PDA

View Full Version : My set ups

Genefreak339
10-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Ive been asked to post some pics of my set ups so without further ado here they are:

Genefreak339
10-28-2010, 10:34 PM

Genefreak339
10-28-2010, 10:35 PM

radiant dragons
10-28-2010, 11:57 PM
did you post this to the other thread yet michael

Genefreak339
10-29-2010, 12:22 AM

No but I sent a link to it via PM to the person who asked me to post it up.

Genefreak339
10-29-2010, 12:23 AM

Didnt want to get in "trouble" again for posting in the "wrong" spot. :D

deborahbroadus
10-29-2010, 07:55 AM
No, he did the right thing, this gives people a bit of wiggle room. While it won't erase the coincidences that add up to you and Jerry being the same person, and it certainly won't assure us that you are a "fine upstanding business man," it will at least (if the images check out...because I am sure people will check exif data...get the hint people?) assure us that you do have the capacity to take care of the animals you are flipping.

Only if the pics don't check out, does it get moved to the BOI (am I right Harald, if I am not, I know you are going to hit me!...cowers). Otherwise, this is just Michael showing off his set ups, and members asking about the care, amount of clutches he's produced, names of breeders he's purchased from.... Just us members/breeders sharing information.

Final business suggestion...while I know you want to make sales (don't we all?) having your customers jump in the middle of something that they don't understand (obviously a few won't be quite "intelligent" given the example of the one above that can't seem to follow directions) I would suggest that you handle your business without them attempting to "defend" you.

Frankly, they don't have the rep to be able to help you, all they are doing is damaging their own reputations and probably ensuring that they may have only low-rate animals and young dumb customers with no money when they get ready to sell THEIR animals.

hhmoore
10-29-2010, 08:12 AM
I think posting here was a good choice, Michael, though I would have understood if you had posted it in the BOI thread.

Only if the pics don't check out, does it get moved to the BOI (am I right Harald, if I am not, I know you are going to hit meIt doesn't really matter whether the pics check out or not - as the other part of your post indicated, this is just Michael showing off his set up. If people choose to bring the BOI topics here, they will be the ones facing infractions...this is a discussion forum; and, while the tolerances for wandering topics may be greater, the tolerances for harassment are a whole lot lower.

deborahbroadus
10-29-2010, 08:36 AM
I think posting here was a good choice, Michael, though I would have understood if you had posted it in the BOI thread.

It doesn't really matter whether the pics check out or not - as the other part of your post indicated, this is just Michael showing off his set up. If people choose to bring the BOI topics here, they will be the ones facing infractions...this is a discussion forum; and, while the tolerances for wandering topics may be greater, the tolerances for harassment are a whole lot lower.

Thank you, Harald.:)

Shadera
10-29-2010, 12:19 PM
Some advice..

The only thing I don't see, and I hope it's just that you forgot, is any sort of quarantine areas.

If you're going to flip animals, you need to be able to set the groups up completely apart from other groups and from your home collection. There are nasties out there that can spread like wildfire through a collection and you don't want to have to find out through your customers calling you en masse complaining that snakes have died. Quarantine is not something to take lightly.

Otherwise, not bad. :thumbsup: I hope this is the start of some complete honesty. (Won't touch on the other stuff here..)

deborahbroadus
10-29-2010, 02:44 PM
Some advice..

The only thing I don't see, and I hope it's just that you forgot, is any sort of quarantine areas.

If you're going to flip animals, you need to be able to set the groups up completely apart from other groups and from your home collection. There are nasties out there that can spread like wildfire through a collection and you don't want to have to find out through your customers calling you en masse complaining that snakes have died. Quarantine is not something to take lightly.

Otherwise, not bad. :thumbsup: I hope this is the start of some complete honesty. (Won't touch on the other stuff here..)

I notice that. I am also waiting for someone to check the pictures to see if they were taken yesterday or today as stated in my Pm.

Also, I am seeing a temp of 99 degrees, is there any reason for this, Mike?

Genefreak339
10-29-2010, 03:33 PM
I'll get a pic of the quarantine area as soon as I get home. It's not pictured because well its quarantined away from everything else lol. I dunno if its the thermo off, because those tubs are back heat or a little of both but 99 on that keeps the tubs at right temperatures. All my other racks are belly heat (which I like much more) and are set much lower temps.

Omnomnami
10-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Nice set up! I like the Mountain Dew incubator lol :)

Ponderosa Snake
10-29-2010, 10:03 PM
Only checked one picture, but it looks legit.

