PDA

View Full Version : Bad Guy "Jim Cortez" or animaltrucker

thelovelessjagg
11-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Scammed me outta $750, and I know there are other people that he scammed too on here. I was ignorant for doing so, but I learnt that the cruel way. I just don't want it to happen to anyone else. Here are the e-mails:

(No Subject)‏

Sent: Thu 10/23/08 11:05 PM
To: thelovelessjagg@hotmail.com
the kits are still available 750.00 includes all shipping and paperwork.

RE: ‏

Sent: Fri 10/24/08 8:51 AM
To: jim cortez (animaltrucker@live.com)
I want the kits. Please call me at (740) 525-9260

Please contact me ASAP!!

Sent: Fri 10/24/08 3:10 PM
To: Meggan Lott (thelovelessjagg@hotmail.com)
I dont currently have phone services.I am relying on my internet service to keep in touch with the world right now.The kits are super tamed and I have them 99% litter box trained.I have all paperwork as well as they are up to date on all shots.I just went through a divorce and am forced to sell the kits thus the reason I am offering them at such a low price as I am actually losing money as I originally gave 1800.00 for the pair.I just want to find them a good loving home not someone just looking to make a quick proffit with them as they are such wonderful little babies.I have recieved about 50 e mails just today on them but i opened yours first so please write me back with your intrest.
I will also need to know what city and state you are from for shipping purposes.I am in El Paso Texas.I will take western union as payment and price includes shipping as well as crate and all paperwork and i will be sending samples of the food i feed them and a couple of their favorite toys.If you are the one to buy them I ask that maybe from time to time you send me pictures as they grow as it breaks my heart to see them go:)
I await your reply.
Thanks
Jim

Sent: Fri 10/24/08 5:36 PM
Yes I am really interested in the kits. They will be going to a very loving home. I have been looking for one for years and been on several waiting lists. I am extrememly happy that I found two. I am not looking for a quick profit. I am seeking these to as loving pets.

I am living in Vincent, OH

If possible could you send them to Wood County Airport. It is located in Parkersburg, West Virginia. It is the closest airport near me.

I can pay using a West Union, but it would be a lot easier if you had a Paypal account?

Please let me know as soon as you can. I am so excited!!!! =]

Sent: Fri 10/24/08 7:30 PM
Hello,
I dont have pay pal and not even a bank acct as i just went through a divorce and my life is a bit out of whack./western union is the fastest way to get payment.You seem like you are very sincere so if you want them they are yours.Just let me know when you can send payment and i will send you western union details.
I am so thankful you contacted me.
I await your reply.
jim

Sent: Fri 10/24/08 7:54 PM
I am so excited you wrote as i have had so manyh animal dealers write me and as i said i want a loving home for the kits not a money hungry person.All i ask is that you keep them together and send me pics from time to time.They are unrelated and will be perfect for making babies when they are older.Now they are just little bundles of joy with so mcuh love to offer nyou and your family.
Write me back if you are for sure interested and as i said i will send you my western union details and if you can wire funds maybe tomorrow then i can have the babies to you next week;)The crate that i am shipping them inn is brand new pet smart with stainless steele hinges.They can sleep comfortably in it at night if you choose")

Sent: Fri 10/24/08 8:58 PM
How will the shipping on the kits be handled...? After you send them off to the airport, how will I know when and how to pick the kits up?

I would really perfer the transaction made through paypal.

www.paypal.com

all you need is a check and banking account. It only takes a couple mins to complete. I am just a very secure person.

Thanks sooo much.

