PDA

View Full Version : Business Attitudes

deborahbroadus
10-04-2008, 06:14 PM
By now some of you may have seen the a few "Problem Customer" threads and the lastest was when a business entity jumped the gun before attempting to resolve the issue with the customer in question.

I decided to ask personal opinions over here so that we could figure out how an issue of this nature should be resolved. This is for educational purposes only.

Personally, I don't think it's an absolute issue of right and wrong..even if a business does jump the gun and post an unnecessary bad guy thread. How many of you have gotten angry because of something you perceived someone else doing and completely got the impression wrong and jumped the gun?

Where I'm coming from is: The reptile community isn't so big that any parties can afford to leave "bad blood."

If a business wants "bad" product back then imo, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. If that's how they want to run their business that's their perogative.

However, when two businesses have a "glitch" in their communication..they both should apologize imo. It makes them both look good, and prevents bad blood from perhaps starting as their friends begin to take sides because of this thread farther down the lane.

If it were me, I would apologize for giving the wrong impression...just because that's the kind of person that I am (yes, I can be a B*%C&, but I would hope that if it was business that I had the ability to apologize even if I felt that I was in the right, because it promotes Good Will.

WingedWolf
10-05-2008, 04:44 AM
I think whenever someone makes a mistake like that, the apologies should be prompt, sincere, and public. I honestly think that makes a big difference. I also think that the wronged party should apologize for any part they might have had in the misunderstandings as well--take claim of their own part in the issue, if they have one.

deborahbroadus
10-05-2008, 10:54 AM
I think whenever someone makes a mistake like that, the apologies should be prompt, sincere, and public. I honestly think that makes a big difference. I also think that the wronged party should apologize for any part they might have had in the misunderstandings as well--take claim of their own part in the issue, if they have one.

Exactly! :iagree:

Good Will is not to be sneezed at; the person we ticked off could be someone that could put some business our way. IMO, both sides gain to lose when the focus is on "who's right."

This does not mean that someone that delibrately conned someone just needs to say that they are "sorry" and all is forgiven. That's not what I am getting at. :NoNo:

GottaLuvHerps
10-13-2008, 02:46 PM
Good Will is not to be sneezed at; the person we ticked off could be someone that could put some business our way.

To add my 2 cents, the thing that business professionals need to remember is that people don't talk enough about good service/products, etc, but when something goes wrong, boy do they tell EVERYONE! A simple "I'm sorry" sometimes does such a world of good, and people can view you completely differently by those 2 little words.

On the other side of the coin, a bad customer is talked about fairly often as well, and if you do not want to be "black balled" in this community, you need to know when to swallow your pride and just admit you did/said something wrong as well.

Sometimes, stuff just happens, there is bad communications or misunderstandings, no matter what aspect of life you talk about. It is how you handle those slip-ups that make or break your business (how many times have we heard THAT on the BOI?). I just wish some people, professional or customer, would remember that...

In this industry, as well as most others, customer service is what drives most people, not price. I know I am always willing to pay a little more for just about anything (not gas LOL) just because I know that I will get better service. I am dealing with that right now with my printing needs to advertise the show - sure I can go to a mom and pop type of store and pay less, but what happens if I have a problem? What happens if they shut down? Maybe I am better off going to the "big guys" like Staples or something similar even though its a bit more money? Maybe not. But it is something that drives me as a customer, and that I try to keep in mind as a business professional as well.

Kelly Kordek