Make
NIKON
Model
COOLPIX S60
Aperture
Exposure Time
1/60 (0.0166666666667 sec)
Focal Length
5.9 mm
Flash
Auto, Fired
File Size
77 kB
File Type
JPEG
MIME Type
image/jpeg
Image Width
Image Height
Encoding Process
Baseline DCT, Huffman coding
Bits Per Sample
Color Components
X Resolution
Y Resolution
Software
COOLPIX S60V1.1
YCbCr Sub Sampling
YCbCr4:2:0 (2 2)
YCbCr Positioning
Co-sited
Exposure Program
Program AE
Date and Time (Original)
2010:10:29 09:08:50
Max Aperture Value
Metering Mode
Multi-segment
Light Source
Unknown
Color Space
sRGB
Custom Rendered
Normal
Exposure Mode
Auto
White Balance
Auto
Digital Zoom Ratio
N/A
Focal Length In 35 mm Format
35 mm
Scene Capture Type
Standard
Gain Control
High gain up
Contrast
Normal
Saturation
Normal
Sharpness
Normal
Subject Distance Range
Unknown
Quality
Fine
F Number
Exposure Compensation
N/A
Focus Mode
AF-C
ISO
Color Mode
Color
Digital Zoom
Compression
JPEG (old-style)
Orientation
Horizontal (normal)

deborahbroadus
10-29-2010, 10:11 PM
Only checked one picture, but it looks legit.

Make
NIKON
Model
COOLPIX S60
Aperture
Exposure Time
1/60 (0.0166666666667 sec)
Focal Length
5.9 mm
Flash
Auto, Fired
File Size
77 kB
File Type
JPEG
MIME Type
image/jpeg
Image Width
Image Height
Encoding Process
Baseline DCT, Huffman coding
Bits Per Sample
Color Components
X Resolution
Y Resolution
Software
COOLPIX S60V1.1
YCbCr Sub Sampling
YCbCr4:2:0 (2 2)
YCbCr Positioning
Co-sited
Exposure Program
Program AE
Date and Time (Original)
Max Aperture Value
Metering Mode
Multi-segment
Light Source
Unknown
Color Space
sRGB
Custom Rendered
Normal
Exposure Mode
Auto
White Balance
Auto
Digital Zoom Ratio
N/A
Focal Length In 35 mm Format
35 mm
Scene Capture Type
Standard
Gain Control
High gain up
Contrast
Normal
Saturation
Normal
Sharpness
Normal
Subject Distance Range
Unknown
Quality
Fine
F Number
Exposure Compensation
N/A
Focus Mode
AF-C
ISO
Color Mode
Color
Digital Zoom
Compression
JPEG (old-style)
Orientation
Horizontal (normal)

Thanks!:)

Genefreak339
10-29-2010, 10:36 PM
Thanks!:)

Hey deb here is a site to check all the exif data you need, incase you want to do it yourself.... Its really simple: http://regex.info/exif.cgi

-Michael

Omnomnami
10-29-2010, 10:40 PM
That's the site I use. Very easy and accurate. :D

Genefreak339
01-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Pics of my quarantine cages.... And me in the pics (asked for by people in the boi)

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Omnomnami
01-14-2011, 10:01 PM
HAHAHAHAHA! XDDD

Pink Lady Exotics
01-14-2011, 11:13 PM
I notice that. I am also waiting for someone to check the pictures to see if they were taken yesterday or today as stated in my Pm.

According to the exif data, they were taken October 29th, 2010. Not recently.

Date and Time (Original)

Michael, where are your quarantine cages in relation to your collection? You keep your incubator in your quarantine room?

Omnomnami
01-14-2011, 11:38 PM
Exif data is showing different for me...can take a screen shot if needed.

Genefreak339
01-15-2011, 12:13 AM
According to the exif data, they were taken October 29th, 2010. Not recently.

Im sorry but that exif data you are referring to is from the pics that were first posted on this thread and they WERE posted on 10/29/2010....

Michael, where are your quarantine cages in relation to your collection? You keep your incubator in your quarantine room?

Ill draw up a nice little blueprint of the house if you would like lol..... The quarantine cages are in my "junk" room and Ive been tweaking my incubator in there.... Just figured Id add that in the pic to show more proof so that you guys cant say "he probably just took those pics in front of his buddies setups"

deborahbroadus
01-15-2011, 07:19 AM
Exif data is showing different for me...can take a screen shot if needed.