Sent: Fri 10/24/08 8:30 PM
Just got to any major grocery store or k mart and wire the funds western union at the service desk.
Send 750.00 to
Jim Cortez
El Paso ,Texas

Specify to the clerk that your receiver doesnt have a state i.d as i am using a check cashing picture i.d for now and western union doesnt accept that.I lost my drivers license and instead use a test question and answer.
Test Question:What is your favorite food?
Answer:Chile

This way i will have to know the exact question and answer to pick up funds but you must write it exact and specify that i dont have a state picture i.d
After you have sent e mail me full senders name and address as well as mtcn control number.
I will inform you when i pick up funds and yes i can ship to your airport.Most every airport ships animals.
I will plan on getting payment tomorrow.
Just remember to send pics from time to time as they grow:)
Best Wishes
jim

How will the shipping on the kits be handled...? After you send them off to the airport, how will I know when and how to pick the kits up?

www.paypal.com

all you need is a check and banking account. It only takes a couple mins to complete. I am just a very secure person.

Thanks sooo much.

Sent: Fri 10/24/08 10:56 PM
Hello
I do not have a bank account since getting divorced.Sad as it sounds but the past couple of months have been crazy.Starting over from the ground up.Western union is secure as i said i will have to provide the exact test question and answer to pick up funds.I am a very straight up guy a father of 3 mean boys:)
Before I ship the kits I will give you 24 hours advance notice with all shipping details as in flight number and arrival time.I will need the name of the person picking up the kits and you will simply pick up at the cargo pick up at your airport.
If you are still interested please let me know and if you arent comfortable using western union then no hard feelings either way but right now thats the only way i can accept payment.
Sorry to seem like such a hassle.
I will check my e mail tonight to see what you decide as my boys are having friends from church over all night so as you can guess i will not be sleeping much tonight:)But as long as they have fun i dont mind losing a nights sleep:)
jim

Sent: Sat 10/25/08 9:34 AM
Ok, I will get the funds transfered today. I also need your full address. I really want the kits, or else I wouldn't ever do this. I am right now a freshman in college, and I've been saving for a long time just for a fennec fox. Pretty sad, cause that's all I really want. I am really forking up money for a loving pet, rather than my future at success. I'm really glad I found two, and I'm really hoping to get them. Please, if you could would you please try to ship them out as soon as possible. Earlier in the week? The faster they get to me, the easier of mind I feel. Do you also have a state i.d. something that can identify you?

Thanks so much.

Sent: Sat 10/25/08 2:17 PM
I got the funds wired for the fennec foxes. Please contact me asap for the number.

Sent: Sat 10/25/08 10:20 PM

I do not have a valid state that is why you must specify to the clerk i.d is to be waived and use the test question and answer i sent you.I will pick up funds either tomorrow or first thing monday morning if western union is open on sunday i will do it tomorrow.I can get a clean bill of health for shipping from the vet on monday and have shipped by teusday or wednesday.
I need the exact name and city and state funds were sent from along with mtcn control number.I will get the kits to you as soon as possible.I will make sure you are satisfied.Please write me tonight so i have payment info and can get this deal started.
Thanks
I await your e mail.
jim

Sent: Sat 10/25/08 10:37 PM
Perfect!!

I've been checking my e-mail all day today.

The MTCN # is: 788-370-9705

Test Question:

What is my favorite food?

Answer:

Chile

(I know I spelled it wrong, because I was upset at how they charged me $58 to transfer the money and I didn't have enough at the moment so I had to go get more money. haha)

My (Senders) address:

Meggan Lott
2680 Sealy Ridge Rd.
Vincent, OH 45784

If you run into any complications, you should but if you do, tell them they can call me at the provided number.

Tuesday would be a perfect date to get the kits. That way I have axcess to a larger car since I only drive a two seater. Please let me know when you get the money.

Thanks so much.

Sent: Sun 10/26/08 12:34 AM
i will try and pick up tomorrow and will e mail you when safely picked up.Did you remember to tell the clerk i dont have a state i.d???

Sent: Sun 10/26/08 8:37 AM
I meantioned that to her, but she was to busy talking to everyone else to listen to any questions or anything i had to say. If they don't allow you to pick up the funds tell them to contact me on the number I provided to them, but i'm sure if you bring any time of internet bill or birth-cirtificate, or even SS number, anything to identify you. But yes I did mention that to her.

