PDA

View Full Version : black and white tegu i dont know what to do now

RAPreptiles
11-20-2009, 04:13 PM
QUESTION I GOT A BLACK AND WHITE TEGU ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO AND HE WONT EAT ALL HE WOULD TAKE IS SCRAMBLED EGGS BUT NOT EVEN THAT NOMORE AND HES LOST WEIGHT NOT ACTIVE AT ALL AND WHENEVER HE GETS IN WATER OR TOUCHS IT HIS WHOLE BODY SHAKES LIKE HE CANT CONTROL IT AND HE BARLEY WALKS NOW AND HE HASNT GOT ANY BIGGER AND IM TRYN TO KNOW IF ANYBODY CAN HELP OR IS IT TO LATE AND LET NATURE DO ITS COURSE?

GraphiK
11-20-2009, 04:44 PM
What kind of lighting do you have on the Tegu? Have you been supplementing the scrambled eggs? Are you positive he isn't slowing down due to hibernation?

If you no longer wish to keep your tegu I would be happy to take him, I have two others now so he would just be another part of the family. Just don't "let nature do its course" No need to let an animal die when it can be saved.

RAPreptiles
11-20-2009, 04:49 PM
yes i do and i use a 75 watt light.and to be honest i want to keep and get him better .about the hibernation..i dont think hes in that because he does move around some but not like usual and i try to give him water but he freaks out .he has like dents in his tail not sure about that either

GraphiK
11-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Do you only have a 75 watt light? Are you providing uvb light? Can you post pictures of the tegu and the enclosure?

JordanAng420
11-20-2009, 05:25 PM
Agreed. Pictures and more information regarding husbandry would be helpful. Some things to include...
~What kind of enclosure is he in and where is it located?
~Exactly what kind of lighting are you using? UVA? UVB? What wattage or percent?
~Has he been OFFERED anything besided scrambled eggs?
~Supplements? How often? What kind?
~How old is he and how much does he weigh?

And please don't take this question the wrong way it's meant so that I could help you further...Did you research Tegus before you adopted one?