PDA

View Full Version : Ball X woma python hybrid general questions?

tracy reptile co.
09-30-2010, 06:25 PM
Ball X woma python hybrid general questions?
ok i have a woma python and i want to breed it to a ball python, i know its been done its called the wall. i just have a few questions.

1. has anyone ever bred a morph ball python to a woma and come out with something cool?
2. how many eggs are generally produced from this pairing?
3. the wall hybrid itself, can it be bred or it sterile? so hybrids are sterile so im wondering if this one is too.
4. is there a difference between the male being a ball python and the woma being a female or is the result the same if the woma is male and the ball python is female. I ASK THIS BECAUSE FOR EXAMPLE THE LIGER (MALE LION BRED TO A FEMALE TIGER HYBRID) IS DIFFERENT FROM A TIGION (A MALE TIGER AND A FEMALE LION) THEY LOOK VERY DIFFERENT EVEN THOUGH THE GENETICS ARE THE SAME.

THANKS FOR LOOKING AND ANSWERING THIS QUESTION

gsrept
09-30-2010, 07:02 PM
I believe they are fertile. they look cool but i am generaly against the hybridization of any species of snake or animal for that matter,I fully believe if nature had intended for them to mix it would be so. But that is my honest opinion on the subject there have been a few different mixes with balls some fertile some not. Good luck

tracy reptile co.
09-30-2010, 07:06 PM
thank you for being civil with your opinion, i dont like being attacked for asking a question. however im want to do this project for myself really not for resale so much. its not like im the first to do this hybrid and i wont be the last, i may do it and decide its not for me. either way thanks for your answer

tracy reptile co.
09-30-2010, 07:06 PM
thank you for being civil with your opinion, i dont like being attacked for asking a question. however im want to do this project for myself really not for resale so much. its not like im the first to do this hybrid and i wont be the last, i may do it and decide its not for me. either way thanks for your answer

tracy reptile co.
09-30-2010, 07:12 PM
this is writen by stephanie tracy not jim tracy so please direct your answers to me and not my husband

gsrept
09-30-2010, 07:26 PM
Like i said Stephanie there are a few out there If you are really interested in doing it i would talk to some of the people out there that have actually been succesfull making hybrids, its tough to say what results can be you could end up with nice looking babies or deformed. I would think that it would depend on the species the hybridization is with, species closely related I would think you would have the best results with. good luck would love to see pics if you get any babys. I like looking just do not like the mixing of species.

tracy reptile co.
09-30-2010, 08:21 PM
thanks for your answer and your opinion