Sent: Sun 10/26/08 3:42 PM
money received.I will call first thing in the morning to try and get a vet appt. to get a health certificate issued for the flight and will let you know after that.

Sent: Mon 10/27/08 3:08 PM
I don't want to seem persistant... but I was wondering if you got a vet appointment for the kits yet? Also when your planning on shipping them.

Thanks.

Sent: Mon 10/27/08 5:00 PM
I got the earliest appointment possible which will be on Thursday as my vet has an assistant that deals specifically with excotics and reptiles.I will e mail you as soon as i finish with the appointment on thursday .

Sent: Wed 10/29/08 5:39 PM
Once you get a vet appointment for the kits tommorrow. When can be the soonest you can get them on the flight here? Thanxxx

Sent: Thu 10/30/08 3:00 PM
I got parasite treatments for the kits today and must run them five days then will get my certificate and ship next week for certain.I will give you all the details as they come along.
thanks

Sent: Sun 11/02/08 1:29 PM
When are you expecting to ship the kits out??? Thanks

Sent: Tue 11/04/08 12:27 PM
Hi, I'm starting to get a bit nervous, because I have heard anything from you. Can you please let me know when your going to ship and if you got the health certificate...please ease my mind

THANKS!!

Sent: Wed 11/05/08 4:42 PM
To: animaltrucker@live.com
Hi, it's me again. I am starting to get VERY upset about not hearing from you. I have contacted western union about where the transfer was picked up at and I am waiting to hear from you by friday, before I take further measures. I was hoping to have the kits yesterday, but am afraid I am being scammed out of my money, that I worked so hard for to buy a fennec and I still have not heard from you after a couple of e-mails I have sent you. Please get in contact with me ASAP, I will be taking measures by friday if I do not hear from you, because security measures. Please do not make me do that, all I want is those to loving baby kits. I will be checking my e-mail occasionally waiting to hear from you. I am NOT trying to rush you, but I am really getting UPSET about this. You told me you would have the health certificate by Monday or Tuesday. I was assuming you would have shipped them by today. I am sorry if I seem rude, but I am very stressed about this and I really want ease of mind. So PLEASE get in contact with me by Friday. As I said before I do not want to have to take other measures.

Please contact me ASAP.

Thanks!!

***meggan lott***

thelovelessjagg
11-12-2008, 03:21 PM
As for everything else his IP address is 205.144.218.234 so beware if someone e-mails you with that IP address and never EVER do Western Union no matter what!!! I don't want anyone to get as upset as I did about this and as other people who were scammed by him did. He is using several names, places, and e-mails so beware!!

He mostly sells Fennec foxes or Coatamundi Baby from what I have seen

http://74.125.45.104/search?q=cache:eOjnD2s1TacJ:www.faunaclassifieds.c om/forums/showthread.php%3Fp%3D635836+animaltrucker.live&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

after he / she finds a victim they delted their posts.

thelovelessjagg
11-12-2008, 03:21 PM
As for everything else his IP address is 205.144.218.234 so beware if someone e-mails you with that IP address and never EVER do Western Union no matter what!!! I don't want anyone to get as upset as I did about this and as other people who were scammed by him did. He is using several names, places, and e-mails so beware!!

He mostly sells Fennec foxes or Coatamundi Baby from what I have seen

http://74.125.45.104/search?q=cache:eOjnD2s1TacJ:www.faunaclassifieds.c om/forums/showthread.php%3Fp%3D635836+animaltrucker.live&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

after he / she finds a victim they delted their posts.

sorry,
***meggan lott***

MikeCurtin
11-12-2008, 04:18 PM
Sucks you got taken....at least now you know what to look for. I would contact the local FBI because his wording reminds me of the classic Nigerian scammers, but the last time I notified them, they told me it wasn't worth the trouble. It seems they're really hard to track down, so the Feds have just decided not to bother. Yes, I'm serious. This was the Newark, NJ office.

xanaxez
11-12-2008, 06:23 PM
Scammed me outta $750, and I know there are other people that he scammed too on here. I was ignorant for doing so, but I learnt that the cruel way. I just don't want it to happen to anyone else. Here are the e-mails:

(No Subject)‏

Sent: Thu 10/23/08 11:05 PM
To: thelovelessjagg@hotmail.com
the kits are still available 750.00 includes all shipping and paperwork.

