PDA

View Full Version : Abbreviations

Turtled
08-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Hi all,

I'm new and I'm not up on all the abbreviations used in some posts. Such as PM, bump, etc... Could someone pretty please tell me what some of these abbreviations mean? Thanks!

hhmoore
08-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Your thread has been moved from the classifieds.
PM = private message
This is a means of communicating with other members. When used in conjunction with the classifieds, it allows people to interact while keeping specifics out of the public eye...as opposed to discussing prices, or making offers, in the middle of the thread, for example.

bump - aka bring up my post
This is how some people move their ads to the top of the classifieds. A handy feature that (IMO) gets annoying when used excessively.

1.2 - this is a common shorthand method of saying how many males and females there are. The number to the left of the decimal indicates the number of males, the number to the right is females....so 1.2 would be 1 male, 2 females; 5.3 would be 5 males, 3 females. Sometimes you will see 3 numbers: 3.4.2 or 0.0.12 - the last number is the number of unknowns, whether it be because they are too young to sex, difficult to sex, or the findings left some doubt in the seller's mind.

Turtled
08-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Great Thanks!