to respond. KEEP THOSE EMAILS.
You might want to do one more email BEFORE that one though, just a friendly "hey, what's up, I haven't heard from you about my refund and am wondering what is going on" type of thing. Say something like "I would like to hear from you by such and such time" in a friendly manner. Just see how things work out. As we all know, sometimes life just gets in the way of things. But them flaunting around on other forums about spending money DOES make it tough to be patient and understanding, I know.
Just remember, ALWAYS be professional, save EVERYTHING you can about the transaction, and if you do have to go to the BOI, go in with your head up, facts straight, and ability to prove EVERYTHING you claim in a moment's notice. With my issue, I think that helped a lot of people to see that I am being 110% truthful, or at least not doubt that what I am saying I believe to be true (if that makes sense). When going up against someone with a good reputation, it can be difficult, but when you have your stuff straight, your credibility and willingness to provide proof goes a long way. It won't keep ALL of the bashing away, but most of the people there will come at you in a professional manner, no matter if they agree or disagree with you. The ones that don't are usually the known idiots on the board, so you can pay no attention to them. Well, the known idiots or Chuck, but he is a different story all together in more ways than one :rofl: (love ya Chuck!!).
Hope it helps!

Kelly Kordek

Shadera
10-03-2008, 11:50 AM
Thank you Kelly!

Mark, it was resolved peacefully. :thumbsup:

mvite
10-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Good to hear.

I wouldn't wanna be the one to make you mad. :P

Shadera
10-03-2008, 12:03 PM
Just treat me fair, like you'd want to be treated, and that'll never happen. :D

GottaLuvHerps
10-03-2008, 12:09 PM

Sounds like a girl after my own heart with that philosophy! Remind me never to get on your :censored: list as well. LOL

mvite
10-03-2008, 12:47 PM

Deal!