Sent: Fri 10/24/08 8:51 AM
I want the kits. Please call me at (740) 525-9260

Please contact me ASAP!!

Sent: Fri 10/24/08 3:10 PM
I dont currently have phone services.I am relying on my internet service to keep in touch with the world right now.The kits are super tamed and I have them 99% litter box trained.I have all paperwork as well as they are up to date on all shots.I just went through a divorce and am forced to sell the kits thus the reason I am offering them at such a low price as I am actually losing money as I originally gave 1800.00 for the pair.I just want to find them a good loving home not someone just looking to make a quick proffit with them as they are such wonderful little babies.I have recieved about 50 e mails just today on them but i opened yours first so please write me back with your intrest.
I will also need to know what city and state you are from for shipping purposes.I am in El Paso Texas.I will take western union as payment and price includes shipping as well as crate and all paperwork and i will be sending samples of the food i feed them and a couple of their favorite toys.If you are the one to buy them I ask that maybe from time to time you send me pictures as they grow as it breaks my heart to see them go:)
I await your reply.
Thanks
Jim

Sent: Fri 10/24/08 5:36 PM
Yes I am really interested in the kits. They will be going to a very loving home. I have been looking for one for years and been on several waiting lists. I am extrememly happy that I found two. I am not looking for a quick profit. I am seeking these to as loving pets.

I am living in Vincent, OH

If possible could you send them to Wood County Airport. It is located in Parkersburg, West Virginia. It is the closest airport near me.

I can pay using a West Union, but it would be a lot easier if you had a Paypal account?

Please let me know as soon as you can. I am so excited!!!! =]

Sent: Fri 10/24/08 7:30 PM
Hello,
I dont have pay pal and not even a bank acct as i just went through a divorce and my life is a bit out of whack./western union is the fastest way to get payment.You seem like you are very sincere so if you want them they are yours.Just let me know when you can send payment and i will send you western union details.
I am so thankful you contacted me.
I await your reply.
jim

Sent: Fri 10/24/08 7:54 PM
I am so excited you wrote as i have had so manyh animal dealers write me and as i said i want a loving home for the kits not a money hungry person.All i ask is that you keep them together and send me pics from time to time.They are unrelated and will be perfect for making babies when they are older.Now they are just little bundles of joy with so mcuh love to offer nyou and your family.
Write me back if you are for sure interested and as i said i will send you my western union details and if you can wire funds maybe tomorrow then i can have the babies to you next week;)The crate that i am shipping them inn is brand new pet smart with stainless steele hinges.They can sleep comfortably in it at night if you choose")

www.paypal.com

Thanks sooo much.

Sent: Fri 10/24/08 8:30 PM
Just got to any major grocery store or k mart and wire the funds western union at the service desk.
Send 750.00 to
Jim Cortez
El Paso ,Texas

Specify to the clerk that your receiver doesnt have a state i.d as i am using a check cashing picture i.d for now and western union doesnt accept that.I lost my drivers license and instead use a test question and answer.
Test Question:What is your favorite food?
Answer:Chile
This way i will have to know the exact question and answer to pick up funds but you must write it exact and specify that i dont have a state picture i.d
After you have sent e mail me full senders name and address as well as mtcn control number.
I will inform you when i pick up funds and yes i can ship to your airport.Most every airport ships animals.
I will plan on getting payment tomorrow.
Just remember to send pics from time to time as they grow:)
Best Wishes
jim

www.paypal.com

Thanks sooo much.