Show please.:)

snakechaarmer
01-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Pics of my quarantine cages.... And me in the pics (asked for by people in the boi)

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

I don't really care about all the tomfoolery and nonsense but I think you're a cutie and I am super jealous of your Mountain Dew incubator. I've been looking everywhere for an old one of those types to convert :)

Omnomnami
01-15-2011, 05:39 PM
Show please.:)

I'll hop over to my desktop. Took some screenies last night just in case. :)

Omnomnami
01-15-2011, 05:43 PM
Here ya go. Right click the pic and click view image and you can see the full size of the pic.

Omnomnami
01-15-2011, 05:46 PM
Hmm weird. The pic isn't resizing when you click view like it usually does. Oh well, you can still see the date.

Balls Deep Reptiles
01-15-2011, 07:09 PM
Looks like a good start to me? Working on an incubator just like that. Iv'e found soda fridges on Ebay for decent pricing but I got mine for free from a mom and pop gas station. It had just broken.

rcpreis3
01-16-2011, 12:40 AM
This thread is from the 29th tho Jen. But yea same question, U keep ur incubator next to your quarantine?

rcpreis3
01-16-2011, 12:41 AM
sorry didnt see the 3rd page, but how are u gonna sterilize ur incubator before use?

Amelanistic Orca
01-16-2011, 12:07 PM
This thread is from the 29th tho Jen. But yea same question, U keep ur incubator next to your quarantine?

Now that's sum funny stuff!! Jeanious attack!! lol

deborahbroadus
01-16-2011, 01:31 PM
My set ups! Rat room and some open snake tubs...

See, I have supplies visible and FOOD in my rat tubs/racks and obviously enough to feed the number of animals I claim!

My quarantine rooms are two-fold: First I have an attached shed on the back of the house and my kitchen for those animals from people I trust. Both are a floor away from the main animals.

FLIP..I flip animals that I have RAISED (so, I KNOW they are healthy) when I have no further use of them in my harem.

gsrept
01-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Well I do not know this person or what he has done in the past. he may be a flipper but to me this is harassment he showed his stuff, which he really did not have to do and yes he should not incubate his eggs in quarentine room but who are we to judge on his practices there may be things that you all do that people would not like. If you do not want to buy from him then don't and i think all the BOI threads speak for themselves. IMO

rcpreis3
01-16-2011, 09:10 PM
We are good enough to judge on him because his animals will be on the market going to people we may wanna buy from, so we wanna know that we dont have to avoid not only him, but his customers too in the future. But granted all the judging does happen in the BOI.

But I wasnt meaning to be attacking, I simply wanna know whats he gonna use that will kill any biological threats on his incubator and not be harmful to the eggs.

rcpreis3
01-16-2011, 09:13 PM
Also Id like to know who u got those eggs from in the incubator. I dont think people should ship eggs.

hhmoore
01-16-2011, 10:59 PM
We are good enough to judge on him because his animals will be on the market going to people we may wanna buy from, so we wanna know that we dont have to avoid not only him, but his customers too in the future. But granted all the judging does happen in the BOI.
This isn't the BOI...I'm only posting this SECOND reminder because the thread was recently revived.

Genefreak339
01-16-2011, 11:01 PM
Also Id like to know who u got those eggs from in the incubator. I dont think people should ship eggs.

What are you talking about? There are no eggs in my incubator... Theres just an empty tub of vermiculite in there.... I said I was tweaking it and its in that room as all my tools and such are in there also plus I wanted to add it in the pic to show more proof that those are my cages.... Just getting it ready for eggs as a few of my girls have just pre-lay shed. As you can see the incubator is pretty dirty from sitting up this past year so I plan on taking it outside and cleaning/disinfecting before putting in eggs. Either way I DONT have any infections in my collection, PERIOD. Every snake I have right now has been in my possession for 2+months.

hhmoore
01-16-2011, 11:03 PM

While I can understand jumping to the conclusion that there are eggs in the container (even though he said he was tweaking the set up)...but why would you assume that the eggs were shipped?

Pink Lady Exotics
01-16-2011, 11:12 PM
Well I do not know this person or what he has done in the past. he may be a flipper but to me this is harassment he showed his stuff, which he really did not have to do and yes he should not incubate his eggs in quarentine room but who are we to judge on his practices there may be things that you all do that people would not like. If you do not want to buy from him then don't and i think all the BOI threads speak for themselves. IMO

Then you may want to go read his entire BOI thread.

