PDA

View Full Version : Imp the Import

dragonheart718
11-08-2010, 05:31 PM
I will always have a soft spot for this guy.
When we got a hold of him, we really didn't think he was going to make it. He had stuck shed on top of stuck shed and was ridiculously skinny! He was so weak, but that is all in the past, as you would never guess it now.

He has been in our possession for a good long while now, and has a huge personality to match his appetite. Lets just say, every time his tub is open he thinks its feeding time. :rolleyes_

But enough talking, here he is -

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj108/Madd_Hatted/Imp02.jpg

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj108/Madd_Hatted/Imp01.jpg

Kec5105
11-08-2010, 05:50 PM
WOW he is really nice looking!

dragonheart718
11-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Thank you =]

gsrept
11-08-2010, 05:58 PM
very nice. love the melting on the sides

Carlene16
11-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Pleaseeee tell me your going to breed him to something :)
He is gorgeous! I'd love to have a snake like that in my collection.

dragonheart718
11-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Thank you for the kind words everyone. =]

We have two females lined up for him this season. He has only been with one so far and he took to breeding right away.
So my fingers are crossed!

Subdriven
11-08-2010, 09:33 PM
is he a "normal" with a wicked pattern?? or is he a GS?? You trying to bread that pattern out? he is a great looking snake!

dragonheart718
11-08-2010, 09:37 PM
As of now all I can say is that he is a "Normal" until proven otherwise.
I am hoping that he proves out to be genetic, and if he does I would be "tickled pink" if the babies keep all of his traits. (No black, complete back stripe, and melting side pattern)

Nick & Chelsea
11-08-2010, 09:38 PM
That's a great story, to go with a beautiful snake, that surely would have died if you hadn't gotten a hold of him. Good luck, and a great job. Perhaps one of his kids will be in my budget when they come along.. Keep us all in the loop please.

dragonheart718
11-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Thank you that means a lot. I couldn't be happier with how good he is doing.

I will be sure to keep everyone updated on his potential offspring. =]

Subdriven
11-08-2010, 09:40 PM
nice.. I hope it is genetic for you!! I thought it was just the pics that took out the black.. that even makes it nicer.. will be great to lighten that up with another morph!!!

dragonheart718
11-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Thank you =]
We are definitely hoping he is genetic. I think if he was, he would have the potential to do very interesting things to some of the existing bases/crosses.

But all I can say is time will tell!

Melinda
11-08-2010, 11:07 PM
He's clearly sub par, you should send him to me. I promise to take care of him. :dgrin:

Seriously, He's beautiful!! I love his stripe and pattern. Throw anything at him and I'd bet he'd make beautiful babies.

B&C Ball Pythons
11-08-2010, 11:45 PM
WOW! I'm glad you got him healthy and happy :) He's a beautiful animal!

rcpreis3
11-09-2010, 01:32 AM
Seeing people get stuff like this makes me wanna hunt down an importer and hand pick his stock!

I hope hes genetic I'd really love to toss him into a cinny or pastel project, and of course see what happens with a GS!

Good job getting him healthy u deserve to prove him out, its the least he owes ya!

dragonheart718
11-09-2010, 04:12 PM
He's clearly sub par, you should send him to me. I promise to take care of him. :dgrin:

Seriously, He's beautiful!! I love his stripe and pattern. Throw anything at him and I'd bet he'd make beautiful babies.

:rofl:
Thank you =] We decided on pairing him up with two odd colored females. One being dark while the other is Fire looking.
I was thinking about pairing him up with one of the Morph females, but I decided against it.... for this season anyways.

WOW! I'm glad you got him healthy and happy :) He's a beautiful animal!

Thank you. I couldn't be happier with his recovery... He acts and "looks" like a totally different animal now.

Seeing people get stuff like this makes me wanna hunt down an importer and hand pick his stock!

I hope hes genetic I'd really love to toss him into a cinny or pastel project, and of course see what happens with a GS!

Good job getting him healthy u deserve to prove him out, its the least he owes ya!

Thank you. We have our fingers crossed that he proves genetic, so hopefully this season we will find out, that is if he is Co-Dom or Dom.

Thank you all again for all of the nice comments.

gsrept
11-09-2010, 05:11 PM
i think there will be something more than you think with that one. good luck keep us posted.

B&C Ball Pythons
11-11-2010, 09:58 AM
I have his cousin. Also an import (CH though.) Not exact, but maybe they are distant relatives :)

:shrug01:

dragonheart718
11-11-2010, 10:21 AM
Does he have any black on him?
Male or Female?
You have yourself a really nice looking animal.

B&C Ball Pythons
11-11-2010, 10:28 AM
She was very brown/caramel-ish as a juv. Her browns are turning very dark and partially black and her caramel sides as a juv are turning off-white w/bright white bordering. Is your boy changin much? He is a looker! I think you have alot of us in awe at how cool he is. Very cool you have him back to health and spoiled.

dragonheart718
11-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Well I have only had Imp for about a year, and he was already a big male when I got him, so I can't say what he looked like as baby.
But when we first got him he wasn't as bright as he is now, I don't know if it has to do with him being malnourished or what?
He never had any black though from the beginning, but now every time he sheds he just puts me in awe on how bright colorful he is.
For instance when we first received him, his head spot was there, but it wasn't as nearly as "Stand out-ish" as it is now.

I hope you have good success with your Female. She is very nice, and I know if she was in my collection, I would be setting her and Imp up on a date.

B&C Ball Pythons
11-11-2010, 10:49 AM
If we prove ours out we'll have to swap some babies :)

dragonheart718
11-11-2010, 10:54 AM
I would be up for it =]

Your girl looks to be a nice size, what are you planning on pairing up with her, that is if you don't mind me asking.

B&C Ball Pythons
11-11-2010, 11:02 AM
I weighed her last week at 1167 on empty. I'm not pairing her up this year. I'm gonna wait til next season and hopefully she'll be well over 1500. I want her to be nice, big, and healthy. As far as males, we only have a NERD lemon bumblebee so far. We're heading to a show in Jan to shop for another. We have 5 females, so we're gonna get another male or two. We just don't know what yet.

dragonheart718
11-11-2010, 11:04 AM
Awesome =] I am sure she will be well up to size by next season.
You will have to keep me updated on this project. I am interested to see how it works out.

B&C Ball Pythons
11-11-2010, 11:07 AM
Likewise. I'm enjoying talking to other people about dinker projects. Very exciting possibilities!

dragonheart718
11-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Same here. I adore dinker projects and love to see what other people are working with.

SIGNATURE DESIGN EXOTICS
11-13-2010, 08:54 PM
glad it worked out for you. its always nice to see a rebound