Sent: Fri 10/24/08 10:56 PM
Hello
I do not have a bank account since getting divorced.Sad as it sounds but the past couple of months have been crazy.Starting over from the ground up.Western union is secure as i said i will have to provide the exact test question and answer to pick up funds.I am a very straight up guy a father of 3 mean boys:)
Before I ship the kits I will give you 24 hours advance notice with all shipping details as in flight number and arrival time.I will need the name of the person picking up the kits and you will simply pick up at the cargo pick up at your airport.
If you are still interested please let me know and if you arent comfortable using western union then no hard feelings either way but right now thats the only way i can accept payment.
Sorry to seem like such a hassle.
I will check my e mail tonight to see what you decide as my boys are having friends from church over all night so as you can guess i will not be sleeping much tonight:)But as long as they have fun i dont mind losing a nights sleep:)
jim

Sent: Sat 10/25/08 9:34 AM
Ok, I will get the funds transfered today. I also need your full address. I really want the kits, or else I wouldn't ever do this. I am right now a freshman in college, and I've been saving for a long time just for a fennec fox. Pretty sad, cause that's all I really want. I am really forking up money for a loving pet, rather than my future at success. I'm really glad I found two, and I'm really hoping to get them. Please, if you could would you please try to ship them out as soon as possible. Earlier in the week? The faster they get to me, the easier of mind I feel. Do you also have a state i.d. something that can identify you?

Thanks so much.

Sent: Sat 10/25/08 2:17 PM
I got the funds wired for the fennec foxes. Please contact me asap for the number.

Sent: Sat 10/25/08 10:20 PM

I do not have a valid state that is why you must specify to the clerk i.d is to be waived and use the test question and answer i sent you.I will pick up funds either tomorrow or first thing monday morning if western union is open on sunday i will do it tomorrow.I can get a clean bill of health for shipping from the vet on monday and have shipped by teusday or wednesday.
I need the exact name and city and state funds were sent from along with mtcn control number.I will get the kits to you as soon as possible.I will make sure you are satisfied.Please write me tonight so i have payment info and can get this deal started.
Thanks
I await your e mail.
jim

Sent: Sat 10/25/08 10:37 PM
Perfect!!

I've been checking my e-mail all day today.

The MTCN # is: 788-370-9705

Test Question:

What is my favorite food?

Answer:

Chile

(I know I spelled it wrong, because I was upset at how they charged me $58 to transfer the money and I didn't have enough at the moment so I had to go get more money. haha)

My (Senders) address:

Meggan Lott
2680 Sealy Ridge Rd.
Vincent, OH 45784

If you run into any complications, you should but if you do, tell them they can call me at the provided number.

Tuesday would be a perfect date to get the kits. That way I have axcess to a larger car since I only drive a two seater. Please let me know when you get the money.

Thanks so much.

Sent: Sun 10/26/08 12:34 AM
i will try and pick up tomorrow and will e mail you when safely picked up.Did you remember to tell the clerk i dont have a state i.d???

Sent: Sun 10/26/08 8:37 AM
I meantioned that to her, but she was to busy talking to everyone else to listen to any questions or anything i had to say. If they don't allow you to pick up the funds tell them to contact me on the number I provided to them, but i'm sure if you bring any time of internet bill or birth-cirtificate, or even SS number, anything to identify you. But yes I did mention that to her.

Sent: Sun 10/26/08 3:42 PM
money received.I will call first thing in the morning to try and get a vet appt. to get a health certificate issued for the flight and will let you know after that.

Sent: Mon 10/27/08 3:08 PM
I don't want to seem persistant... but I was wondering if you got a vet appointment for the kits yet? Also when your planning on shipping them.

Thanks.

Sent: Mon 10/27/08 5:00 PM
I got the earliest appointment possible which will be on Thursday as my vet has an assistant that deals specifically with excotics and reptiles.I will e mail you as soon as i finish with the appointment on thursday .

