PDA

View Full Version : Wanted high white

all_american
01-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Well, its getting closer for tegu's to stop brumating. I am looking for a high white male argentine tegu or blue tegu. Captive born and raised. Not looking for giant tegu's. so if you have one or know of one out there for sale. Please feel free to PM me with a quote for the animal and shipping to a zip code of 37055.

Open to females too, but rather have a male.

Thanks,
Ed

BSM1
01-29-2009, 09:39 PM
contact bobby at varnyard as he may have some for sale.

Bryan

all_american
02-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Thought of that, but I don't want a Chocan (spelled wrong) tegu other wise known as giant tegu's. Just a nice high white black and white is what I am looking for.

Something will pop up I am sure.
Ed

thebluee
03-02-2009, 08:37 PM
if you find someone that has many could you let me know? I'm also interested in a blue.

gisherps
03-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Well, Bobby may have some very nice high whites coming this season. (not Chacoan-though he has those as well) While I would say that's your best bet for selection and quality, they do change a LOT as they grow and what started off as a primarily white tegu could turn darker, normal-ish or even whiter. There's no way to be certain of the outcome of your little tegu when it's fully grown, unfortunately.
That said, Varnyard is the best bet for what you're looking for as he breeds for temperament, size and color.(and he's taking deposits now!) There are none available as of yet, so you'd have to wait. UNLESS you get REALLY lucky and find someone tired of their animal.
Good luck to ya!:thumbsup:

tlangerwerf
03-14-2009, 02:12 PM
I got a mostly white female.

Contact me here: timo2@earthlink.net

Located in Alabama.

Thanks
Timo

all_american
03-14-2009, 04:30 PM
I would be more than happy to see her please

tlangerwerf
03-14-2009, 06:36 PM
http://www.agamainternational.com/images/tegu/Arg%20BW%20tegu,%20my%20whitest%20one.JPG

and

http://www.agamainternational.com/images/tegu/arg%20bw%20tegu%20whitest%20one.JPG

I am most easily reached by direct email contact, timo2@earthlink.net

There also is a male in the same cage, about the same size, with more white than usual.

thebluee
03-14-2009, 10:13 PM
if he doesn't take her I will, she's beautiful!

all_american
03-15-2009, 12:32 PM
an email was sent to you....

all_american
03-16-2009, 03:52 PM
if he doesn't take her I will, she's beautiful!

He does not want to sell right now. He would not give me a price, seems he is waiting on a bidding war for highest price. Would. Have been polite not to have posted it to me if he didn't want to sell it, IMO

reptodude
03-18-2009, 02:18 PM
Thats Timo for ya!

I'm sure hes wanting over $1k for his fathers tegu.

thebluee
03-18-2009, 05:57 PM
yeaa...I emailed him and he said the highest bid so far is 1000, I was like thanks but no thanks! lol

Wolfy-hound
03-18-2009, 06:31 PM
$1000.00 would not be unreasonable at all for that tegu. It's drop dead gorgeous, and not a hatchling.
Sad to say, I'm near full up here, and short of cash.
DaveDragons sometimes has blues(on thetegu) and GotTegus01 I believe has arg B&W, reds, and maybe blues(on reptilegeeks).
Good luck finding a great tegu for you!

thebluee
03-18-2009, 06:36 PM
oh no I deffinatly know its not unreasonable. She's deffinatly worth that much to me. But unfortunatly I dont have the money right now..and thanks for your help!

all_american
03-19-2009, 10:30 AM
Oh, she is gorgous to say the least. Unfortunatly its not a genetic trait that can be traced. Its from line breeding high whites to high whites. So, in my opinion if you don't have many high whites of different linages, they will eventually revert back to normal looking B/W tegu's.

Being penned up with many males. there is absolutly no way to find out who the father was unless gene testing were to be done. Which I am sure is pretty expensive to test them all.

Best wishes to the one who gets her, I can tell you it will NOT be me.