PDA

View Full Version : Partial eye cap?

AdamR
07-11-2010, 09:55 PM
I have a small (300g) male that seems to have what looks like a partial eye cap over one eye:shrug01:. I have tried to remove it with a damp cloth and baths but nothing has worked. He always sheds perfectly. His temps stay between 85-89 on warm side and 80-85 on cool in a 20g tank. His humidity stays around 55-60. The more that I examine him, it seems to be something like a cataract under his cornea and I have noticed he can't see as well from that side. Anyone encountered this? Is this serious:(? He is my favorite so I handle him daily and this has been there for a couple months. Any help would be great, thanks!

dturner100
07-11-2010, 11:21 PM
I have a female with this problem, and there's really nothing that you can do. If it seems to stay the same even through soaking and shedding than it's probably a blind eye. To tell you the truth I wouldn't bother with it as you can often deflate an eye trying to remove something which can lead to bigger problems.

If it's not infected, and isn't a stuck eye cap I'd have her checked by a vet but it's probably just a blind eye which if she's eating and what not then it's not a big deal.

Hell my girl with one eye is probably my favorite snake ( out of over 100 ) :)