PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

dprince
10-10-2008, 12:17 PM
OK, here's the situation............I found a gorgeous caramel albino female ball python on KS. Did a search here - found good guys threads (although a little older.) Contacted the seller, put a deposit down. This was on Sept. 20. I'm now ready to pay off the BP, and have emailed the seller twice now since last Friday - no response. I don't have his phone number, or even the state he's located in (I know, my bad.)

Now, to be fair, I didn't think I'd be able to pay this girl off so early. So, he is not expecting me to pay her off early. However, the lack of communication is - well, it freaks me out a little. As many times as I've seen folks get ripped off...........and now, my gut is feeling, not so confident. :(

So, my dilemma is............I have 30 days to file a complaint with paypal. That makes it 10 days from now. Do I...........keep trying to contact the seller, with a deadline of 10 days from now for some communication? Do I just trust that he might be on vacation, or his computer crashed, or whatever and just can't contact the outside world right now? Any other choices?

I *really* don't want to be paranoid, and panic........but in this day and age, communication is key. Any advice is appreciated. :)

mvite
10-10-2008, 04:05 PM
I say file the complaint. You can apologize later if it turns out to be unwarranted.

I'm sort of an alarmist with this type of stuff--but you owe the seller NOTHING.

shrap
10-10-2008, 04:12 PM
Personally I would give it until Monday/Tuesday considering the big NARBC show is this weekend in Chicago (Tinley Park). Lots of folks go to the big shows a week early. Nothing worse can happen between now and then anyway.

dprince
10-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the input. :) Here's the email I sent out:

Hi John,

I'm starting to get concerned that you haven't contacted me back. :-( I would really like to complete our deal, but since I haven't heard back from you, I don't feel comfortable doing so. Please respond to this email by Oct. 15, 2008, or I will be opening a paypal dispute. I don't want to go this route, but without communication on your end, I feel I have no other choice. My phone number (again) is 530-320-9185. Please respond to this email, or call me as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Debbie Prince :-)

I'll let you guys know what happens. :)

mvite
10-10-2008, 07:13 PM
It's smart that you held onto the rest o' the cash.

The thing about waiting--is that --- well----- I see some animals listed here by a member that you could probably have by the time the other seller gets back to you.

Sellers should stay on their toes. I agree that life can get hectic--but we're talking about some serious dollars.

If you sell online--you should have a means to check your online sales status every day unless there is an emergency. How many iPhones can you get with a caramel albino?

But that's just my personal feeling.

I wish I had a caramel albino I could sell you for the remaining money right now!! :D :D

You will be fine. But poor communication is a pet peeve.

Good luck.

dprince
10-11-2008, 10:04 PM
Just a quickie update.........he did email me today, and said he's been in Florida this past week with his family. So, we'll set up payment and the shipping date. I'll keep you guys in the loop. Thanks again for the advice and support. :D

mvite
10-11-2008, 11:15 PM
good to hear!

dprince
10-15-2008, 02:42 PM
Just thought I'd let you guys know..........I am holding one of the most beautiful (even though she's in shed!! LOL) caramel albinos I've seen!! John came through like a champ. He took great care in explaining how she's been cared for, what she's been fed, the works. Great transaction all around, and I just wanted everyone to know that it worked out well. :D Thanks again for the advice and support everyone!! :D

mvite
10-16-2008, 09:20 AM
That's great news--congrats! I guess I was wrrrrr.... well, you know what I mean!

I am glad you gots the goods!

And ONLINE SELLERS---CHECK YOUR EMAIL EVERY DAY! :D

You can do it through most mobile phones now.

TheFragginDragon
10-16-2008, 09:22 AM
Outstanding news, congrats! And, to quote Moo, "WE NEED PICS!!!!"

Tiger Lilly
01-29-2009, 11:52 PM
I don't believe this is the place to be posting something so totally unrelated to the subject matter. Not to mention that this was a months-old thread, anyway. :NoNo:
You should probably find another forum to start your own thread on... :yesnod:

Cat_72
01-30-2009, 02:07 AM
I don't believe this is the place to be posting something so totally unrelated to the subject matter. Not to mention that this was a months-old thread, anyway. :NoNo:
You should probably find another forum to start your own thread on... :yesnod:

The link they posted leads back to a under-floor heating (like flexwatt) company in the UK. So....apparently, this is an exceptionally dumb spammer, cuz the subject matter in the link would be perfectly acceptable here...if it wasn't disguised spam in an inappropriate post. LOL.

Tiger Lilly
01-30-2009, 03:02 AM
...and poof! It's gone--just like that!