Sent: Wed 10/29/08 5:39 PM
Once you get a vet appointment for the kits tommorrow. When can be the soonest you can get them on the flight here? Thanxxx

Sent: Thu 10/30/08 3:00 PM
I got parasite treatments for the kits today and must run them five days then will get my certificate and ship next week for certain.I will give you all the details as they come along.
thanks

Sent: Sun 11/02/08 1:29 PM
When are you expecting to ship the kits out??? Thanks

Sent: Tue 11/04/08 12:27 PM
Hi, I'm starting to get a bit nervous, because I have heard anything from you. Can you please let me know when your going to ship and if you got the health certificate...please ease my mind

THANKS!!

Sent: Wed 11/05/08 4:42 PM
To: animaltrucker@live.com
Hi, it's me again. I am starting to get VERY upset about not hearing from you. I have contacted western union about where the transfer was picked up at and I am waiting to hear from you by friday, before I take further measures. I was hoping to have the kits yesterday, but am afraid I am being scammed out of my money, that I worked so hard for to buy a fennec and I still have not heard from you after a couple of e-mails I have sent you. Please get in contact with me ASAP, I will be taking measures by friday if I do not hear from you, because security measures. Please do not make me do that, all I want is those to loving baby kits. I will be checking my e-mail occasionally waiting to hear from you. I am NOT trying to rush you, but I am really getting UPSET about this. You told me you would have the health certificate by Monday or Tuesday. I was assuming you would have shipped them by today. I am sorry if I seem rude, but I am very stressed about this and I really want ease of mind. So PLEASE get in contact with me by Friday. As I said before I do not want to have to take other measures.

Please contact me ASAP.

Thanks!!

***meggan lott***

although i find alot of mistakes with this deal i will only highlight/bold the most common ones. i am sorry for your loss and hope it doesnt happen again but he gave your several clues to make you beware and they were all ignored.

xanaxez
11-12-2008, 06:27 PM
that was basically an open door for him to scam you due to the requiring of a state id or drivers license being showed tossed out the window and only making him answer a question. now niether you or western union knows who the guy is since id wasnt required.

Suncoast Herpetological
11-12-2008, 06:38 PM
that was basically an open door for him to scam you due to the requiring of a state id or drivers license being showed tossed out the window and only making him answer a question. now niether you or western union knows who the guy is since id wasnt required.

That would have been the waving Red Flag for me as well.

thelovelessjagg
11-12-2008, 08:10 PM
That would have been the waving Red Flag for me as well.

I didn't make this post to have everyone tell me what I did wrong. I figured that out the hard way, like I said I was not paying much attention to anything I was just so excited that I didn't really care. So please stop with all the negativity. I created this post to aware other members about this scammer.

Thanks,
Meggan Lott

JudyC
11-12-2008, 08:14 PM
I didn't make this post to have everyone tell me what I did wrong. I figured that out the hard way, like I said I was not paying much attention to anything I was just so excited that I didn't really care. So please stop with all the negativity. I created this post to aware other members about this scammer.

Thanks,
Meggan Lott

Perhaps though....someone else who is young and naive will read this post and be able to learn from your mistakes as well....so it's not really negative to point out the red flags. SOMEone might learn from this. ;)

Suncoast Herpetological
11-12-2008, 08:34 PM

Thanks,
Meggan Lott

Meggan

I don't think any of us are intending to be negative. We are simply pointing out the specific points in the transaction that are indicators of a scam. All of us are sorry you got taken. If this is here to warn others, the major factors should be identified.

thelovelessjagg
11-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Perhaps though....someone else who is young and naive will read this post and be able to learn from your mistakes as well....so it's not really negative to point out the red flags. SOMEone might learn from this. ;)

SOME of the others who were scammed by him / her wern't YOUNG and NAIVE so quit stereotyping.

**meggan lott**

John E Dove
11-12-2008, 10:03 PM
Ms. Lott,
Please stop looking for points to be offended by.
The point being made was that your bad experience may prove a useful lesson for others.
Most people who fall for the Western Union scam tend to be less experienced which on the average would tend to be younger people. Yes there are older people with less experience, or who were seeking the to good to be true deal, who have been scammed this way. But on the whole it tends to happen to the inexperience.
Your thread is unlikely to effect this person by name since he or she is probably using an alias but it may go a long way toward helping others to learn/remember not to send payment via Western Union unless they can positively verify the person they are paying is someone they can trust.

Royal Morphz
11-12-2008, 10:06 PM
SOME of the others who were scammed by him / her wern't YOUNG and NAIVE so quit stereotyping.

**meggan lott**

I say this would be a great representation of someone that doesn't need our help but just wanted to come to the BOI to warn everyone. That is only part of what the BOI is hun. The other part is for us to help you realize where you "screwed the pooch" in your deal. I'm being frank so don't take offense, but Im responding to your attitude. What makes anyone want to help someone who so clearly doesnt want our help?

Wolfy-hound
11-12-2008, 10:13 PM
By the wording, you were not being called 'young and naive'. Its referring to others who might be young and naive. You could be old and naive, or just too trusting. I'd call you naive, just because you got over excited at a 'deal' and went ahead with it, despite his not answering your questions. That's how scammers work. They make sure the offer makes you forget the inconsistancies.
To be more concise and not quoting the entirety of the thread, here's some of the Red Flags
#1 No address, phone number, personal info offered.
#2 Western Union, without I.D.
#3 Claims of personal issues that cause the non-availability of reasonable requests, such as I.D., bank accounts, paypal info, shipping info, health certificates, etc.
#4 Repeated assurances that there are "many other offers" but YOU are the special one that the scammer has picked out for the deal. (who knows how many others were told the same, and maybe even sent monies as well!)
#5 Payment sent to any address other than the seller's shipping from address. Especially a Red Flag if it's in another state. A variant is sometimes "My friend is going to recieve the funds for me", where the supposed friend is owed money, or has the animals, or will transfer funds because of credit issues.
#6 It's a real "deal", where the animals offered are rarely found, especially at the price. Repeated advising of how the scammer paid more for them, but "has to sell" due to some made up story.
I hope you do get your money back. I'd advise you to try to find out the scammers name and address, so that you can file charges. I REALLY hope that your misfortune can teach others some of the warning signs of a deal that shouldn't be taken.
Theresa Baker

Dennis Hultman
11-12-2008, 10:38 PM
Just a FYI,

Part of this transaction was covered in this thread.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121054

The scammer mentioned here was also using these user names on this forum.

adamhale
animaltrucker
heatheringram
marklawson
jennysmith

JudyC
11-12-2008, 11:02 PM

**meggan lott**

I'm not stereotyping anybody. All I suggested was that other people can learn from this thread, so it's not entirely negative. "Young" people (ie: inexperienced) and/or "naive" (ie: too trusting or too eager for that too-good-deal) people might learn something.

From your very own words in your own e-mails, you seem to fall into both categories....but that's not at all what I was trying to say to begin with. And there's nothing wrong with being either young OR naive.....so long as you're willing to grow and learn.

Royal Morphz
11-12-2008, 11:06 PM
I'm not stereotyping anybody. All I suggested was that other people can learn from this thread, so it's not entirely negative. "Young" people (ie: inexperienced) and/or "naive" (ie: too trusting or too eager for that too-good-deal) people might learn something.

From your very own words in your own e-mails, you seem to fall into both categories....but that's not at all what I was trying to say to begin with. And there's nothing wrong with being either young OR naive.....so long as you're willing to grow and learn.

:iagree:

MiIguanaLvr
11-13-2008, 01:10 AM

**meggan lott**

Megan,

You need to remember that YOU brought this problem here. No one nosed into your business. You put your business here.

If you do not like the comments and remarks, just stop reading the responses.