PDA

View Full Version : Animal Plastics Cages(Wantapet.com)

David R.
06-10-2003, 07:57 AM
By using the search feature I was able find some comments about their racks, but I'm looking for comments about their cages, especially larger cages. Has anyone here used them? Are they easy to put together? Are they suitable for Boas and Pythons? I would love to hear from anyone who has had experience with these cages. Just looking for comments about this brand of cages, as I'm already aware of the others(Barr's, Precision, Vision, etc.) Thank you.

David Rivers

David R.
06-11-2003, 05:24 PM
Thanks to everyone who has read my post. Evidently this line of cages are so new that no one has tried them. In the mean time if I decide to go ahead and try them, I will gladly let you folks know my thoughts on them.

Attn: Webslave
Since this post is getting no response activity, why not just delete it so it will not just be sitting here taking up space. I may try again later. Thanks!

Thank you.

David Rivers

Animal Plastics
06-11-2003, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the inquiry, I quess one way to look at no response from our point of view is that there is no negative comments :D

We are very new, any question you might have just send me an email.

wantapet@msn.com

Thanks again,

Mark Mertens

ms_terese
06-11-2003, 05:39 PM
Mark, do you maybe have references that you can supply David so he can get some feedback about the cages?

David, this thread will stay up, and hopefully you can give a big thumbs up after you complete your deal!

WebSlave
06-11-2003, 06:02 PM
There is nothing inherently wrong with being new in the business. Matter of fact, if new people and businesses are NOT coming into this field, we all might as well fold up our tents and move on down the road ourselves.

GeckosbyDesign
06-11-2003, 06:02 PM
I have their rack system and am very pleased with it. The customer service was excellent. I would expect no less with their cages.
hope this helps,
Bruce Davis

Animal Plastics
06-11-2003, 06:15 PM
It is definately tough being the new guy on the block. I completely understand that it is difficult to spend the kind of money needed for a decent cage without seeing it. We plan to be very active with reptile shows in the near future. We will be attending Daytona.

I will definately get some references posted soon.

Bruce, thanks for the compliment, by the way our belly heat system is done, would you like to swap yours with the new one now?

Thanks
Mark Mertens
Animal Plastics

OdysseyReptiles
06-11-2003, 07:24 PM
Would just like everyone to know that Mark is a great guy to do buisness with, Although i havn't purchased any of his cages(which i will in the near future) i have seen them and they are some of the best i've seen, I have purchased several animals from him over the last few years and I buy all my feeders from him, he has always given me great customer service, And i will continue doing buisness with him, I would expect nothing less when come to his cages.

Thanks,
Bob Kite

robin d.
06-11-2003, 07:36 PM
in trying out some of these for myself, i have a friend who purchased some and can't be happier. she just loves them. sooo hopefully soon i 'll have more to add =o)

MikeWilbanks
06-11-2003, 11:20 PM
I have seen their racks at a show and I really like them. They look like they are very durable and well built. I told a friend of mine about them, he just ordered some and will be receiving them soon, so I can see how they are in use. Mark also seems really concerned about customer service.

KelliH
06-12-2003, 01:40 AM
I can't comment ont he cages as we do not have those (yet!) but the racks I purchased are an excellent product I could not be happier with them. The plastic they are made of is relatively lightweight yet also extremely durable. I would not hesitate to purchase cages from these guys.

Zues
06-13-2003, 04:15 PM
I just recieved my rack with belly heat and it is a wonderful product. The workmanship on the rack is some of the best i've seen. Customer service was great. I was told that turn around was about two weeks but I had my rack in a little over a week. I havn't seen their cages but with quality products like this you can't go wrong. Thanks Mark I'm sure we will do business again.
Clay Rhodes

RichH
06-17-2003, 05:20 PM
I'm considering making a purchase for 3 (S17's) of these racks and am curious to know if all who have purchased these racks/cages still feel the same way today as they did when they first received their racks/cages from Animal Plastics. I have been buying from another highly recommended cage/rack producer but Animal Plastics model S17's dimensions will fit our current expansion plans a little better, or should I say fit in our limited spaced herp room a little easier.

Thanks, Rich Hebron

GeckosbyDesign
06-17-2003, 06:17 PM
They have a very good product at an affordable rate.
thanks
Bruce Davis

RichH
06-17-2003, 07:58 PM
Thanks for your input. We are mulling over all the info and exploring many avenues. Not only with herp racks but rodent racks now as well.

We have been working with herps for over 25 years and have just decided to knock it up several notches in developing a facility aside from our House to continue with our Hobby. So all things have changed since my first posting. We will have MUCH more space...

Glad though to see so many options available in reptile housing. Whatever decision we make looks like a winner as all the products I have looked into ,over the past few days, seem top notch.

Rich Hebron

lolaophidia
06-23-2003, 01:19 PM
I ordered a 7 shelf rack and Helix DBS-1000 thermostat through Chameleon Condos. I had questions about the rack and heating and Mike at C.C. has been very helpful. I ended up getting a custom rack, heated only on the top 4 shelves with the back heat cable. Mike called to discuss my heating options as Animal Plastics has started offering belly heat. Shipping was prompt and even with the custom work, I received the rack in a little less than 2 weeks. I just assembled it last night (only took 20 minutes) and it appears to be very sturdy and well fitted. I still haven't gotten everything wired up and running, but should have boxes and thermostat in place within the next couple days. My only suggestion (to Animal Plastics) would be to have a plug already wired to the heat cable so that it would be ready to plug in. There was a hole in the shipping box where the plug end would have been, so I'm not sure if it was lost in shipping or never existed. I'll ask Animal Plastics about it. Mike did everything he said he would and responded promptly to all my questions. I would do business with him again and also recommend Animal Plastics for caging.

Animal Plastics
06-23-2003, 01:43 PM
Lora,

I am a bit concerned, does there look to be any damage to the cord. With back heat we do ship with the plug attatched, I wonder if it did end up poking through the box and was ripped off.

Would you like me to send you another plug? With belly heat we do not attach the plug to ensure that the end user thinks about it before they just plug it in. The cable (with belly heat) would definately get to hot for the animals without a thermostat or rheostat.

Sorry about the trouble. Did the end of the cord look as though a plug was attached to it?

Thanks
Mark Mertens
Animal Plastics, Inc

lolaophidia
06-23-2003, 01:57 PM
Mark,
The orange cord doesn't look to be damaged other than missing the plug on the end. About an inch of exposed wire is showing at the end of the orange insulated covering. The heat rope looks fine from what I can tell. I had planned to run by the hardware store this evening to see if I could find a replacement plug (have to buy the boxes anyway) so if you can tell me what to look for, it would save me a little time... I'm thinking it got damaged in shipping due to the hole in the box. Thanks for the speedy response! Also, the instructions on assembly were great!

Animal Plastics
06-23-2003, 03:03 PM
Lora,

Just look for a standard two prong plug, they normally run about $2.99 to $3.99. I will email you with my cell phone number in case you get there and have problems finding a plug.

Thanks
Mark Mertens

Socalz
07-05-2003, 04:47 PM
I ordered an S17 rack with back heat from Animal Plastics yesterday. After it arrives and is assembled, I'd be more than happy to post a mini "product review" for anyone who is interested.

Steve Pottberg

LeosAnonymous
07-07-2003, 03:09 AM
I'm also about to order some racks from you guys, but would like some clarrification in regards to website...

It seems that the info in the red box and description section on the rack page on your website has some mistakes.

You have S15 labeled twice in the red box (instead of S17) and it also states that S15/17 hold 9 rubbermaids in the red box, but then says 7 in the description section.

Most of this can be figured out using common sense... but it would be a shame for someone to order the wrong unit because of the mistakes.

Just something I noticed.

E2MacPets
07-07-2003, 03:35 AM
Thanks for the heads up Ross, I'll let Mark know when I speak with him tomorrow. I'm actually going to be selling Animal Plastics products if all goes well. I have nothing but good things to say about Mark and his products and am looking forward to to offering his cages and racks on my webpage and at expos.

Animal Plastics
07-08-2003, 09:51 AM
Thanks for pointing out the errors on the page, I will get those corrected ASAP. You are right, I would hate to have someone not get what they thought they ordered because of my typo's.

Thanks to all

Mark Mertens
Animal Plastics

BallsGalore
01-13-2004, 05:57 AM
I am from just out side the Des Moines, Ia (Johnston)location they are at I know them personnaly. I also own a rack from them it works great. They have the larger cages in the store with animals in them. They seem to be fine as well. I would trust anything they have sold or will be selling. In my own dealing they are very honest and have wonderful products. I will be purchasing 2 cages and 2 more rack in the near future.

The only way to make them more known is to try them for yourself and spread the good word.

Thanks Mark and Ali,
Tyson Edwards

NeoScales
01-13-2004, 11:23 AM
A little late on the thread…:)

I’ve got a couple of cages from Animal Plastics and I love them! All of my Retic cages will be turned over to T-15’s and T-25’s by mid-spring.

We get a lot of questions on the BCF about them and I’ve written extensively on the reasons why I think they are the best quality and price per cages on the market for large snakes – so do a 60 day search there and you’ll find lots of references and opinions.

But here’s my short list…
• Virtually Stain-Proof (easy to clean)
• Ability to be broken-down and moved easily
• Strong as hell!!! (no bowing with heavy constrictors)
• Material conducts and hold heat very well
• Absolute flush stacking, tight clean fit and appearance
• Option to sell and ship anywhere via normal shippers later
• Finally, Mark and the other AP folks provide the best service that you can get – there is no better thing than that!

-Randy "Lyncheyez" May

rhacoholic83
01-13-2004, 03:48 PM
I purchased an AP rack, the S17 about a week ago and put it together this past weekend. Everything went together well and I was happy with the quality.

Only problem I had, which was not really a problem, was realizing that it takes a while for the whole unit to heat up. This rack is definitely a great buy. I would never get a melamine rack again. I have herps that need high humidity and with the plastic I don't have to worry about warping as with melamine.

Mark and Ali are great, they care alot about their product and answer emails quickly. Definitely a top notch company.

Simon Lin

gila7150
07-08-2004, 01:41 PM
I received my Animal Plastics 45 tub Iris hatchling rack this morning and I am extremely happy with it. It was easy to assemble and went together perfectly.
I am very impressed with both the quality of the product and the customer service I received from Mark and Ali.
I will definitely be doing business with Animal Plastics again!