PDA

View Full Version : should this come to the BOI?

xanaxez
10-15-2008, 12:41 AM
well to start off i have been trying to purchase a snake from the forum and i told the guy i wanted it well days have been passing and i have assured the guy i wanted the snake and have been waiting on him to find out about the shipping and so forth. he has been pming me and i have talked to him over the phone and have told over and over i want the snake. now he pmed me this morning saying he needed my mailing info which i gave and also needed my email address to send a paypal request for payment which i provided also. well tonite i get a pm stating that he was sorry but he let a friend get the snake instead of me because it was a definate now deal? i do not see where it was anymore definate of a deal when i have done everything asked and gave all my info and have been waiting patiently for this deal to happen and finish. am i wrong to get a little irritated about this situation after i have been dealing and waiting days for this to finalize and me get the animal i have been trying to get since it was posted on the forum for sale and have been trying to keep in rouch with him and giving him all info needed to get this done to get on here and have a pm telling me im sorry the snake is gone?

hhmoore
10-15-2008, 12:48 AM
Regardless of whether you ultimately decide to post it on the BOI, it doesn't belong there now. (It has been moved to General Business Discusssions)

hhmoore
10-15-2008, 12:54 AM
I suspect that you may garner a small amount of empathy and support, should you choose to post it on the BOI...and probably a fair amount of disagreement, as well. While I don't agree with the seller's methods, he never accepted your money. Maybe he didn't want to sell to you, for some reason...maybe he was looking up for a backup, in case his friend couldn't come up with the cash. Who knows :shrug01:
Yes, you got jerked around, and you wasted some time - I'd be more inclined to simply resume my search.

(sorry about the delay in reopening the thread - I must have double clicked that option and cancelled it back out)

xanaxez
10-15-2008, 01:01 AM
its ok im cooled down now lol i just found it to be bad business. either way so im letting it go so could you delete this post? no need to waste the space of my angered babbling lol.

KelliH
10-15-2008, 02:11 AM
No, it does not.

hhmoore
10-15-2008, 09:30 AM
What are you after? I'm sure someone might be able to point you to a breeder here.
Actually, I'd rather keep that stuff out of this forum. He can post a "wanted" ad, if he wants to...I've seen some people ask for recommendations on where to get certain animals in the specific forums, too (I'm personally not a real big fan of that, but its been done enough that it only hurts for a minute - til I get out of the thread)

* I've been the moderator of this forum for a while, so I have a "special interest" in what goes on here