Michael, I applaud you for posting pictures as asked. I do hope your incubator is moved out of there when it is in use and is thoroughly disinfected. Also, just as an FYI -- 2 months is not long enough to know whether something is carrying an infection or not. You just never know. With the amount of animals you have coming in and out, I have to ask how you handle quarantining them all when they're from different suppliers? For instance, say you have 2 animals in quarantine from Seller A. They have been there for 3 weeks. Then you bring in 3 animals from Seller B and put them into quarantine. Thus they are in with the existing animals, exposing them to any potential pathogens or parasites. Do you then re-start the quarantine for the animals from Seller A, setting the clock back to zero so to speak, or do you let them finish up after only 1-5 more weeks (depending on how long you usually have them there) and then move them into your main collection? If you don't re-start the quarantine when new additions come in, how do you know what they aren't carrying into your main collection from exposure to new acquistions?

I am not asking these questions in an attempt to attack. I am genuinely curious because this is a topic that has come up in the past with other people who broker animals and also people who have suffered various infections within their collections.

Genefreak339
01-16-2011, 11:23 PM
Then you may want to go read his entire BOI thread.

Michael, I applaud you for posting pictures as asked. I do hope your incubator is moved out of there when it is in use and is thoroughly disinfected. Also, just as an FYI -- 2 months is not long enough to know whether something is carrying an infection or not. You just never know. With the amount of animals you have coming in and out, I have to ask how you handle quarantining them all when they're from different suppliers? For instance, say you have 2 animals in quarantine from Seller A. They have been there for 3 weeks. Then you bring in 3 animals from Seller B and put them into quarantine. Thus they are in with the existing animals, exposing them to any potential pathogens or parasites. Do you then re-start the quarantine for the animals from Seller A, setting the clock back to zero so to speak, or do you let them finish up after only 1-5 more weeks (depending on how long you usually have them there) and then move them into your main collection? If you don't re-start the quarantine when new additions come in, how do you know what they aren't carrying into your main collection from exposure to new acquistions?

I am not asking these questions in an attempt to attack. I am genuinely curious because this is a topic that has come up in the past with other people who broker animals and also people who have suffered various infections within their collections.

Jen, I never understood how you came to the conclusion that I had a ton of snakes coming in and out of my possession. When I have ever "flipped" snakes it was from collection buy-outs. Ive never at one time had multiple snakes from multiple people in the quarantine room. That is a good question though, I would have to start the quarantine over completely if that were to happen. I will have 8-12 clutches this season so my "flipping" days will be over lol, Im focusing on the snakes I have now. The first year I got into this I was flipping to make extra $ to build my collection up and its where I want it now. :D

Genefreak339
01-16-2011, 11:26 PM
I don't really care about all the tomfoolery and nonsense but I think you're a cutie and I am super jealous of your Mountain Dew incubator.

:blush: Dont make me blush :D

Carlene16
01-16-2011, 11:27 PM
I see your lesser male's name is Bartleby? Very creative name :spinner03
Your set ups look very nice.

Pink Lady Exotics
01-16-2011, 11:31 PM
Unrelated, but Deb, you're totally going to let me have that killer striped girl aren't you? :D :thumbsup:

rcpreis3
01-17-2011, 01:09 AM
While I can understand jumping to the conclusion that there are eggs in the container (even though he said he was tweaking the set up)...but why would you assume that the eggs were shipped?

I just assumed they were shipped cuz why else would u put eggs u produced in ur quarantine room? But he said they werent eggs and he was tweaking it and I must have missed it in an earlier post.

deborahbroadus
01-17-2011, 07:19 AM
Unrelated, but Deb, you're totally going to let me have that killer striped girl aren't you? :D :thumbsup:

Yeah, wait for her. :rofl:

* I've had her for 5 years, got her as a WC (striking at everything, even caught me a couple of times) and she's a total sweetheart now. She's not leaving.:rofl:

BOT: The set ups don't reassure me at all.

Pink Lady Exotics
01-17-2011, 08:50 AM
Yeah, wait for her. :rofl:

That literally made me LOL. :D *sits by the door and hopes*

deborahbroadus
01-17-2011, 10:23 AM
That literally made me LOL. :D *sits by the door and hopes*

She's gravid.:yesnod:

.Priceless.:rofl: